Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 May 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3903372)   #226
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Neal was excluded from the race results and got four points on his license for that.

Not sure why he was fighting so hard with a car that is in a different class or are they counting overall results rather than TCT/TCR separately?
Everybody fights for the overall TCT championship. While TCR cars also fight for the TCR UK championship.
Bit like how BTCC independents have
Old 14 May 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3903757)   #227
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I know it's only foam, but that's still going to hurt. Those marshalls look poorly protected from that angle, I hope consideration is given to improvements in protection at that part of the track.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3919215)   #228
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teamwork VW drops out...
Old 24 Jul 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3919220)   #229
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Teamwork VW drops out...

...and then there was 6
Old 24 Jul 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3919223)   #230
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
...and then there was 6
as many as that?
Old 24 Jul 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3919227)   #231
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
as many as that?

7 were at the last round, guessing Stewart hasnt found any more runners for Brands Hatch, but I suppose it depends how many bother to turn up on the day... 6 is probably the maximum
Old 24 Jul 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3919233)   #232
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://brscc.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...try-List-2.pdf

8 entries, now 7 with the Teamwork car gone. And that includes Lines himself.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3919235)   #233
EarlCdwards
Rookie

EarlCdwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 championships on that list, not one of them has more than 20 cars and only 3 have enough to keep championship status. It's not just TCR/TCT with issues.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3919277)   #234
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strictly speaking, Touring Car Trophy is down to two cars with the remainder being TCR UK....
Old 25 Jul 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3919288)   #235
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Strictly speaking, Touring Car Trophy is down to two cars with the remainder being TCR UK....
Assuming of course that all the 'TCR' cars are TCR UK entries, which hasn't always been the case.
Old 25 Jul 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3919298)   #236
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Media team are on form given the preview they've just put out....
Old 25 Jul 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3919305)   #237
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Media team are on form given the preview they've just put out....
yes. preview they put out today states sunny wong will be competing
embarrasingly incompetent

https://tcruk.co.uk/index.php/news/i...w-brands-hatch
Old 25 Jul 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3919317)   #238
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
They should get Theresa May to run this championship. She'd show 'em how to do it. Simply talk about doing some races without actually doing any. Save a fortune ��
Old 26 Jul 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3919400)   #239
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I'm sure she has more time to do it now
Old 29 Jul 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3920197)   #240
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may be a slightly controversial post, but I'm actually going to talk about the racing from the weekend (if that's actually allowed in this thread of course...)

2 decent races, interesting to see Lewis Kent struggle a little, and the parity between the TCR and NGTC cars seems to be creating some really interesting battles. Looking good for James Turkington now, a pair of second place finishes at Donington could secure him the title, depending on where they both qualify anyway. Could we see a Turkington claim both the BTCC and TCR UK titles in the same year?
Old 29 Jul 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3920223)   #241
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe in the future 2 Turkingtons on the BTCC grid ?
Old 29 Jul 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3920313)   #242
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
This may be a slightly controversial post, but I'm actually going to talk about the racing from the weekend (if that's actually allowed in this thread of course...)

2 decent races, interesting to see Lewis Kent struggle a little, and the parity between the TCR and NGTC cars seems to be creating some really interesting battles. Looking good for James Turkington now, a pair of second place finishes at Donington could secure him the title, depending on where they both qualify anyway. Could we see a Turkington claim both the BTCC and TCR UK titles in the same year?
There's a novelty. The word "racing" in a TCR thread. Not something I'd expected... might have to have a look at the footage...
Old 29 Jul 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3920319)   #243
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post

What races were you watching?

I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and the TCR 'races' I saw were, predictably, awful. I'm sure anyone who was watching the livestream would agree with me.

Thankfully Formula Ford, Fiestas (senior) and Civic Cup saved the day.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3920407)   #244
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
What races were you watching?

I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and the TCR 'races' I saw were, predictably, awful. I'm sure anyone who was watching the livestream would agree with me.

Thankfully Formula Ford, Fiestas (senior) and Civic Cup saved the day.
I was watching the races where, in race 1, 3 different drivers led at one points, the championship leader gained several positions from the back of the grid, only to fall back again in the closing stages, losing a position at the very last corner and also losing the championship lead.

Then, in the second of these "awful" races, I saw the very same driver put in a fantastic drive, pulling off some genuinely strong overtakes, and then engage in a great battle with Henry Neal for second place, with Neal putting in an equally strong defensive drive to hold on to the position. We now have a championship that is likely to go down to the final race of the season, which, regardless of how many cars are involved, will still be an intriguing showdown between two drivers trying to make a name for themselves in Touring Car racing

Were they the most exciting races I've ever witnessed? No. Were they the worst races I've seen? Far from it! In fact, they were far from the least entertaining races that day.

If you don't enjoy it, fair enough, but I no longer see the point in endlessly bad mouthing a series that you clearly don't want to watch anymore anyway. I am not a particularly big fan of formula one, but I don't feel the need to log into an online forum after every race to tell the world how crap it was!
Old 14 Oct 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3934373)   #245
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.team-hard.com/three-pron...in-tct-finale/

Team HARD enter 3 NGTC VWs.

Yes, I had forgotten about this series too!
Old 14 Oct 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3934393)   #246
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just think everyone outside of the series gave up on it tbh
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3934547)   #247
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm surprised they're allowed to enter current cars.

Gow should be fuming.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3934558)   #248
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm surprised they're allowed to enter current cars.

Gow should be fuming.
BTCC regulations stipulate that cars become ineligible for use if they are used in another championship during the same calendar year.
So, the VW's will be barred from participating in the BTCC for the rest of 2019 once they've been used in this championship.

I wonder if that regulation will be reviewed for 2020?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3934561)   #249
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
BTCC regulations stipulate that cars become ineligible for use if they are used in another championship during the same calendar year.

So, the VW's will be barred from participating in the BTCC for the rest of 2019 once they've been used in this championship.

I wonder if that regulation will be reviewed for 2020?
Can't see this in the regs, how does this bit actually read?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3934571)   #250
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Can't see this in the regs, how does this bit actually read?

Found it... calendar year bit is key

"Any car that has competed or been utilised in any competition other than the Championship is ineligible to compete in the Championship within the same calendar year. "