Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3914899)   #376
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that drama during the last lap was intense when No. 10 Gainer GT-R took over the No. 36 REALIZE GT-R.

Also, seems that we have a Lexus dominance in GT500 with Lexus Team LeMans winning it. Anyways, what a great race, although it's sad that Honda is having a bad day today!
Old 1 Jul 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3915282)   #377
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Autosport web Thailand round GT500 race report
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/498142?all

*Tsutomu Tojo (Team Tom's engineer) says that engine has been powerful since Suzuka round.
*#36 was preceded in pit-out by #6 because the fueling time was extended by one second for bad fuel consumption.

*As for Honda squad, qualifying run is Okay, but there is no downforce in multi car situation.

*Nissan GTRs lack a mechanical grip in less downforce situation in hot temperature.
Old 1 Jul 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3915308)   #378
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
jp.motorsport.com reports the Thailand round future.
https://jp.motorsport.com/supergt/ne...-year/4486444/

*Paddock rumor says that Thailand round will be held instead of the August Fuji round at the Olympics next year.
*On the other hand, there is also a rumor that the Thailand round will end this year because of the funds shortage of Chang.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3915485)   #379
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Masataka Bandoh (#19) appreciates Oshima and Kunimoto.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzaQLZRhfaY/

I think Thailand round's MVP are Oshima and Kunimoto.
They good at Thailand round.
However, their partner drivers have changed each year for the past three years.
The current SGT has less driving time.
Nevertheless, two drivers have to ride, so they can not give priority to themselves, they must respect their partner.
They say that they will renew their mood before the season and work hard, but they should have thought that the partner has changed again and again.
The strength of #36, #37, #38 is that the partner does not change.
Because they understand each other well, they can set up the machine and select tires smoothly.
It should be better than #6 and #9.
Furthermore, Yamashita experienced BS tires for the first time, and Tsuboi experienced GT500 YH tires for the first time.
For the partners, Oshima and Kunimoto should have cut their own driving time.
Then #6 won.
It is the result of the director and the team doing well while the engineer has been replaced.
Yamashita was quick from the #19 era, but he got pole position in only 4 races after team transfer.
This is probably due to the good communication with Oshima.
Super GT is a team game.
Kunimoto also teamed up with younger driver for two consecutive years, taking advantage of Tsuboi's speed while showing his own speed.
Kunimoto plays a central role in YH tire development in these two years.
We were third place behind 10 seconds, but I think this is not the driver's difference.
As we are the only one LC500 YH user, we have less data than rivals.
Among them, second place in the qualifying, third place in the race.
I would like to say that our tire development was not wrong.
What I want to say is that Oshima and Kunimoto's mental and dexterity are wonderful as their environment changes.
Yamashita and Tsuboi were also great.
It was a moment when the young drivers got stronger.
At the 2013 win of Team LeMans, the drivers were Oshima and Kunimoto.
Is that a coincidence?
Will the #6 win and # 19 3rd place be the director's ability difference?
I will work hard searching for news so as at least not to lose to Wakisaka-san in talk show.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3915497)   #380
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentary really was horrendous. Apprently, Yamaha make tyres and Hiroki Katoh has raced in F1 and IndyCar. It took them about 3 laps to notice that the GT300 battle at the end of the race was for the win. Cole was somehow unaware of the safety car procedure despite having seen it in action at the previous race and he misidentified Juichi Wakisaka twice even though his name was on the screen. Retire already, Jesus.

Good race though, but it always is in this series. Shame that three of the Hondas collided, it topped off what was already a bad race for them.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 20:45 (Ref:3915555)   #381
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Commentary was above horrendous. Almost miss Nismo-man Collins. Pity the former motorsport journo-turned into a pseudo-activist.

Hope they replace the commentors line-up for the next event.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3915611)   #382
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Tsutomu Tojo SGT Thailand round report
https://ameblo.jp/tsutomutojo/entry-12489567961.html

*Tire choice
#6: Soft, Soft
#37: Medium, Soft
#36: Medium, Medium

*Cassidy should have given Sekiguchi a racing line.

*#36 car will be airlifted to Japan because of floor damage.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3915647)   #383
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm still a motorsport journo. Would love to be back in Super GT, and I'm very happy doing Super Formula too. Watch this space.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3915650)   #384
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
I'm still a motorsport journo. Would love to be back in Super GT, and I'm very happy doing Super Formula too. Watch this space.

Super GT commentary isn’t the same without you Sam. Hope to hear your voice over a SGT race soon
Old 4 Jul 2019, 03:08 (Ref:3915790)   #385
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Chang Circuit isn't the best layout, but it does provide good racing. Every Super GT round here has had a good race. Usually Super GT is good racing regardless.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 04:33 (Ref:3915797)   #386
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of commentary, I think Motorsport TV should invite those who know Super GT from the inside out, not bringing some two random people on a short notice.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 01:51 (Ref:3915952)   #387
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
There isn't really such a thing as far as racing commentators go. I mean Sam isn't even really one by trade and he did about as good of a job as you could hope for within the limitations but the Nismo TV streams were still short on information compared to the Japanese broadcasts. Although any remote broadcast is going to suffer anyways.

But at least Nismo TV was someone who loves the series and wanted to be doing it whose rambling was mostly related to the series, which avoided the feeling of two half asleep people muttering whatever incoherent nonsense comes to mind Motorsport.com's broadcast had this weekend. There was so many blatant factual errors that had nothing to even do with the race it's pointless to point out any specifically.
Old 5 Jul 2019, 04:07 (Ref:3915961)   #388
MagVanisher
Veteran

Come to think of it, I wonder why Motorsport TV didn't bring Amie-san during the actual Super GT race?

Sure that she's currently doing post-commentary 3 weeks after the race, but I think Super GT needs international collaboration. Unfortunately for this series, it's disjointed right now.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 03:36 (Ref:3916080)   #389
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web is reporting an Oshima's decision in Thailand round.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/499578?all

*Oshima firstly accepted 2nd driver treatment in his driver life in Thailand round.
*Team director Wakisaka made the same decision in Tom's era (1st driver: Andre Lotterer). So he knows Oshima's pain.
*Wakisaka says that knowing the pain of the 2nd driver makes Oshima stronger.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3916217)   #390
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Autosport web is reporting an Oshima's decision in Thailand round.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/499578?all

*Oshima firstly accepted 2nd driver treatment in his driver life in Thailand round.
*Team director Wakisaka made the same decision in Tom's era (1st driver: Andre Lotterer). So he knows Oshima's pain.
Is it that second driver means not as fast as the first driver?
Old 6 Jul 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3916224)   #391
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:

He won't cry. He still gets a good salary. That money talks, he'll not deny.

Quote:
I'm still a motorsport journo.

Last time I looked at your twitter account you sound more like a desperado activist. Good to hear you're not yet lost.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 07:27 (Ref:3916266)   #392
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Autosport web,
Team RQ's (#22) will invite Björn Wirdheim as 3rd driver in Fuji 500 miles race.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/499885?all
Old 7 Jul 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3916320)   #393
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey Juntos, I am an elected representative for my area. But I do commentary and write about cars to earn money (and because I love doing it) - you'll see both things on the twitter feed.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3916413)   #394
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Hey Juntos, I am an elected representative for my area.
I didn't know you were deeply into politics. Sorry. The first duty of a man is to think for himself, be reminded.

Good to hear Björn Wirdheim is back. Hope he doesn't do a "Wirdheim moment" again.

For the newbies, a Wirdheim moment is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVcM...ature=youtu.be
Old 8 Jul 2019, 06:08 (Ref:3916449)   #395
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I didn't know you were deeply into politics. Sorry. The first duty of a man is to think for himself, be reminded. l]

What on earth are you on about Juntos
Old 9 Jul 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3916667)   #396
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web reports Stephane Ratel's interview.
https://www.as-web.jp/sports-car/500609?all

He revealed GT300 tire secret (there is a special tire and customer tire in GT300).

*About GT300 BoP
SRO BoP is supposed to be used under single tire manufacturer race.
This BoP is also used in the GT300, but it will also be the effect of multiple tire manufacturers.
I think Bandoh-san can solve this by changing it single tire manufacturer (joking).
I think that current SRO BoP is almost perfect.
However, in GT300, some team use A-level (special/works spec) tire, and another team uses B-level (customer spec) tire, so I believe that this makes a difference with GT300.
Performance adjustment is almost perfect level equality.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3916687)   #397
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

I don't see any secret being revealed. A well-informed Super GT follower knows that all tire manufacturers provide different kind of tires according to their priorities in GT300 class. It has been like this for ages.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3916815)   #398
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Ah, Ratel tells just about a multi make tire situation.
I misunderstood that Ratel was saying the different tire treatment mainly in Yokohama user.
There is an open secret that Yokohama supplies old spec tire for weak privateer team.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3916897)   #399
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Ah, Ratel tells just about a multi make tire situation.
I misunderstood that Ratel was saying the different tire treatment mainly in Yokohama user.
There is an open secret that Yokohama supplies old spec tire for weak privateer team.
That must make some teams a little upset, unless they get those tires for a lower cost? Do you know if that is mentioned?
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3916991)   #400
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Of course the details are unknown.
However, it is rumored that tire spec will be different between works team and others.
And, ironically, it seems that works team can use it at free, and other teams must buy it.
I think this might be due to the limited production equipment.