Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3872829)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
NURBURGRING OLDTIMER GP

The established 'OldTimer' includes FJ Lurani, HGPCA and Masters grids from the UK.

And for 2019 the Friday Nordshleiffe Marathon could return if the AvD get enough support.....
Old 29 Dec 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3872957)   #2
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping that work will allow me to run the Capri this year(Hopefully there will be enough entries) It's a shame there powers that be brought in the Permit idea, don't think that helped much Re Brit entrants)
Old 29 Dec 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3872958)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bonjour, Terence! I only know one guy living in Nürbur area having a MKII. So its you again!
Old 29 Dec 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3872996)   #4
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Bonjour Gerhard, long story but just could not get logged into tenths then gave up. Then started a new account.
I am very hopeful of the three hour taking place in 19,fairly strong indicators suggest it will. However, Capri has been a bit of a long journey, two years of not being here, then Iain kindly stepped in and brought it over for me.
Work on it has, until recently, been sporadic, but pretty much there now.
Rolling Road session out of the box saw 287bhp,but expect a little more once my new carb jets arrive.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3873012)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Bower View Post
Rolling Road session out of the box saw 287bhp,but expect a little more once my new carb jets arrive.
287, taxes included? I recall you have a full XPack configuration, if so you're running 3XDCNF in 42 diameter. Together with the jets you ordered you should consider to connect the two missing plugs…
Old 2 Jan 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3873559)   #6
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
287, taxes included? I recall you have a full XPack configuration, if so you're running 3XDCNF in 42 diameter. Together with the jets you ordered you should consider to connect the two missing plugs…
😂😂
Old 6 Aug 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3921633)   #7
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly the lack of comments on TTs reflects the falling status of this once great event, however, l & a few friends will be attending this weekend, spectating, eating & drinking etc.
Have not found any online entry lists, but grids are normally quite reasonable for most races, except the Marathon, which sadly (again) will not be run due to lack of entries ; mostly due to the insistance that drivers have to do the licence farce in order to drive the N'schleife, even though they can prove their competence through their previous race participation, as documented in the AvD's own website archives !!! Oh well ......
Hope to meet up with the usual suspects when there !!

Weather does not look to be bad over the weekend.

MartinH
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3921655)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It is a shame about the Marathon, that used to broaden the appeal of the event considerably. Bit far for me just to spectate, but have enjoyed the two occasions I have attended, once to race in Masters GD and the second time just supporting- helping Iain from memory!

Only 12 HF1, but several regulars are at Laguna Seca in Masters American series. Clever when you have clashes with your own events.....

Timetable- http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...incl.TEST.pdf/
Old 6 Aug 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3921659)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just had a gander at the paddock layout plan. No mention of BMW, Porsche or Merc stands, but big ones for Volvo and Skoda!

Perhaps tenthers at the meeting will confirm or correct that. The manufacturer displays of historic race and rally cars were a highlight......
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3921674)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in my opinion the Zandvoort Historic GP is a smaller and much more charming version of the OGP.

Going by the huge number of German cars in the car parks last year, I am not alone with that view

RuE
Old 6 Aug 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3921706)   #11
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
in my opinion the Zandvoort Historic GP is a smaller and much more charming version of the OGP.

Going by the huge number of German cars in the car parks last year, I am not alone with that view

RuE
Agree with this 100%, but make the most of it's charm before the F1 requirements totally kill the circuit's character for the sake of yet another boring F1 race. We have enough of them already !!

Driving Zandvoort currently need b@lls & commitment, but l fear that will no longer be the case after next year.

Let's hope Guy Martin never becomes a sucessful F1 driver & they feel the need to hold an F1 'race' at Cadwell Park !!

MartinH
Old 6 Aug 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3921709)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Crikkee weekend is doomed already . Say what you like I’m eating as much free food as I can 😛
Old 6 Aug 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3921724)   #13
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
entry list

Evening,

FYI Entry lists are out.. https://www.avd-ogp.de/en/list-of-participants/
Old 7 Aug 2019, 05:08 (Ref:3921771)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Free food? Are you sure… Many birds in the area Iain?
Old 7 Aug 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3921772)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Terence, are you driving your Capri for this event as was planed?
Old 8 Aug 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3921988)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had a stroll around paddock . There is more corporate and hospitality here than ever . Hey ho . Truth be known I was looking for our hostility tent . Looks like it’s been moved way down by the fuel station . Guess time moves on but I can remember the good old days when the paddock was just full of old cars , motor bikes and auto jumble . Happy days
Old 9 Aug 2019, 04:29 (Ref:3922024)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had a stroll around paddock . There is more corporate and hospitality here than ever . Hey ho . Truth be known I was looking for our hostility tent . Looks like it’s been moved way down by the fuel station . Guess time moves on but I can remember the good old days when the paddock was just full of old cars , motor bikes and auto jumble . Happy days
So you don't have a paddock layout plan then!

Here you go.....

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...ddockPlan.pdf/

Last edited by Mike Bell; 9 Aug 2019 at 05:03.
Old 9 Aug 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3922025)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Mike , do behave . 🤣
Old 9 Aug 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3922073)   #19
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the Roelofs 250 GTO Rep racing. Does sound good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV0CsuvB0D8
Old 10 Aug 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3922180)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Some potential good news from Germany- The Marathon back next year...
Attached Thumbnails
2FCFBD1C-8D7C-4D50-A1F1-BBF02EF6CB6C.jpeg  
Old 10 Aug 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3922182)   #21
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
This could be a really dum question but what is the 'Marathon'?

I assume just a endurance on the Nordschleife.

Asking as I dont know the history of the event really
Old 10 Aug 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3922184)   #22
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fingers crossed, but I’ll believe it only after the start lights go out ;-) I heard talk yesterday that they would be accepting cars of later eras than previous too, but have not seen anything in writing to substantiate that.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3922188)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
This could be a really dum question but what is the 'Marathon'?

I assume just a endurance on the Nordschleife.

Asking as I dont know the history of the event really
It was a 4 hour endurance race on the Nordschleife that in the past was held on the Friday of this weekend. Open to FiA cars up to around 1976 running Dunlop Historic or Avon ZZ radial tyres. Importantly the circuit did not include the GP loop so qualifying could take place on that at the same time. I’ve watched one team member qualifying a car on the GP circuit while his team mate was doing a stint in their other car on the ‘green hell’.....

The race fell foul of the demanding driver qualifications now required for racing on the long circuit, and entry numbers dropped. Changes have been made to make qualification easier, but it still requires newbies to do at least a training day beforehand.

As Sam says, to be believed when it happens- but it’s on my ‘to do’ list!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3922299)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
If they dropped the 'only FIA cars' nonsense the grid would be full (IMO)
Old 11 Aug 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3922314)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
If they dropped the 'only FIA cars' nonsense the grid would be full (IMO)
They certainly could be more creative on eligibility, as long as tyre types are kept under control. That could be as much of an issue.......