Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3892529)   #176
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
I had to tell myself after the race to feel pleased for Honda. First podium after however many years getting it all a bit wrong, but I still feel like I was hoping for more!
I find all this floor damage stuff a bit convenient for Hamilton. Sure, it's not ideal. But I think the early strategy call to cover Vettel had a lot more to do with his failure to keep pace with Bottas.
I’m sure LH found it far from convenient, if you take my meaning! But I agree that the early pit stop to cover Vettel didn’t help his strategy. His fault for poor start and not getting into the first corner in the lead....

As the formula1.com piece says, only Merc themselves know how much the broken floor cost in lap time. We can only speculate.

It was good to see another engine supplier on the podium, and hope Honda continue to be as competitive elsewhere!
Old 21 Mar 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3892531)   #177
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
As the formula1.com piece says, only Merc themselves know how much the broken floor cost in lap time. We can only speculate.

I'm willing to speculate that it was less than the time he was losing to Bottas. I'm also willing to speculate that had Hamilton won the race regardless, he would still have mentioned it. It would just have been in terms of how brilliant he was to have damage and still beat his teammate...

In this day and age, it pays to know how to whinge properly. Whether you've really been that affected by something or not, it's bound to get in your rivals' heads!
Old 21 Mar 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3892556)   #178
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
I'm willing to speculate that it was less than the time he was losing to Bottas. I'm also willing to speculate that had Hamilton won the race regardless, he would still have mentioned it. It would just have been in terms of how brilliant he was to have damage and still beat his teammate...

In this day and age, it pays to know how to whinge properly. Whether you've really been that affected by something or not, it's bound to get in your rivals' heads!
I have absolutely zero evidence or knowledge to back me up, but I found myself thinking the same as you. The floor damage sounds like an excuse for an off-day.

But it could be a nice placebo. Tell Lewis the floor is now fixed and he's back on form. Racing drivers can be fooled too.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3892586)   #179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I wouldn’t assume anything. It looked to me like he did run over debris and that ruined the underneath of his car

No need to make excuses, everyone knows when he hasn’t done well enough. But now he has a fight on his hands against Bottas
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:17 (Ref:3892592)   #180
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wfD9-B12-E

Interesting analysis of what went wrong at Ferrari in Melbourne.

Essentially the wing is designed to generate outwash and the ability to adjust the downforce generated is difficult and limited.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:21 (Ref:3892597)   #181
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They were not fast enough. This could be a recurring probl3m. Probably aero is the problem
Old 22 Mar 2019, 00:20 (Ref:3892613)   #182
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I have absolutely zero evidence or knowledge to back me up, but I found myself thinking the same as you. The floor damage sounds like an excuse for an off-day.

But it could be a nice placebo. Tell Lewis the floor is now fixed and he's back on form. Racing drivers can be fooled too.
Lewis does strike me as the Cole trickle of f1
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3892750)   #183
S griffin
Veteran

It’s clear there was floor damage and while it didn’t prevent him winning, it was the start that cost him, it did put him under threat from Max