Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2011, 23:33 (Ref:2875612)   #1
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
website redesigns that deter visitors?

I am quite willing to accept the premise that I might be a touch reactionary in some matters,I am also willing to believe that website designers sometimes indulge in change for the sake of change-and continued employment-rather than leaving well alone.In the last few weeks a couple of websites I used to refer to regularly have undergone "design updates" that to my mind are not improvements.Consequently I no longer visit one of them and the other has changed only very recently and will no longer stand much chance of featuring in my list of must visit daily browsing.Should I be posting this in the Formula One section of this forum?Since most of my interest in motorsport relates to this activity it seems reasonable.Does anybody else find the changes to well known motorsport websites to be driving you to consider surrendering your pitpass?
Old 7 May 2011, 02:44 (Ref:2875636)   #2
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
.Does anybody else find the changes to well known motorsport websites to be driving you to consider surrendering your pitpass?
I'm out the door with you. Haven't been back to the now ESPN site since they re-packaged it, and now it looks like I am out of another one.
Old 7 May 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2875637)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
like do i really need the sound of an F1 engine when i go to the F1 site, just what my wife wants to hear when she is trying to nap
Old 7 May 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2875663)   #4
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
like do i really need the sound of an F1 engine when i go to the F1 site, just what my wife wants to hear when she is trying to nap
Any site that plays sound or video without the visitor explicitly playing it is dead in the water as far as I am concerned, fine if they ask first and the site still works if I say 'No' otherwise forget it.

Most annoying is one (non motorsport) site in particular that is otherwise very good but accepts noisy and intrusive video ads, usually it's ok but occasionally you are greeted with intrusive audio as soon as you open the home page, I still go there because it's content is important to me but I hate this practice with a passion.

btw: I develop web applications for a living, but business process stuff not public sites, maybe that has some influence on my attitude.
Old 7 May 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2875671)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Haha, I just woke my girlfriend up with that. Forgot about it and hadn't selected the option to not play it before.
Old 7 May 2011, 07:11 (Ref:2875680)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Forgot about it and hadn't selected the option to not play it before.
Every time I've told it not to play again it always does, after a while I gave up...

... and threw my computer out a window.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 7 May 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2875696)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Every time I've told it not to play again it always does, after a while I gave up...

... and threw my computer out a window.
This was my experience .... the bloody thing simply will not take NO for an answer!

The faster and cleaner a site the better. The designers should concentrate on using as little bandwidth as possible with a clear and well indexed layout.
Old 7 May 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2875750)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
btw: I develop web applications for a living, but business process stuff not public sites, maybe that has some influence on my attitude.
I work as a travel agent and I don't like it when hotels have music on their sites; it just comes across at tacky to me, no matter what the music.
Old 7 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2875880)   #9
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not F1 but the wrc.com website is and always has been shockingly bad, it deters me from going because trying to find anything is a complete hastle and the news reports are completely out of date!
Old 8 May 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2877057)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
motorsport.com had the worst redesign ever, imo