Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the team of the race for you?
Mercedes 18 26.09%
Red Bull 1 1.45%
McLaren 46 66.67%
Ferrari 0 0%
Williams 3 4.35%
Force India 0 0%
STR 1 1.45%
Sauber 0 0%
Marussia 0 0%
Lotus 0 0%
Caterham 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3380385)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race: Australian Grand Prix

Who is the team of the race in the first one of Formula 1's new era?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3380402)   #2
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Mercedes, they've done the better job this winter and are clearly ahead of the pack.

RBR (and Renault of course) turnaround is impressive, and to see Williams returning is a very good feeling. But not enough right now.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3380408)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3380410)   #4
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Mercedes are clear F1 team of this weekend, would have had a massive 1-2 but for that issue with Hamilton. They are really fast.

McLaren - A great comeback for McLaren and deserve a mention. 3rd & 4th.

Toro Rosso - Also deserve a mention. Double points finish after looking slow until the rain in Quali.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3380416)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems between Mercedes and McLaren for me. Well done to both teams, but this time on balance I'll give it to Mercedes for the sheer margin of their winning pace, despite only getting one car going properly.

An unfortunate conclusion to the weekend for Williams, who could have come away with a lot more, but at least it appears they do have some real pace right now after the testing promise.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3380421)   #6
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren. Both cars in the points and both cars with very good speed and reliability. Cannot say the same for Mercedes, so it's an obvious choice.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3380438)   #7
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3380441)   #8
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Mercedes, but very close second for McLaren.

Really any team that finished in the points in this first race with this massive rule change deserve a bow. Well done.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3380488)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mercedes, plaudits to McLaren and RBR for overcoming a tough winter!

Although the stewards appear to be .... on Dan's parade!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3380500)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
McLaren.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3380548)   #11
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Toro Rosso.
Obviously Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari have more points, and two of those also had both cars in the points, but after the awful winter the tiny Italian squad had I think a double poits finish was remarkable.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3380597)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it is a long time since i can say williams for me, more points in first race than the whole of 2013
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3380617)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob View Post
Has to be Mercedes, but very close second for McLaren.

Has to be McLaren, but a not so close second for Mercedes. The total failure of Hamilton's car makes sure of that.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3380622)   #14
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren. Only team to get both cars to the finish at the sharp end.....
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3380623)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes, that lady.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3380631)   #16
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wanted to go with Mercedes because they clearly had the top car but I can't very well vote for a team that had one car retire right at the start due to a mechanical failure. They should've had a very strong start to the season but immediately tossed that right out the window with unreliability.

Go McLaren.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3380650)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Willie. Great to see Frank's girl getting the old firm back up towards the sharp end. Of course McLaren also improved massively from 2013, but Williams will always stir the heart strings more, and they are probably doing it on budget that wouldn't buy the sandwiches at Ferrari, RBR or Mercedes.

What a shame Claire didn't look happier when the camera picked her up in the garage.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3380652)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's got to McLaren for me. It looks like having Ron back in charge is working for them. Both cars were fast and had a strong points finish. Also, their seemed to just be less hiccups from them. It just seems more organised.

I'll give honourable mentions to Torro Rosso for a decent points finish. Williams seem strong as well - I don't know if they'll be front runners though.

Red Bull - despite their recent mishaps, seem to have a strong car. Once those gremlins are fixed, they could be formidable.

The Mercedes is probably "top dog" at the moment. They just need to have both cars finish the races.

I suppose the disappointing thing is the Ferrari - it allegedly about 1/2 a second off the pace - and that's without the electrical problem they had in the race. Plus, it's supposed to be overweight as well. Looks like they are starting on the backfoot again. That's not good.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3380653)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3380766)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
McLaren. 2 cars finished, both on the podium (well sort of). They don't have the outright pace of the Mercedes, but performed to the very best of their cars ability.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3380774)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
McLaren. 2 cars finished, both on the podium (well sort of). They don't have the outright pace of the Mercedes, but performed to the very best of their cars ability.
A good start for McLaren and hopefully they will be able to improve on this year's car, unlike last year.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3380791)   #22
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be McLaren. Double podium and most WCC points.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3380996)   #23
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren for me as they had both cars highest in the points.

Williams not too far behind and would have done better but for Caterham's braking issues.

Mercedes will probably be my choice on many weekends this year, but they need to get both cards to the finish.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3381052)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've let my heart rule over sense and voted for Williams. I'm stupidly pleased that they seem to have got their mojo back.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3381065)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Mercedes...