Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Sep 2003, 00:22 (Ref:705231)   #1
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BROCK Magazeine - The editorial was controversial

It seems old BROCK is less than happy with some business dealing of late . I wonder if it's with HOLDEN , ROD NASH , some people involved with brock owners club or simply a combination of the 3 . I wonder if any one can shed some light on this subject. Sadly ,It seems BROCK surrounds himself with people with no real business sence PS- This seems to be current issues not 1987 or HRT days!

Last edited by Hobo high; 2 Sep 2003 at 00:23.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 00:56 (Ref:705254)   #2
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He wated to drive a competitive car Team Brock in this years indurance races however those who controll HRT didn't share his view. The publicity may have taken some gloss off HRT
Old 2 Sep 2003, 01:08 (Ref:705260)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or was it the state of the awful bucket of merde he was forced to drive in last year's Bathurst when there should have been enough merchandise profits laying around to run HRT for a year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Sep 2003, 01:18 (Ref:705267)   #4
Hobo high
Racer

It been said rod nash invested about that amount of money in his new merchandise truck just before he left - was it to perkins motorsport??? , i'm not sure !But the money certainly didn't make it to the race car for some reason Maybe someone else knows more
Old 2 Sep 2003, 01:46 (Ref:705290)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The only information I have is
Old 2 Sep 2003, 01:52 (Ref:705293)   #6
Hobo high
Racer

Thanks for confirming that rumour gtr!
Old 2 Sep 2003, 02:28 (Ref:705297)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dont mention it... there is a similar rumbling about a certain Brock detractor stopping a 3rd PWR car for Bathurst too.... but the detail is the same as above
Old 2 Sep 2003, 02:56 (Ref:705309)   #8
Hobo high
Racer

Seems things never change for old BROCK and HOLDEN simply sit back and let it all happen - where the sense in it all . To some lowlifes in this world , they gain much satisfaction in shafting BROCK .And BROCK being the person he is , sits back quietly and lets them get away with it . I hope when the HOLDEN shackles are removed from around his neck , that he gives it straight about the lowlifes at HOLDEN AND TWR , that got away with shafting such a great HOLDEN icon .
Old 2 Sep 2003, 03:15 (Ref:705312)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I just hope some clever bunny without an eye solely on the hip pocket picks up Mr Brock, and uses the icon for good and not evil.....
Old 2 Sep 2003, 03:28 (Ref:705314)   #10
Hobo high
Racer

Geoff polities is good at that - maybe the 888 rumour is best option for us old holden fans !
Old 2 Sep 2003, 05:21 (Ref:705338)   #11
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that would be a top way to rub the red boys up the wrong way but I don't think Mr Polites could be bothered wasting his time doing that

Brock appears stuck, he can't do anything meaningful with any Holden in the main game and he will lose a portion of his fan base if he sees the light again and goes to Ford. So Holden seem to just keep him occupied in the lessor catagories, maybe Brock is milking this for all he can now?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 06:03 (Ref:705346)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Some bright spark will see the opportunity sooner rather than later and give Mr Brock the impact he deserves.

The primary reason Betta Electrical got involved with PWR this year was the Brock connection, knowing that a zillion people will purchase merchandise with Brock and therefore Betta on it, heightening brand awareness a factor of 1000 compared to the existing deal.

Also helps that JB was leading the series for a good while too
Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:29 (Ref:706671)   #13
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read the editorial over and over again, and I thought as I read it, it wasn't that contravertial, I mean it seems like he may have just made some observations about life and kind of sounds a bit general. But then I got to this bit:
Quote:
I am not about to throw my dignity and respectability out the window just to fit someone else's vision of what ought to happen
It makes me wonder again what does it mean

Maybe it was because Nash, who was a good mate of his at the time went behind his back and used money generated by "Brock back at Bathurst" merchandise to fund the trailer for a rival team.

If it were Holden, which I doubt why would it be in Broxk magazine.

What is this Brew ha ha to do with the owners club?

Last edited by TBMATT05; 3 Sep 2003 at 10:31.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 02:44 (Ref:709758)   #14
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find "them" is a certain faction inside of HMS who don't believe that PB should heva ever got another chance. And yes, these are 15 - 20 year old wounds. You'd think these people would be bigger about it than they are but I guess wonders never cease.

Having said all that, PB is on the move and a good one it will be. The machine is already in motion for next year and it will pleasantly surpirse his loyal army of supporters. All this is done with Holden and his other sponsors who rightly think he is the best thing to be associated with.

More later..............
Old 6 Sep 2003, 02:59 (Ref:709765)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hasnt that faction been told to go forth and multiply by the new owner of one of the teams he used to control??

In the end, 3 teams in 3 tears will create more disillusionment than should be happening
Old 6 Sep 2003, 13:13 (Ref:710076)   #16
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what are u saying Chucky PB in blue colors
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:56 (Ref:710387)   #17
Hobo high
Racer

THINK really hard about a recent HOLDEN 427 CONCEPT CAR , ONE JOHN CRENAN so beered with HOLDEN and his loyal band of shafters and then add a "updated POLARISER with herbal tea diffusser under the bonnet" Only one part of this statement is false , PS I 'll make it a little easier - look for inverted commars
Old 6 Sep 2003, 22:22 (Ref:710416)   #18
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just make Brocky a channel 10 broadcaster on all V8 Supercar races and we will get it all from the horses mouth
Old 6 Sep 2003, 23:14 (Ref:710447)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I like that idea vatuloa, if they give Brock some guidelines on subjects to research and talk about, it would be a huge improvement to the telecast

I do like Hobo high's thoughts though, PB to Ford... not so excited about Crennan going there though
Old 7 Sep 2003, 06:06 (Ref:710562)   #20
Thunder1
Racer

what's that PB in ford's answer to the Monaro now that would really stir the pot.

I doubt it then again didn't think craig lowndes would move.

Thunder1
Old 7 Sep 2003, 06:18 (Ref:710566)   #21
Thunder1
Racer

vatuloa i like your idea of PB at ten makes sense

would be an great asset Brock ,Crompton & woods to kept management happy.

Thunder1
Old 7 Sep 2003, 06:51 (Ref:710578)   #22
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PB won't be going to Ford as long as his bum points to the ground.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 07:15 (Ref:710591)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ford would give him a car for Bathurst in a heartbeat.... Holden it seems will not do so....
Old 7 Sep 2003, 08:28 (Ref:710608)   #24
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucky
PB won't be going to Ford as long as his bum points to the ground.
Everyone was saying that prior to 1988....
Old 8 Sep 2003, 08:19 (Ref:711513)   #25
MHDT
Racer

MHDT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
THINK really hard about a recent HOLDEN 427 CONCEPT CAR , ONE JOHN CRENAN so beered with HOLDEN and his loyal band of shafters and then add a "updated POLARISER with herbal tea diffusser under the bonnet" Only one part of this statement is false , PS I 'll make it a little easier - look for inverted commars

I am really guessing here, but I have read Hobo High & Chucky's comments, trying to understand the possible meanings; and think that maybe JC will move sideways (to his own similar type of HSV/HRT operation, maybe others will follow?), and that PB will have a more direct involvement with the existing HRT/HSV infrastructure??? Any clues guys?

Last edited by MHDT; 8 Sep 2003 at 08:20.