Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1323872)   #1
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals required for Mallory Park 2nd October

I know it is some time off, but having seen the list of marshals for the JCC meeting at Mallory Park on 2nd October, I know that they need many more marshals.

If anybody is interested in any discipline, please send me a PM or see me sometime and I will pass your details on to the JCC.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1324243)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm already down for this one, but don't let that put you off.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1326722)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'll make this a 'sticky' again nearer the time!
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1326755)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless the situation as regards no driver change races to take place at Mallory Park this year alters because there is no car pit lane, this request may not be necessary.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1327069)   #5
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
Unless the situation as regards no driver change races to take place at Mallory Park this year alters because there is no car pit lane, this request may not be necessary.
It is possible to run shorter races with no driver changes this would only alter the format of the meeting so anyone interested please put your name forward.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1327078)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Please let me know nearer the time Sheila
Old 13 Jun 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1327081)   #7
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Please let me know nearer the time Sheila
This meeting is being run by JCC and the request for extra marshals has not come from Sheila.

Sheila has picked up on the fact that the MSA for the remainder of this season do not recognise Mallory to have a suitable pit lane to allow driver change races to take place at present as far as I am aware this meeting will still go ahead.

We will try to clarify the situation with JCC and will keep people up to date with the situation.

Please volunteer if you are available.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1327168)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry for causing any confusion - my name is already down on the list for this meeting. However, to clarify the situation regarding the pit lane, I can do no more than reproduce the MSA's official comments:

We write to clarify the situation concerning use of Mallory Park Circuit under the terms of the MSA Track Licence issued for the year 2005.

The pit lane to the right of the start / finish straight has been permanently closed off. Accordingly there is no longer a pit lane at Mallory Park other than that authorised by the ACU for motorcycle use.
This pit lane is not authorised for use in events authorised by the MSA.

Cars will depart the collection area to go onto the circuit through the established route onto the start / finish straight. They return to the paddock through the access gates at the "Oval Loop".

It is not possible for races that involve driver changes / pit stops to be hosted at Mallory Park during 2005. Cars that encounter difficulties during a race may return and retire to the paddock if they are able to reach the paddock access gate.

The intention is that over the winter of 2005 / 2006 a replacement pit lane entry road will be constructed.

Basically, the "Pit Lane" will be used as an access road (for access onto the circuit during practice). If anything comes into the paddock during practice, they will be allowed back out again provided, of course, the vehicle has been passed as safe by the Scrutineers and that re-joining is done in a safe manner. During the race, any cars entering the paddock will be deemed to have retired.

As there is no "Pit Lane" paddock regulations will apply.

Hope this is of assistance.

Sheila
Old 15 Jun 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1329765)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although I am no longer the Chief Marshal for the JCC and not now responsible for getting the marshalling numbers required, I am still down for this meeting.
Unless someone tells me differently, I am still the Chief Flag Marshal at this event!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1330162)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Unless someone tells me differently, I am still the Chief Flag Marshal at this event!

Doh!

Just remembered - I actually allocated that role to someone far more experienced and capable than me!

Ah well.......bring on the Fire Car!