Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3059355)   #1851
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RWR Jaguars surely!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3059934)   #1852
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
RWR Jaguars surely!
Jaguars rwroar.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3059942)   #1853
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
RWR Tata's !!!
Old 16 Apr 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3060041)   #1854
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha not a surprise to see the Jaguar speculation. It was the first thing that I thought of too but I'd imagine they'd need a more experienced team possibly to make their return?

And I doubt they will be active in 2013 if that part of the rumour is true. Who knows?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3060055)   #1855
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Haha not a surprise to see the Jaguar speculation. It was the first thing that I thought of too but I'd imagine they'd need a more experienced team possibly to make their return?

And I doubt they will be active in 2013 if that part of the rumour is true. Who knows?
This seems pretty logical. Walkinshaw's efforts have been solely focused on V8SC for such an extended period.

As to whether the company is (or, was) in fact Tata, I have no idea.
There's likely more than one automotive (oriented) company in India.

It's nice to dream, though.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3060070)   #1856
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see that Oreca have confirmed Sebastien Loeb will be at the Le Mans test day.

Hopefully the WRC/WEC calendars allow him to race there next season.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3060132)   #1857
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but Dyson have withdrawn from Le Mans

edit: Just seen the other thread, sorry about that...I should look before posting next time
Old 16 Apr 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3060304)   #1858
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
After a good rumour yesterday here's another an another Murphy rumour which I'm hoping isn't true.

Quote:
@Murphythebear
Rumored: Martin Biranne to end Lola cash support of 4M pounds/year. Others trying to keep afloat thru Le Mans. Layoffs may be imminent.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3060355)   #1859
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
After a good rumour yesterday here's another an another Murphy rumour which I'm hoping isn't true.
I really hope that, that rumors is going no where and is no more than a tiny dispute overblown.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3060361)   #1860
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed View Post
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but Dyson have withdrawn from Le Mans

edit: Just seen the other thread, sorry about that...I should look before posting next time
Dyson have withdrawn ?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3060362)   #1861
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Dyson have withdrawn ?
Yes they have, along with 4 of the reserves (Jetalliance and Hope Racing in LMP, Lotus and the reserve-listed Aston Martin in GT). Status and Murphy are in the race now.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3060367)   #1862
The Badger
Veteran

Delighted for Murphy and Status ..... ta be honest , I didnt think Dyson would show up .
Old 16 Apr 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3060380)   #1863
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
dyson failing to turn up has become a regular joke, why do they keep doing it
Old 16 Apr 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3060381)   #1864
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dyson have taken steps to sure up their ALMS championship campaign by bringing in Johnny Mowlem.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98922

Nice that they have got JM in, as the 'we aren't going to Le Mans as we are concentrating on the ALMS' wouldn't have washed so much if they'd gone back to Cochran.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3060427)   #1865
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Sam Smith ‏ @LolaRacer
Lola are expanding its industrial placements for graduates through to end of 2013. Click here for more info http://www.lolacars.com/content.asp?...ge=Recruitment
Old 16 Apr 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3060437)   #1866
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Yes they have, along with 4 of the reserves (Jetalliance and Hope Racing in LMP, Lotus and the reserve-listed Aston Martin in GT). Status and Murphy are in the race now.
I would assume the Hope project is dead now, would have preferred that car in garage 56 over the Deltawing...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3060438)   #1867
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I would assume the Hope project is dead now, would have preferred that car in garage 56 over the Deltawing...
With Audi and Toyota going for hybrid systems, I don't think it would have qualified for garage 56 anyway, they were a regular entry last year (albeit with hybrid power) and applied as a regular entry this year too, since they were on the reserve list for the regular LMP entry list.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3060455)   #1868
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Nah it was a waste of space last year. No need to give it another entry. Before it had turned a wheel the DeltaWing generated more publicity for sportscars and the race then the Hope entry ever could.

Hoping next year something similarly outlandish gets picked.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3060466)   #1869
The Badger
Veteran

When was the last time there was an Irish team at Le Mans , if ever ?

Now we get two of them .....
Old 17 Apr 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3060992)   #1870
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Woaah Audi confirms Marc Gene as the reserve driver for Le Mans.

He'll get a race a Spa too. Wise move there!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3060996)   #1871
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe if Bernhard won't be ready to race?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3061002)   #1872
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Yeah probably. I don't think they would sideline Bonanomi, Jarvis or Rockenfeller.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3061003)   #1873
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
Possibly yeah or they could stick him in to the place Rocky would have been in. Couple of options.

@Ronnie - Rocky is doing DTM so was always going to sit out Spa.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3061018)   #1874
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Possibly yeah or they could stick him in to the place Rocky would have been in. Couple of options.

@Ronnie - Rocky is doing DTM so was always going to sit out Spa.
Yeah, I thought he was going to be part of 4 car effort @ Spa but couldn't see his name in the entry list. Gene will team up with Bonanomi and Jarvis then.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3061133)   #1875
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
When was the last time there was an Irish team at Le Mans , if ever ?

Now we get two of them .....
Never, like buses, wait for ages then two come at the same time

(we have had a handful of drivers though, most notably, David Kennedy - part owner of Status GP, Derek Daly and of course Martin Birane)