Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3725092)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be quite honest, I don't give a tinker's cuss what he wears........
Old 9 Apr 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3725138)   #77
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Bottas is a true fan, Im sure he enjoys Hamilton Vs Vettel as much as we do
Old 10 Apr 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3725213)   #78
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bottas had a horrid start yesterday but recovered well enough. Setting quick times and no (more) mistakes on hos way to 6th.
Just a blip. He'll get over it.
Signs were before racedsy that the gap is still coming down.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3725214)   #79
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
To be quite honest, I don't give a tinker's cuss what he wears........
(You don't design abbotoirs (sp?) do you?)
Old 10 Apr 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3725272)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Bottas will have his day. It was a shame he made that mistake under SC, but other than that, he's done everything right so far
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3725339)   #81
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's was a little bit of a sub par performance yesterday.

I'm sure that Bottas wants to get his first win(which would be interesting) - and I'm sure it will come this season. It's a waiting game. He has solid drives, and maybe he'll mature with his performances this season. Certainly learning things off of Lewis and Mercedes won't be bad for him.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3725369)   #82
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it was an unfortunate spin during the SC. It's not he first time that has happened to a driver. Bad frikken luck for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3726152)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Bad frikken luck for sure.

Is that another Finnish driver Pete.....?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3726572)   #84
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What circuit do you think that Bottas will take his first win at? I think it might be Austria - as he seemed strong there back in his Williams days. It's also a circuit that Lewis does seem to struggle with.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3726657)   #85
stripedcat
Veteran

Wow. Bottas took his first pole. He could now win at Bahrain?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3726658)   #86
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was an excellent qual from Bottas, looks like he might be on top of the car now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3726700)   #87
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes another Finnish driver on pole. No surprises there. Hamilton appears shaken. If Kimi doesn't win tomorrow then Bottas will.

Old 15 Apr 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3726727)   #88
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes another Finnish driver on pole. No surprises there. Hamilton appears shaken. If Kimi doesn't win tomorrow then Bottas will.

He seemed quite at ease not shaken. Although he might have to face another interteam battle for the title after all.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 22:54 (Ref:3726745)   #89
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am a fan of every Finnish driver to get pole in F1. Especially Keke and Mika.

Quote:
Yes another Finnish driver on pole.
First since 2008. And that wasn't Kimi.
Quote:
No surprises there.
It was a little surprise.
Quote:
Hamilton appears shaken.
Not a lot.
Quote:
If Kimi doesn't win tomorrow then Bottas will.

You are genius.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3727136)   #90
stripedcat
Veteran

It's a pity that he didn't win today. He did have some issues with the rear tyres, so Hamilton finished in front of him.

It seems that his maiden win is still some way off.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3727168)   #91
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
High tire pressures in the rear cost Bottas the race. He didn't look too pleased on the podium. What upsets me the most is now since Hamilton is head to head with Vettel that Merc is considering team orders this early on.

Old 16 Apr 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3727175)   #92
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
What circuit do you think that Bottas will take his first win at? I think it might be Austria - as he seemed strong there back in his Williams days. It's also a circuit that Lewis does seem to struggle with.
Monaco
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3727202)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bottas couldn't hold on due to his tyre pressures, which is a shame so he wisely took one for the team
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3727204)   #94
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post

I'd say Canada, as a number of drivers have taken their maiden wins there (Villeneuve, Boutsen, Alesi, Hamilton, Kubica, Ricciardo), most of them when the lead car has run into problems
Old 16 Apr 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3727212)   #95
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends when he's allowed to win.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3727217)   #96
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or when he can drive quicker than the other drivers for a race!
Bottas's problem today was not that he wasn't allowed to win.

Nor will it be in the future when he pulls it off.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3727222)   #97
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Bottas was unlucky with the issue with his rear tyres before the race started. That was not his fault.

But after the first stop, he was on softer tyres than LH, yet could not catch SV, and could not get away from LH. Leading to the team asking him to let LH by.

I have no doubts that had VB caught SV, there would not have been a request to let LH by. And probably have won the race. VB just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with drivers like SV and LH. He is looking more and more like a number 2 driver.

Last edited by F1Guy; 16 Apr 2017 at 23:55.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3727247)   #98
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottas might have had tyre pressure issues in the first stint, but what's his excuse for the next two? He couldn't pull away from Hamilton on super-softs and as soon as the bosses asked him to gtf out the way, Hamilton gapped him by seconds. He also had a better tyre strategy than LH with track position and undercutting.

20sec behind Vettel at the end, and that's with the SC gifting him time he would have lost without it.

Kimi should have been 3rd but as always Ferrari forgot to pit him.

That's two bad races for Bottas. Spinning under SC now leading from pole but having no pace over LH and SV.

The team can say "F--k Nico" all they like, but Nico won this race last year with Hamilton half a minute behind.

I still think Bottas will win a race this year though.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3727330)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Or when he can drive quicker than the other drivers for a race!
Bottas's problem today was not that he wasn't allowed to win.

Nor will it be in the future when he pulls it off.
Exactly. He was pretty disappointing....
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3727338)   #100
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
early on in the season it was suggested that Bottas had 4 races to prove himself to the team. i suspect with Alonso now saying he will wait until the summer to make his decision, then Bottas has earned himself some more time.

being the loyal team mate i imagine has also helped his cause tremendously.

so with that in mind if he has earned himself an opportunity to prolong this match up into year 2 and even 3 then there will be more chances for him to beat LH.