Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Jun 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3828269)   #551
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When they drove away from scrutineering they stopped at the traffic lights in front of us. We asked if they had the LD package and the answer given was brief - 'Some'. When we asked if they could use it, there was no response....
Old 11 Jun 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3828273)   #552
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
When they drove away from scrutineering they stopped at the traffic lights in front of us. We asked if they had the LD package and the answer given was brief - 'Some'. When we asked if they could use it, there was no response....
Bizarre how late ACO is in confirming these

Same with the yet unreleased updated EoT tables. Even the teams probably don't know them yet considering press hasn't seen them either and they usually get them couple of days in advance before they show up on FIA site
Old 11 Jun 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3828285)   #553
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck to them, from looking at the photo I can see they have Kimi Raikkonen ex-race engineer as part of the engineering team.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3828353)   #554
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Confirmation of the 'sort of' low downforce configuration. These guys have a lot of catching up to do and they know it. I hope they have a reliable run through the week.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...to-rumble.html
Old 11 Jun 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3828357)   #555
Yuri G.
Rookie

Yuri G. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I think the answer could be "yes". I been looking for pictures of the test at the Bugatti circuit but couldn't find any. Had they tested there?

If they really don't surprise me at the first practice with a new front, I think this is all they have.
As the article posted by Mike E stated, they run without diveplanes also on Test Day
https://youtu.be/Hl5K-in0bQA?t=54
https://youtu.be/IL7wDcTnyCc?t=8
Old 13 Jun 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3829056)   #556
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful car, unfortunately, still with developmental backlog. Hope to see more of the Ginettas this weekend, but they may also apply for the JLOC Trophy.

I hope that the team continues to believe in their concept and that the car will progress and will have successful future.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 23:01 (Ref:3829186)   #557
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The good thing at Ginetta/Manor camp is Lowdon and Booth are used to be the last.

Applaud, my friends, the comedy is over. Or not!
Old 14 Jun 2018, 03:55 (Ref:3829201)   #558
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Good luck to them, from looking at the photo I can see they have Kimi Raikkonen ex-race engineer as part of the engineering team.
Dave Greenword...I imagine he's thinking what have I done atm
Old 14 Jun 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3829225)   #559
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was all a bit sad. We spent a lot of time 'cheering' their rare appearances on track, willing them to get some serious lappery in.... I hope they can get something together tonight.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3829228)   #560
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Dave Greenword...I imagine he's thinking what have I done atm
That's the chap but remember he was quite high up in Manor F1 and I knew him when I was younger so his routes are in Yorkshire.

I was worried yesterday by the lack of running. However they did get some good running in the second half of the second session. Hopefully they will get some good amount of running today.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3829250)   #561
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The good thing at Ginetta/Manor camp is Lowdon and Booth are used to be the last.

Applaud, my friends, the comedy is over. Or not!
Why so much negativity!? Have Ginetta offended you personally or something?
Old 14 Jun 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3829288)   #562
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Why so much negativity!?

If you have something positive to add up to the topic, please feel free. Yesterday they suffered several mechanical problems on both cars, including a forced engine change between sessions. The best car of the team is almost 11 seconds behind the fastest non-hybrid entry. I can't see any positives here.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3829289)   #563
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I can't see any positives here.
They're at Le Mans?
Old 14 Jun 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3829295)   #564
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
They're at Le Mans?
I see what you're saying, but in January the statement was that the car would be competitive with a Toyota that could do 3:14s (they specifically mentioned the 3:14 lap time) and that the aim was to win Le Mans. If we now consider it a positive that they're simply at the circuit, then that's very very disappointing.

Yeah, it's good to try and be positive and try and get behind the underdogs, but I didn't expect much and I'm still disappointed so far. Really hope they can at least tag onto the tail of the LMP1 field and make it through the night.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3829306)   #565
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the question was more why do you need to stick the boot in. As opposed to what is going well for them.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3829316)   #566
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think the question was more why do you need to stick the boot in. As opposed to what is going well for them.
This. Thanks Adam. There is criticism, then there is the tone you are taking Juntos. To counter your post there is also a saying, that is if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

All I've seen from you is negativity belittling them with each post and it's not very constructive or good to read. At least they are trying, with after the funding fiasco which wasn't Ginettas fault is the best they can do.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3829317)   #567
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Fair point.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3829412)   #568
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Looks like they are getting there slowly... Down to a 3:24 for the #6 with 13 laps this session, much more positive!
Old 14 Jun 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3829429)   #569
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Harsh criticism was definitely deserved after the delays and Spa fiasco. However they seem to now have set upon a path upwards again, there's no need to try to kick them down again at this point.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3829443)   #570
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now both cars ahead of the P2 field. They improve at every run, they need this run.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3829533)   #571
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Only about a second behind the Kolles. That looks satisfactory imo.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3829548)   #572
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Only about a second behind the Kolles. That looks satisfactory imo.

We don't need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.

“We believe our car’s on the pace,” said L.Tomlinson at https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...-hours-le-mans

“If you look at the weight difference on our car, the power upgrade, better aero than a P2 and better tires, it’s hard to see how you’re not going to be running very similar lap times to the hybrids."
said L.Tomlinson at http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/t...r-overall-win/
Old 15 Jun 2018, 01:35 (Ref:3829563)   #573
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
We don't need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.

“We believe our car’s on the pace,” said L.Tomlinson at https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...-hours-le-mans

“If you look at the weight difference on our car, the power upgrade, better aero than a P2 and better tires, it’s hard to see how you’re not going to be running very similar lap times to the hybrids."

And since those statements were made, every single other LMP1 team has been able to put a race under their belt(though not all finished it) while the Ginettas sat idle trying to work out financial problems.

They would have to have the absolute best racecar ever made to NOT be playing catch up right now.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3829583)   #574
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:

Seriously what is your problem!?
Old 15 Jun 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3829587)   #575
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I think they have done really well. We all know about the problems at Spa which didn't help and remember they lost pretty much the whole of the first session on Wednesday as well.

Let's see what happens in the race 24 hours is a long time.....