Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2017, 04:54 (Ref:3762218)   #51
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The Red Baron, lol.

As a comparison Schumacher had:
306 starts, but had 308 GP entries as he was disqualified from the German and Belgian GPs in 1994.
91 wins
155 podiums
68 pole positions
77 fastest laps

Hamilton has:
200 starts
58 wins
111 podiums
68 pole positions
37 fastest laps
Thanks bj.

It would be interesting to know how many starts Mr Schumacher had when he reached his 68 pole positions. Clearly less poles in the "twilight" years but additions to the tally of starts.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3762220)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Thanks bj.

It would be interesting to know how many starts Mr Schumacher had when he reached his 68 pole positions. Clearly less poles in the "twilight" years but additions to the tally of starts.
His 68th pole came in his 241st start (I think).
Old 28 Aug 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3762222)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It was at Magny-Cours in 2006.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3762224)   #54
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Quote:
It was at Magny-Cours in 2006.
Thanks both.

Roughly a couple of seasons difference between MS & LH on how many races to clock up the pole number - in both cases, impressive statistic and also indicative of spending similar time in dominant or competitive teams.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3762261)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think he has such a monopoly of records it's nice that one has been matched here and soon to be broken
Old 28 Aug 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3762341)   #56
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The Red Baron, lol.

As a comparison Schumacher had:
306 starts, but had 308 GP entries as he was disqualified from the German and Belgian GPs in 1994.
91 wins
155 podiums
68 pole positions
77 fastest laps

Hamilton has:
200 starts
58 wins
111 podiums
68 pole positions
37 fastest laps
Thanks BJ
Looking at those stats Hamilton could pass most of Schumacher's records in the next 5 or so seasons. A win rate of 8 per season could see him there sooner. The other factor is that we are looking at 20+GP's per season in the next few years.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3762369)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
speaking about blame and lack of penalties...i am surprised that Perez didnt get one for dragging his car back around to the pits.

actually a bit more surprised that rim held up so well and came off relatively easily in the pits but he should have pulled over much sooner then that imo.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3762370)   #58
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
speaking about blame and lack of penalties...i am surprised that Perez didnt get one for dragging his car back around to the pits.
Why would he be penalized for bringing the car back to the pits for possible repair?
Is that a regulation? I admittedly haven't read them in years.

jimclark
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3762372)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for sure you can bring your car back around for repairs but for me Perez got a little too close to one of the Williams(i think?) as they were trying to get around his damaged car. you cant hold the racing line if you are damaged imo (that said i also dont know what the rules say on that now either).

in hindsight everything was fine, but in the moment i felt he was taking too much of a risk.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3762373)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Why would he be penalized for bringing the car back to the pits for possible repair?
Is that a regulation? I admittedly haven't read them in years.
Bits and pieces falling off perhaps? The tyre carcass could have ended up anywhere..... and yes, he seemed to hold up one of the Williams on the racing line.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3762377)   #61
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I'll give you the holding others up (I didn't catch the incident). I was just wondering if there's a reg now not permitting return.

"speaking about blame and lack of penalties...i am surprised that Perez didnt get one for dragging his car back around to the pits."

jimclark
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3762381)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, no reg that I'm aware of, other than I guess a general posing of risk to others. Plenty have done it before him, to be honest.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3762397)   #63
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I know they have. That's why I asked. I thought maybe I missed a new reg. (they just keep, coming and coming...in life in general ) Again, admittedly, I just don't keep up like I had...ooohhhh...about the previous 50ish years, up 'til about when DRS came into effect; 2010ish? Many things have bugged me about changes in F1, but that one was the proverbial camel's back breaking straw....

jimclark
Old 28 Aug 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3762418)   #64
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Aaahhh. A replay begins as I type. I shall remain ever so focused this time.

jimclark
Old 28 Aug 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3762488)   #65
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
In this interview at 2:30, to me Perez basically admits trying to put Ocon into the wall by trying to justify with, he did it to me before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwc0sXqCEBI

The whole video is well worth a watch including Webber and Coulthard's responses that he would have known.

Massive stewarding screw up imo!
Old 28 Aug 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3762490)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Aaahhh. A replay begins as I type. I shall remain ever so focused this time.
Just don't skip that key.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3762547)   #67
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, no doubt Perez was a **** for moving over, but equally Ocon could expect that by now and could have lifted a fraction. Two cars into a corner, two cars out seems a pretty good rule to live by and everyone needs to give racing room. The best comment at the end was "he knows the car alongside him can't just disappear."

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Aug 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3762617)   #68
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, I think Ocon tried to back out when he realised Perez was squeezing him, but it happened quite suddenly.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3762636)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
JV seems to think Ocon kept his nose in as a message to Perez that he wasn't go to be intimidated
Old 29 Aug 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3762692)   #70
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
JV seems to think Ocon kept his nose in as a message to Perez that he wasn't go to be intimidated
Well, if he did (keep his nose in), that surely doesn't match with "he tried to kill me twice".
If I was convinced someone tried to kill me, I certainly wouldn't offer that guy another attempt "just to prive a point", unless I had a death wish.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3762705)   #71
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Any which way one looks at it, running an opponent to a wall is bs.

jimclark
Old 30 Aug 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3763043)   #72
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think we should blame Ocon for showing a little leg, this is all on Perez for not being able to contain himself from being the usual douchebag that he is.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3763071)   #73
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Well, if he did (keep his nose in), that surely doesn't match with "he tried to kill me twice".
If I was convinced someone tried to kill me, I certainly wouldn't offer that guy another attempt "just to prive a point", unless I had a death wish.
If a racer backs out out of fear, will he ever be able to take the chances necessary to win?
Old 31 Aug 2017, 01:01 (Ref:3763075)   #74
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
If a racer backs out out of fear, will he ever be able to take the chances necessary to win?
Fear?...or intelligent self-preservation in the face of an a**hole move?
Very often discretion is the better part of valor....That sitiation could have ended very badly.

jimclark
Old 31 Aug 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3763107)   #75
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Yes. It's not fear to live to fight another day.

These people are supposed to be professionals, paid a huge amount of money to help their teams get as far up the WC rankings as they can. They won't do it if they keep trashing their cars on each other.

This silly bickering should be left in the lower formulae. Perez and Ocon are paid to do a job most people would pay a King's Ransom to do. It's not big, it's not clever, it just shows an immaturity that other teams will be noticing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk