Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > MarshalsGuide.com

Old 26 May 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3079410)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Policies

While not needing to go to Wikipedia levels, I wonder if we need a few basic policies. E.G. what do we say about quoting names of people without their consent? Ditto email/phone details.

Regards

Jim
Old 26 May 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3079448)   #2
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Circuit history

It is easy to fall into the trap of describing where we are today by reference to things which have long disappeared. Makes sense if the viewer knew the old situation but does not help the seeker after the present position.

While I guess we may not be aiming to be a historical resource; might it be helpful to add a == History == section?

Jim
Old 26 May 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3079594)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Privacy: If someone is a quoted contact in some other context / website, e.g. BMMC, BARC, etc. site, or on the website of the circuit / club in question then I don't see an issue with it.

History: I've no problems with a == History == section to take care of old details, old lore, etc. Is it worth adding == History == as a template section for new circuits?
Old 28 May 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3080569)   #4
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Privacy: If someone is a quoted contact in some other context / website, e.g. BMMC, BARC, etc. site, or on the website of the circuit / club in question then I don't see an issue with it.

History: I've no problems with a == History == section to take care of old details, old lore, etc. Is it worth adding == History == as a template section for new circuits?
Both points seem sensible to me.

I'll go and check my updates to make sure they comply with the first.