Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think it is?
Mercedes 1 3.70%
Ferrari 1 3.70%
Red Bull 4 14.81%
Force India 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Williams 6 22.22%
Renault 0 0%
Haas 0 0%
Sauber 1 3.70%
McLaren 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jun 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3746656)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think it is?
Old 25 Jun 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3746696)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Red Bull. Turned a stray dog into a thoroughbred
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Jun 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3746701)   #3
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren for being the only team to bring home 2 cars without major issue
Old 25 Jun 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3746707)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren, finally got their first points and brought both cars home.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3746709)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
McLaren, finally got their first points and brought both cars home.
Yep, seems reasonable to me.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3746714)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Red Bull. Turned a stray dog into a thoroughbred
they threw away points again, Max could have won this(he was faster all weekend) so it would have been a 1-2.

just like the Canada result could have been 2-4 instead of just a 3rd place
Old 25 Jun 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3746734)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well everyone else had problems but Mclaren finally get my vote
Old 25 Jun 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3746787)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't think any team really stands out, but I will applaud McLaren for finally getting two cars to the finish (and one in the points, at last)
Old 25 Jun 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3746827)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes: finger trouble cost them dear.
Ferrari: Not really on the pace, and got Raikkonen a penalty for some red flag rule infringement.
Red Bull: One car broke.
Force India: Driver fratricide masked what may have been a worthy result.
Toro Rosso: Hardly noticed them as usual, but I did see a broken down one that caused the safety car to come out.
Williams: Cranked it up a notch so could have been contenders, but one car broke.
Renault: One car barely started, so no chance.
Haas: Another team that manages to hide from my radar.
Sauber: Yawn!
McLaren: Sigh!
So I award my Team of the Race to Nobody.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3746963)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm inclined to vote for nobody as well.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3746997)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Max could have won this
Maybe.

Also, Perez could have won this (Max never even got past him).
Hamilton could have won (without the headrest problem).
Vettel could have won (if he wouldn't have sideswiped Lewis).
Bottas could have won (if the race lasted a few more laps)
Alonso could have won (if he had a decent engine)

But they all didn't and Ricciardo did.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3747101)   #12
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Maybe.

Also Massa could have won this (behind only penalty-pending Vettel and headrest-coming-loose Hamilton at the time his car failed him)
Old 27 Jun 2017, 00:24 (Ref:3747145)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hard to pick anyone but McLaren for me - getting 2 Honda powered cars home and getting some Honda powered points is no mean feat!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3747181)   #14
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to go with McLaren.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3747230)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Given how hard everyone tried to not be team of the race I'm giving the nod to McLaren (just the McLaren part of the team - not the Honda bit). That chassis must be pretty good to grab a point around that track - given how much power they're giving away and the length of that main straight.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3747243)   #16
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Maybe.

Palmer could've won. if he didn't, and everyone else did, retire.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3747269)   #17
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think William's reaction to third and their genuine joy was all I could find something which stood out.

It wasn't many years ago where if Mclaren only scored 1 or 2 points, they'd consider it a failure. Hard to give a team the gong if they simply score a point.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3747597)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
I think William's reaction to third and their genuine joy was all I could find something which stood out.
Whilst it was nice to see think how much better their result would have been if Felipes car hadn't fallen apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
It wasn't many years ago where if Mclaren only scored 1 or 2 points, they'd consider it a failure. Hard to give a team the gong if they simply score a point.
Whilst I agree - it's also hard to not be impressed with the fact that Alonso dragged that orange turd into the points on a circuit that definitely didn't suit them. (although like Stroll he was helped by everyone else screwing up their own races)
Old 28 Jun 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3747609)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9 out of ten teams scored points so about the only thing i can say is that its definitely not Renault.

but seriously it s hard to pick just one team so i guess i will go with Ferrari (which may of course seem weird).

the work the Ferrari mechanics did to change the floor and end plate on Kimi's car was obviously overshadowed by the SV incident but it was a tremendous bit of work by the team to get that car out again even though it still ultimately led to a retirement.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3747777)   #20
Mies7337
Racer

Netherlands
Hoek van Holland
Mies7337 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams, first podium of the season. And fast enough to follow the Red Bull of Ricciardo and match the speed of the Force India in part one of the race. Well done. Well done to Red Bull and McLaren as well. Renault was the loser of this race with finally some chance of points for Palmer and Hulkenberg being the only driver to crash the car with immediate retirement.