Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1180918)   #1
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics using the Integra Type R over Civic

okay over at motorstv aparently they (Team Dynamics) wont be running the civics next year instead the Integras as they have a lower centre of gravity, wider and carry less unsprung weight , (just what ive read) maybe this will be the change over from the Vauxhalls, will we see Team Dynamics winning more races next year ...... 2005 is looking to be a great season for BTCC ... anyway here is the link, :- http://www.motorstv.com/site/home.ph...esec=rubrique2
Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1180922)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I hope they do use the Integra - the Civic is one of the ugliest cars ever in the BTCC, it just looks sooooo wrong. The Integra not only looks better but should offer a better platform for producing a competitive car.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1180923)   #3
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
supposed to be more aerodynamic also, so like the civic that when they pulled out of a tow they would go backwards, they might get past now!!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1180925)   #4
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes terminal velocity of the civic was about 135 mph and as the article says when they came out of the slipstream they went backwards.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1180987)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Civic was pretty ugly, although I'm sure Honda originally suggested that the Integra wasn't suited. B&Q had little success with the car in 2001, and put the blame on that rather than his generally dismal preparation and employees, although who knows what the truth is?

Neal, Eaves and Howell are all in the frame for drives depending on funding, althoguh there's no clue has to how many cars are funded, how close they are to completing the package, whether Honda will be involved on a factory level, or waht Arena are doing.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 17:05 (Ref:1181218)   #6
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It never looked steady on the bumps, the Civic. Not the design flaw that you want in the BTCC!!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 04:13 (Ref:1181579)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't it make more sense for TD to race an Accord? They could get more support from JAS/Prodrive? Afterwards, TD can hope to sell the car to other S2000 teams??
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1181660)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe are building the Integra to BTC rules, not S2000.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1181665)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have Dynamics ever built their own cars before? I can only remember them running off-the-shelf cars designed, developed and constructed by other people...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Dec 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1181768)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they may have built the Mondeo 4 door saloon they ran, and possibly one of the 3 series BMW's ?
Old 17 Dec 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1181847)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
As I recall the 3 series was a 4-door shell built using bits taken from the previous year's 2-door coupe.

The 1996 Mondeo was definately designed/built by Dynamics.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1181865)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would've thought that S2000 is the way to go where possible, judging by how the SEATs did this year, and the likely progression of Touring Car racing worldwide. It'd be bcie to see another differnet type of car on the track, and awesome to see Gareth Howell get a chance - I really hope the team can get the funding there.