Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Oct 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3854866)   #651
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Some people on here really need to go back and really listen hard to what Colin turkington said last weekend because he didn't say he wasn't sure if he was carrying on at all he actually said something about Tim Harvey
Old 6 Oct 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3854872)   #652
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Some people on here really need to go back and really listen hard to what Colin turkington said last weekend because he didn't say he wasn't sure if he was carrying on at all he actually said something about Tim Harvey
What did he say?
Old 6 Oct 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3854886)   #653
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
That's a different company. If you check the filling history, they changed their name from DSH Motorsport to BTC Racing less than a week ago.
It's all a bit of a minefield at the moment trying to draw it all together.

A motorsport organisation, calling itself 'BTC Racing' began running a Facebook page in 2001. That page posts a lot of material that relates to Chris Stockton.

A motorsport organisation, calling itself 'Team BTC Racing' began running a Twitter account in 2012. That page posts a lot of material relating to Chris Smiley.

Both accounts list btcracing.co.uk as their web page.

btcracing.co.uk was registered on 28 Nov 17, and updated on 1 Oct 18.
This was done through a totally different agency to any that handle Norlin's websites. It is the same agency that handles all web hosting for Stephen Dudman's other web presences.

Last edited by crmalcolm; 6 Oct 2018 at 13:42.
Old 6 Oct 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3854958)   #654
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Thought it was strange that Turkington was on WTCR All Access, then at 4:58 Shedden drops a clanger.

"Would you like Colin to be in WTCR?"

"Well, he's coming next year, so the rumours say."

https://youtu.be/lGGz1osiN10?t=298
Old 6 Oct 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3854973)   #655
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ wasn't that a joke ?

he does have chance to get a 4th BTCC title unless he gets PAID to drive in WTCR
Old 6 Oct 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3854991)   #656
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Colin also said he was happy in the BTCC. He could do a duel program, but I’m not so sure he would
Old 6 Oct 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3854998)   #657
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Though a duel program wouldnt fit in with his desire to spend more time with his family.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3855280)   #658
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I think we could have a really high number of changes this off season... drivers, teams and cars.

Anyone starting a list of who's where for next year really does need the services of a clairvoyant!
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3855283)   #659
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s just look for each clue as it comes
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3855292)   #660
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Anyone starting a list of who's where for next year really does need the services of a clairvoyant!

THE LIST so far

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Buschell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - ??????

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Mat Simpson ?

Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????
Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????

BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????

Toyota Avensis - Speedworks - Tom Ingram ????

Alfa Rome Giulietta - HMS - Rob Austin ????

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan ????
Old 8 Oct 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3855372)   #661
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
THE LIST so far

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Buschell
Not sure Tony's ego will let him drop to 3 cars..

I'd say Smiley is a cert at Norlin
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:43 (Ref:3855430)   #662
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great to see Lloyd full time at Norlin, hopefully he'll be able to put everything together and be in the team for all rounds. He deserves a decent BTCC seat.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3855437)   #663
S griffin
Veteran

It’s about time Lloyd got a full season in the BTCC, he certainly deserves it
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3855469)   #664
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting interview with Tony Gilham if anyone's interested

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=707362399623673&id=1750613048589453&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FPVBAuPI4g2&_rdr

Quite funny how some people on this forum have been bashing Team Hard and Tony, saying that they're struggling and will drop to 2 cars - couldn't be further from the truth. He would happily run more than 4 cars.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3855482)   #665
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Oh dear, so Mr G is oblivious to the reality that I perceive. I percieve 4 cars that are not very well prepped and therefore are largely making up the numbers.

It may be that this is a profitable rent a drive operation, but I would suggest a rent a drive operation could be more profitable it it provided its paying customers with a more competitive product. My logic being it could charge more. Yes, costs would be higher per car but I would be amazed if there isn't a better balance that could be achieved.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3855505)   #666
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure Mr Moffat isn't going anywhere, either.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3855507)   #667
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Oh dear, so Mr G is oblivious to the reality that I perceive. I percieve 4 cars that are not very well prepped and therefore are largely making up the numbers.

It may be that this is a profitable rent a drive operation, but I would suggest a rent a drive operation could be more profitable it it provided its paying customers with a more competitive product. My logic being it could charge more. Yes, costs would be higher per car but I would be amazed if there isn't a better balance that could be achieved.
You really do have it in for Team Hard and Tony don't you. Do you take into account the bad luck they've had this year or the fact they have finished the season with 2 of their cars being driven by rookies in the championship?
Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3855513)   #668
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
You really do have it in for Team Hard and Tony don't you. Do you take into account the bad luck they've had this year or the fact they have finished the season with 2 of their cars being driven by rookies in the championship?
Alfasti is right, it's not bad luck its bad preperation and corner cutting, trying to run the show on the cheap. Tony has grand ideas but not the finance to carry it off.

The fact the all four cars aren't the same engineering wise doesn't help.

If 2 experienced drivers claim the car is 'so unpredicatable' it's no wonder the other drivers have struggled. Only once Bushell was allowed to engineer his own car didvtge team move forward.

Don't let Tony's good stories lead you to believe all is rosey. The team nearly didn't make the seasons end, the rent-a-drivers and re-branding saved them, so now.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3855514)   #669
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anyone 'has it in' for Team Hard.

But there is a reason that the outstanding teams (WSR, Dynamics) don't run four cars.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3855516)   #670
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
Quite funny how some people on this forum have been bashing Team Hard and Tony, saying that they're struggling and will drop to 2 cars - couldn't be further from the truth. He would happily run more than 4 cars.
You understand how PR works, right? Of course he is going to say that every is rosy.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3855528)   #671
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
My worry - why it should worry me I don't know - is that he's going to stretch things too thin again and then we'll have a smaller field and people losing their jobs. Again. Warren Scott effectively bailed him out last time, but there are not that many people with pots of cash and a desire to exchange said pot of cash for race cars and a few copper coins.

The new lads bought in for end of season clearly struggled. That's not a criticism of them, a chance to drive in BTCC is an opportunity many folks would take on any terms. The incorrect parts on Carls car at Knockhill is a prime example if the story put about is accurate. If the resources (people and cash) were focused on a smaller number of vehicles then performance logically would improve. Those VWs, properly engineered and prepped have been race winners. Heck, ATS in the zero budget BKR outfit won in one of 'em. No reason they can't be winners again... Bushell has the talent, driving wise and engineering wise. He just needs the right level of backup from the team.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3855602)   #672
S griffin
Veteran

The problem is with TG is that does tend to bite off more than he can chew. He's done alright with his team in the BTCC, but maybe needs not to go above his station so much
Old 9 Oct 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3855620)   #673
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
^ wasn't that a joke ?
Watch the whole video, it's all said with a knowing smile.

I think he's gone.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3855632)   #674
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the interesting bits from that for me are:
TG confirming they will run 4 CCs again
TG suggesting there are already only 10 seats left
Hard have 5 Toyotas - they only ran 3, so assume they have the Rob Austin/Handy car?
50 drivers on his books?? seriously?? Also usual claims of next year entering just about everything from Ginetta jnrs, Porsches, Clios, Stewart Lines old Touring Car cup..... we will see

Last edited by btccbloke; 9 Oct 2018 at 10:01.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3855635)   #675
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any chance they might freshen up the support package any time soon? I feel the current package is getting a little stale.