Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4168265)   #76
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Interesting perspective....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ardo/10495367/

Imagine the pressure DR will be under. I guess he may get one or two races from Red Bull to get his feet under him. But even then, absolutely poor performances in those would not be good for his situation not to mention his own confidence.

Richard

Now he's been signed to AT, I don't see him getting one or two races from RBR. They might do so in the future but I doubt it after what happened in Baku.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4168283)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DR nor anyone bar Sergio will get to drive the RB this year..... now Max has the title sewn up, and the WCC is equally certain, Red Bull badly want a 1-2 in the WDC for the first time ever. DR jumping in for even one race detracts from Sergio's opportunity to score points and at the same time maximises the chance for Fernando or another to haul in Sergio's points lead and take away the 1-2 objective RB have openly said is their target for this year.

Of course should Sergio be incapacitated in any way and physically be unable to drive that is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Last edited by E.B; 13 Jul 2023 at 17:34. Reason: Added incapacitated proviso
Old 13 Jul 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4168285)   #78
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Now he's been signed to AT, I don't see him getting one or two races from RBR. They might do so in the future but I doubt it after what happened in Baku.
Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my comment. It's not that he gets 1-2 races with RBR (primarily F1 team), but rather the larger Red Bull motorsports apparatus will give him 1-2 races "at AT" before they expect him to outperform Yuki/live up to the DR fan hype train. As to "signed at AT", I think I get what you are saying (he has a seat at AT), but for clarity, my understanding is that he is still with RBR, but "on loan" to AT. I think what that really means is contractually nothing has changed for DR.

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4168286)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Sorry, I probably wasn't clear in my comment. It's not that he gets 1-2 races with RBR (primarily F1 team), but rather the larger Red Bull motorsports apparatus will give him 1-2 races "at AT" before they expect him to outperform Yuki/live up to the DR fan hype train. As to "signed at AT", I think I get what you are saying (he has a seat at AT), but for clarity, my understanding is that he is still with RBR, but "on loan" to AT. I think what that really means is contractually nothing has changed for DR.

Richard

You are quite correct. I got that wrong, he is on loan from RBR as stated by AT on their website and not signed.

https://scuderia.alphatauri.com/en/s...iel-ricciardo/
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:19 (Ref:4168309)   #80
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Daniel is the 3rd driver, Lawson is the reserve driver.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4168498)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q3 for Hungary?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Jul 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4168518)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Q3 for Hungary?
Highly unlikely, IMO.
Old 15 Jul 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4168526)   #83
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Q3 for Hungary?
Replaced by Zandvoort?….
Old 16 Jul 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4168593)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Replaced by Zandvoort?….
More likely......
Old 16 Jul 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4168597)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Replaced by Zandvoort?….
Mr Perez?

Probably..
Old 16 Jul 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4168600)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very unlikely.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4168606)   #87
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I look forward to Danny leaving RB/AT again, scamming Renault/Alpine out of $40m AUD before dumping them again. By far the most impressive thing he's done in his career.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4168608)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I look forward to Danny leaving RB/AT again, scamming Renault/Alpine out of $40m AUD before dumping them again. By far the most impressive thing he's done in his career.
Besides 8 Grand Prix victories?
Old 16 Jul 2023, 13:23 (Ref:4168613)   #89
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Besides 8 Grand Prix victories?
Agreed, People have short memories GTR.

Danny Ric has more wins than people would wish for.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4168615)   #90
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Agreed. People do seem to have short memories. We appear to be missing the rest of his F1 career from memory too.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4168617)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

One of those wins was Monaco in 2018.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4168619)   #92
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Agreed. People do seem to have short memories. We appear to be missing the rest of his F1 career from memory too.
Narrow Minded
Old 16 Jul 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4168620)   #93
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Flags seem to be the deciding factor in the perception of Danny.
Old 16 Jul 2023, 22:34 (Ref:4168698)   #94
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
As does miserable cynicism it seems
Old 16 Jul 2023, 22:38 (Ref:4168700)   #95
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
scamming Renault/Alpine out of $40m AUD before dumping them again.
Daniel is not welcome back at the French national team. Rossi was supposedly most annoyed at Ricciardo announcing his move before racing even started in 2020. [For that matter, I'm not sure Piastri is welcome back there either...]

Thankfully Daniel departed both Toro Rosso and Red Bull Racing on much more amicable terms.
Old 17 Jul 2023, 04:49 (Ref:4168713)   #96
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Daniel is not welcome back at the French national team. Rossi was supposedly most annoyed at Ricciardo announcing his move before racing even started in 2020. [For that matter, I'm not sure Piastri is welcome back there either...]
cant blame DR or OP for the fact that the intern was evidently looking after driver contracts....
Old 17 Jul 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4168739)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Perhaps this is all a devious plot hatched hatched by Dr Marko to destroy Mr Ricciardo by pumping up his tyres, and letting him run wild & free in the equivalent of an F1 effluent box, to have the pleasure of sacking him..

The team seemed pleased to have Mr Ricciardo back in the house at Faenza at his seat fitting..
Old 17 Jul 2023, 12:30 (Ref:4168755)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I hope he does well. Sadly I fear that his understandable desire to be back in the cockpit has clouded good sense.
Old 17 Jul 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4168759)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m not getting my expectations up. It’s nice to have him back, but there is a chance he could be out of form, at least to begin with
Old 17 Jul 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4168778)   #100
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I hope he does well. Sadly I fear that his understandable desire to be back in the cockpit has clouded good sense.
Given the meet grinder that is the AT to RBR career path, it is a risk.

While we have detractors who thinks he will crash and burn and others who think the opposite, I am curious for the "pro DR" fans, what they are expecting him to do at AT and how quickly a positive result will appear? Is he going to beat Yuki in Hungary? If not, then when?

Richard