Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Sep 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2957898)   #1
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory 18th September

Had an enjoyable, if busy day yesterday. Working rescue, fire car and paddock gate should pay triple time I think

Dealt with all the Caterhams managed to throw at us, which was a lot!

I'm still surprised that Caterhams don't run a bag fuel cell, rather than a metal one, considering where the tank is located in the car.

My daughter enjoyed her day in Assembly too.

Oh, and breakfast was up to scractch
Old 19 Sep 2011, 21:42 (Ref:2958254)   #2
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I though it was an excellent meeting, but what do I know it was only my second time out this century .

Marshals seemed a bit thin on the ground but with a bit of mucking in seemed to cope really well even after the cloudburst made things a bit "interesting". My thanks to Rob and Alan for an entertaining and educational time at the Esses.

The lunchtime tribute to Don Truman was a nice touch too.

Steve
Old 20 Sep 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2958537)   #3
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa's apart, some full grids and great close racing. Was interesting following the two drivers in the Nippon race 'you hit me, I'm going to hit you back' saga!!

Shame about the lack of entries in the FFord race forcing its cancellation.

On the whole a great meeting - despite the rain and a lot more enjoyment than I would have had at the BTCC.......(two things that send shivers down my spine BTCC and Rockingham)

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 20 Sep 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2958570)   #4
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also had a great meeting on the Startline. Like everywhere else we were short staffed.

I could have done without the soaking during the Nippon race when it was Red Flagged. Got caught out without the waterproofs when the heavens opened - could do nothing about it - oh that smell of sweet wet Proban!

We helped out in assembly when we could. I thoroughly enjoyed that, having not done it before, but it was made even better by knowing and havign a god laugh with a lot of drivers in the Red Dragon races (Nippon and MR2). In fact all the drivers in all the series's were really good and we built up quite a rapport with some of them.

Fortunately during the racing part of the day the two ladies running assembly did a stirling job, which also makes startline so much easier. Both Lyndsey and Megan (again) were absolute stars. The radio calls letting us know who was missing were excellent.

All in all a great day spent with good friends, both marshals and on the track.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2958603)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
A nice quiet day for me at Post 1!

Apart from a bit of oil dressing I had nothing to do, although I did act as flaggy's labourer on a few occasions. Chequered, yellow & white. . . not many posts can ever claim to have used that combination!
Old 21 Sep 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2959185)   #6
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Chequered, yellow & white. . . not many posts can ever claim to have used that combination!
I (we) used a red, yellow, white and red/yellow at the top of the mountain at Cadwell once!
A Focus lost its oil cooler, two cars came together on the slick, race control called for the red and the rescue unit scrambled from assembly....

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”