Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Sep 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2961730)   #1
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For Oulton Marshals considering F1 2012

Hi guys & gals.

Is there any mileage in using this thread to swap information concerning the Permits/Status (Nat B, Nat A, Intl) on the Oulton Park races we've done this year?

As you know, this is required for the 2012 F1 form.

The full list of races can be found on the original 2011 volunteering form for Oulton (http://www.brsccnw.com/2011%20vol%20form%20brsccnw.pdf).

If you know (for certain) the status of any of these races can you pop them on this thread? Might make life easier for us all.

I will collate them as we go along to make them easier to find.

Regards
Phil
Old 27 Sep 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2961731)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BTCC is International (source: http://www.btcc.net/pdf/regulations_2011.pdf)

Last edited by numbersix; 27 Sep 2011 at 16:57.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2961733)   #3
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Gold Cup was "Clubmans":

Source: http://motorracinglegends.com/myfile...Cup%202011.pdf

Last edited by numbersix; 27 Sep 2011 at 16:56.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2961737)   #4
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Permit definitions from Blue Book

(a) Clubmans – Events confined to members of the organising club and not more than fifteen invited clubs. Clubman events may not form part of any Championship other than a Championship restricted to the organising club. Additional regulations applying to certain Clubmans events are detailed in 4.5 below.

(b) National ‘B’ – Events confined to registered members of the organising club, of other invited clubs, Associations or Groups or (in certain special circumstances) persons having some other particular qualification which shall be agreed in advance by the MSA.
Organising clubs may invite:
45 Clubs provided that the names of those clubs are published in the SRs
or any number of Registered Championships and 4 Regional Associations and/or Recognised Groups.

(c) National ‘A’. Events open to any holder of a valid competition licence issued by the MSA and any holder of a valid competition licence acceptable to the MSA.

(d) International (A.2.3). Events open to any holder of a valid International competition licence issued by the MSA, or any foreign competitor holding a valid FIA International competition licence.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2961740)   #5
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
F3/GT International

Source: http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/870...ssue%20one.pdf
Old 27 Sep 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2961743)   #6
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
12 March
Nat B
Source: http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/849...20mar%20op.pdf

7 May MGCC
Nat B + Clubmans
Source: http://www.thoroughbredsportscars.ne...5-11-Entry.pdf

14 May
Nat B
source: http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/173...ssue%20one.pdf

25 June CSCC
Nat B + Clubmans
Source: http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/CSC...try%20Form.pdf

2nd July "Blast in the Park"
Nat B
Source: http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/270...ssue%20two.pdf

Sept 3 BRSCC
Nat B + Clubmans
Source:http://www.brscc.co.uk/2011/FinalIns...I_OP_3Sept.pdf

Sept 10/11 ANGLESEY
Nat A + B
Source: http://www.msvracing.com/media/38733...ssue%20one.pdf

Oct 1 CSCC
Clubmans + Nat B
Source: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.u...2011%20SRs.pdf

Last edited by numbersix; 27 Sep 2011 at 17:42.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2961762)   #7
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
April 2 BRSCC
Formula Fords Nat B
Source: http://www.brscc.co.uk/2011/entryforms/SR_FF.pdf

20 August BARCNW
Nat B
Source: http://www.bmwrdc.com/_files/2011%20Regulations.pdf

10 Sept 750 club
Nat B + Clubmans
Source: http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/upload...9%20Oulton.pdf

24 Sept BARCNW
Nat B
Source: http://www.mgoc-championship.co.uk/d...011%20regs.pdf

Last edited by numbersix; 27 Sep 2011 at 18:18.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2961776)   #8
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
30 July BRSCC
Nat B + Clubmans
Source: http://www.brscc.co.uk/2011/FinalIns...I_OP_30Jul.pdf

13 August BRSCC
Nat B + Clubmans
Source: http://www.brscc.co.uk/2011/FinalIns...I_OP_13Aug.pdf
Old 27 Sep 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2961825)   #9
uncle tom
Racer

Wales
Holywell
uncle tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
26th March BARC NW Oulton National B

16th April Time Attack Oulton Clubmans

22nd & 23rd April BRSCC NW Anglesey Clubmans & National B

14th May MSVR Oulton National A & b

28th May BARC HQ Oulton National B

4th & 5th June BARC HQ TOCA Int, National A & B

18th June BRSCC NW Oulton Clubmans

25th June CSCC Oulton Clubmans & National B

25th & 26th June BRSCC Anglesey Clubmans & National B

2nd & 3rd July BARC NW Anglesey Clubman & National B

6th August AMOC Oulton National B

6th August CSCC Anglesey Clubmans & National B

24th & 25th September Anglesey Clubmans
Old 28 Sep 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2962026)   #10
Kathy Standing
Rookie

Kathy Standing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for this info
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2962090)   #11
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
BTCC is International (source: http://www.btcc.net/pdf/regulations_2011.pdf)
thanks for the link but where abouts does it mention the permit, i seen the part it said the drivers need an international license, i hope its not ive done loads of fia events but put btcc as national b's! i may be more eligible than i first thought! under 1.1 it mentions "
MSA Championship Grade: A" which i thought it might have been, too much for being graded the same as a clubmans event
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2962093)   #12
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
thanks for the link but where abouts does it mention the permit, i seen the part it said the drivers need an international license, i hope its not ive done loads of fia events but put btcc as national b's! i may be more eligible than i first thought! under 1.1 it mentions "
MSA Championship Grade: A" which i thought it might have been, too much for being graded the same as a clubmans event

MSA Championship Permit No: CHR2011/R001
Race Status: International.

This is the top of page one. (Title and Jurisdiction 1.1)

My view is where I have marshalled an event that has several status categories, (as it does when different championships are running the same day) I quote the highest.

Last edited by numbersix; 28 Sep 2011 at 09:50.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2962194)   #13
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My view is where I have marshalled an event that has several status categories, (as it does when different championships are running the same day) I quote the highest.
That is correct.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 28 Sep 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2962203)   #14
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
It is a requirement (I believe) from the MSA that all permit numbers/status are printed in the race day programme, so by looking in there most, if not all your questions relating to permits should be answered.

Bladders...................
Old 28 Sep 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2962208)   #15
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
It is a requirement (I believe) from the MSA that all permit numbers/status are printed in the race day programme, so by looking in there most, if not all your questions relating to permits should be answered.

Indeed so my friend. But it is subject to some provisos:

*That they actually are printed in the programme.

*That you actually kept them, having had no intention of doing F1, then changing your mind at the last minute.

*That there were enough copies printed to hand out in the first place.

I'm sure there's more. My own situation is the second one.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2962230)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You missed out:

*That they didn't get wet and fall apart.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2962269)   #17
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
You missed out:

*That they didn't get wet and fall apart.
or live in the bottom of the box until they look like papier-mache
Old 29 Sep 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2962448)   #18
NewYankee01
Veteran

Quote:
MSA Championship Permit No: CHR2011/R001
Race Status: International.

This is the top of page one. (Title and Jurisdiction 1.1)

ok thats very clear thanks.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2962450)   #19
NewYankee01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post

agreed ill look at my paperwork for silverstone btcc in two weeks...
Old 29 Sep 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2962508)   #20
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Touring car meetings will run with several permits, Nat B, Nat A and International (depending on what is running with it)

Please note that there may also be a couple of different types of permit numbers in the programme, the one number six posted is the championship permit number, which is to say championship has been registered with the MSA, this will could also have a race type/status with it to show was level of licence is required for that championship.

You need to make sure you are looking at the permits for the meeting which are usually a 5 or 6 digit number and that will say with that what status it is (nat b, nat a, etc).
Old 29 Sep 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2962515)   #21
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
This is a quote by Chris from LAST YEAR's event.

Note point one.

Point four, concerning the date, was in 2010 and is now, based on this current thread, end Nov 2011.

Hope you don't mind my quoting this, Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson View Post
Just a few simple helpers

1. If you do not know the grade of the meeting take a guess - it does not matter that much
2. Same with the organising club (BTW the MSA is the organising club for the GP - NOT the BRDC
3. Hillclimbs, sprints rallies etc DO NOT COUNT
4. I need BMMC forms by Nov 1 so I can have them verified by our regional committees
5. If anyone has specific queries, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail
6. If anyone is not a member of an MSA recognised club but is a marshal let me have your forms and I will forward them as I do our own
7. Remember - the necessary number of days refers to the duty for which you are volunteering - not necessarily your present grade