Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Sep 2010, 02:42 (Ref:2762256)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2010 Petit Le Mans-Road Atlanta, Sept 29-Oct 2

Who's going?
Who's camping?

"We" will be in the normal Turn 4 area starting Wednesday, under an assortment of flags and canopies and in tents...

Can't wait! 10 years running for me and the first time in 8 years that my brother makes his way back South for the "Fall" Pilgrimage.

Looking forward to meeting some new folk as well.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 21 Sep 2010 at 02:49.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2762257)   #2
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My ticket just came, so here here.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 03:43 (Ref:2762264)   #3
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fly down this Friday, attending a tradeshow in Atlanta for work this weekend, then heading out to Gainesville Sunday night. 4th year in a row but first year attending all 4 days (never done Wednesday before). I can hardly wait. Audi vs Pug rematch, first time seeing a Pescarolo, Huge GT2 battle (2nd RSR and Robertson cars), Porsche hybrid, ugly Panoz, killer driver line up. Meeting up with my racing friends I have met "at the track" over the years. Lots to see and some great racing!!!
Can't wait for the autograph session to add a bunch of new hero cards to the collection too!
Old 21 Sep 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2762503)   #4
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets. check!
New Race Scanners. Check!
Canopies and tent water proofed. Checked!
Just need food and beer and all is ready!

Wednesday cant get here fast enough!
Old 21 Sep 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2762510)   #5
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather is looking to take a turn for the better next week.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/30548
Old 21 Sep 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2762513)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there from Wednesday in the Turn 4 area with the banner that is in my avatar (assuming we remember to bring it!) I'm hoping for a bit drier time this year, but heck I really don't care as long as the cars are on track!

Jeremy, I'll stop by on Wednesday to say hey when I get there.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2762523)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Had just checked the ten day myself hoping for days outside the 90s. just moved from the mountains of swVa a couple months ago, the 90s are not my idea of comfortable and this past week has been a killer, it's fall tomorrow and 95 is not right.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2762621)   #8
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Had just checked the ten day myself hoping for days outside the 90s. just moved from the mountains of swVa a couple months ago, the 90s are not my idea of comfortable and this past week has been a killer, it's fall tomorrow and 95 is not right.
That's a little hot for me too but I'd rather that than the weather we had on race day last year.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2762635)   #9
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Forecast looking splendid to me, early arrival again, I'll gonna be there from Tuesday's testday on, trackside at turn 10 - from Thursday on at least, come and say hello if you have the opportunity.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2762645)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed the forecast is looking good, Coach Ep and I will not mention a certain four letter word. Highs in the lower 80s and lows in the lower 60s; that's down right pleasant from what it has been the last few weeks. Hell, that is is just down right pleasant.

For those of you who don't live 'round here, you might want to bring a dust mask. I live down a 1/4 down a dirt road and haven't seen it this dry and dusty in, well....since our last drought, which was NOT last year this time.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2762649)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Fly down this Friday, attending a tradeshow in Atlanta for work this weekend, then heading out to Gainesville Sunday night. 4th year in a row but first year attending all 4 days (never done Wednesday before).
Don't work TOO hard and Wednesday at the track is a nice way to ease into it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Jeremy, I'll stop by on Wednesday to say hey when I get there.
You know where to find us!
Old 22 Sep 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2762835)   #12
lemansnsx
Rookie

lemansnsx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets came a few days ago! First time, flying down with a buddy, arriving mid-morning Thursday.
Not camping, too old and like soft beds and other comforts too much!

Anyone know if the Aussie Bakery are coming this year?
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2763478)   #13
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, 4th year now. Same routine, leave Raleigh after work on Thursday, get to Commerce in time to crash at the hotel, get up in time for Friday practice. 10 hours or 1000 miles or until it rains too hard!!

And then walk, walk, walk. My buddy and I make usually make one full lap on Friday and two on Saturday just to get pictures of the cars at different corners at different times of the day. Soooooo stoked, I have had barely any vacation all summer.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2763500)   #14
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

First forecast that includes race day. But I must say, it looks very good.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/30548

Old 23 Sep 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2763537)   #15
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansnsx View Post
Tickets came a few days ago! First time, flying down with a buddy, arriving mid-morning Thursday.
Not camping, too old and like soft beds and other comforts too much!

Anyone know if the Aussie Bakery are coming this year?
Funny you should ask, went to the bakery yesterday for lunch and to find out the same thing. Yep they will be there. So thats at least one lunch and one breakfast I wont have to worry about!
Old 23 Sep 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2763594)   #16
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Fly in on Monday evening, at the track from Wednesday through to Saturday, flagging at turn 7, for my first taste of both Road Atlanta and PLM.

Done Le Mans 24, LMS and now ALMS since June, shame can't do the Asian LMS to get the full set this year!!!!!
Old 23 Sep 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2763648)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Fly in on Monday evening, at the track from Wednesday through to Saturday, flagging at turn 7, for my first taste of both Road Atlanta and PLM.

Done Le Mans 24, LMS and now ALMS since June, shame can't do the Asian LMS to get the full set this year!!!!!
Awesome, Steve! the 6 & 7 area is great, along with the entire track. You'll see me for sure at some point as I tend on the fences down there quite often.

You should enjoy your visit to Road ATL. It is s a blast from the past, but it surely is a fantastic place.

Enjoy!
Old 25 Sep 2010, 04:21 (Ref:2764258)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Weather forecast looking good. Still enough time for it too change, however, but I will be ready for Armageddon....

Speaking of which, anyone have an outboard motor I can borrow, just in case?
Old 25 Sep 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2764368)   #19
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Weather forecast looking good. Still enough time for it too change, however, but I will be ready for Armageddon....

Speaking of which, anyone have an outboard motor I can borrow, just in case?
Someone else has thought the same!!!! From the queue outside RA today!

http://ow.ly/i/45WW/original
Old 26 Sep 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2764666)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Someone else has thought the same!!!! From the queue outside RA today!

http://ow.ly/i/45WW/original
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing that one, Steve.

They line up at the gates for PLM and the very next day, a Flood watch is issued

From Weather.com
Quote:
.. FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM EDT THIS MORNING THROUGH MONDAY EVENING FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST GEORGIA...
Hasn't rained in weeks!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2765546)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, if we are lucky we can get drenched again this year. This Weather Channel article has left open the possibility of a tropical storm hitting the Southeastern US by weeks end.......Yippee.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2765547)   #22
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Hmm, if we are lucky we can get drenched again this year. This Weather Channel article has left open the possibility of a tropical storm hitting the Southeastern US by weeks end.......Yippee.
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2765807)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like IF it does reform it will stay on the coast and the weather channel actually downgraded the chance of rain on Wed-Sat to 0% with highs in the mid 70s (mid 20s).
Old 28 Sep 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2766046)   #24
HJJ
Veteran

United States
I will be in the YFDS* Cooking and Camping Compound located in the wooded area on the left hand side of the access road down from "Vendor Village". Should have aboot 16-18 people there. Look for the YFDS banners and stop by and say "Hello". Camp should start Wednesday afternoon but have quite a few people coming in town to see Rush Wednesday night, so most will be there Thursday afternoon.

(*Your Favorite Driver Sucks - We go to races)
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2766361)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
One more day of work for me and then off to the track Thurs morning, hopefully in time to catch some of the morning practice.