Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Feb 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3207838)   #1
rpgk
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
rpgk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Number Graphics

Hello all, have been following forum for a while and am just about to start racing at club level.

I have a quick question which I hope someone could help with - I along with two others are planning to share a car for the first season's racing - family committments mea we would not be able to make every race, so as an introduction to the sport it seemed a good way to share the costs!!

The question is that as a result of sharing, we each have our own driver number which needs to be displayed on the car when we race. Have been told this is pretty common but does anyone know the best way to actually do this. Don't really want to be ripping off vinyl graphics in-between each race - are there 'easily removed graphics' that we can peel off and replace? Or are Magnetic numbers better? These seem to be advertised but my assumption is they will just fly off at speed.

Any advice offered greatly appredciated.

Many thanks in advance
Old 20 Feb 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3207876)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
We use something like this:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motors...ly-number-pack

We have a different number on every rally (numbers are allocated based on seeding rather than keeping a number all season). If you are number 6 and your friend is 7 you could put both on the car and put a cross through the unused one with tape, if you're numbers are 2 digit you may not have space for that so the rally 'easy on easy off' numbers may be the way to go.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3208047)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Magnetic wouldnt be allowed if spotted.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3208412)   #4
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Magnetic wouldnt be allowed if spotted.

Al,thats interesting.

With such good magnetic graphic material about now why don,t they allow it ? I use it on road display signs and it sticks like s... to a blanket!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3208471)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Simply because in the blue book it states or did, no temporary parts maybe fitted and they do come off because I produce them from the best materials on the market and I sometimes get people coming in for a replacement. It would only need a door bang and it would be off, oh BTW they wouldnt stick to the fibreglass doors on your cars lol! I make a joke of that but I had a guy bring a set back and demand his money back because they wouldnt stick on his range Rover, I told him sorry you said they were for your van not an alloy doored RR!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3208572)   #6
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What we have done in the past is that my numbers go on the car.

If 'er indoors is sharing then I print her numbers on sheets of A3 paper and laminate them. When she is due to go out we tape the laminated sheets over the top of my numbers.

HTH