Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Jul 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1050166)   #1
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brands Hatch Kerbs

Those losers at Motorsport Vision have painted the Brands Hatch kerbs white and RED! Its horrid! Its not even a nice deep red, its almost orange. Does anyone esle agree with me that green looked immensely better and that if they had to paint them they should have done it blue or something...
Old 28 Jul 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1050196)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can't say I even noticed any difference in colour on Saturday. Red is better than green as it makes for a more distinct seperation from the track and grass, blue would be a waste of time as after a few cars have put their tyres over the kerbs they wouldn't show, btw, do you actualy race?
I don't see any reason to call MSV losers, they have been in charge for a mere 6 months now and have made, and continue to make great improvements to Brands and Snett, (haven't seen any other of their sites). Race entry prices remain almost the same as last year, unlike other tracks so don't knock them just yet until they have had time.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1050237)   #3
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woooahhh there!!!

I don`t like to sound like some complete sad-case that goes around taking note of kerb colours!!.... but....!!....

The kerbs changed from green and white to red and white in the week leading up to the British Superbike meeting on the GP circuit on the 18/19/20 June.

I`m merely a photo-taking spectator but I must admit I prefer the new red and white scheme. If you look back over the years the kerbs change colour pretty frequently. We haven`t had the traditional red and white for a few years now at Brands and it certainly makes a refreshing change from a photo point of view (since kerbs generally tend to get into most shots).

Just a thought (probably reading WAAAAYYYY too deep into this!) but doesn`t a red/white/red fit more into line with MSV`s logos and branding colours than a green/white/green????......
Old 28 Jul 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1050309)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The kerbs Oulton and Snetterton have also been converted to red/white MSV corporate colours. Before anyone thinks I'm being a complete anorak, it wasn't me that noticed it.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1050404)   #5
McKay
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
Woooahhh there!!!

I don`t like to sound like some complete sad-case that goes around taking note of kerb colours!!.... but....!!
So because i think the kerbs look rather ugly, and dont fit in with trees and countryside feel of the track, im a sad-case? Im any normal motorsport spectator and i just think the kerbs looked alot nicer before. Maybe i wont speak in future...
Old 28 Jul 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1050408)   #6
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't like this black tarmac. It doesn't fit in with the trees.....
Old 28 Jul 2004, 22:39 (Ref:1050419)   #7
A. C. E. motors
Rookie

England
Leicestershire UK
A. C. E. motors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced at Brands 2 weeks ago, and I preferred the red and white curbs.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 23:38 (Ref:1050437)   #8
Liam34
Rookie

Liam34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So because i think the kerbs look rather ugly, and dont fit in with trees and countryside feel of the track, im a sad-case?
No, becuase Elio knows when the kerbs changed colour, and not just that they had, he is making himself look like a sad case, so he's being carefull to make sure we understand he is not.

Looking at the pics on falcemob's site from the two Brands meetings he's been to this year, you can see the change in colours. I'm not sure I'd notice if it hadn't been pointed out.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 07:22 (Ref:1050574)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liam34
Looking at the pics on falcemob's site from the two Brands meetings he's been to this year, you can see the change in colours. I'm not sure I'd notice if it hadn't been pointed out.
Nop,I had never noticed the difference in colours but I expect I will be constantly checking different tracks to see what colour the kerbs are. This could cause me to lose concentration, so if I fall off it will be McKay’s fault. In fact, last Saturday, I think the difference in colour subconsciously made me think Paddock bend was nearer than it really is causing me to turn in to soon and fall off on the exit into the gravel.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 29 Jul 2004 at 07:24.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:16 (Ref:1050602)   #10
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to Brands 2 weeks ago and didn't notice.
They were red and white when I first went there in deference to Marlboro who sponsored the GP at the time, and anything else just doesn't look right to me - guess it depends what you're used to.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1050622)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't notice and frankly couldn't care less
Old 29 Jul 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1050630)   #12
Elio
Veteran

WOAHH THERE X 2!!!!!!

McKay - I was standing up for YOU !!!! I thought Mr Falce was maybe being a little hard on you after your thread starting post.... I was putting MYSELF down for being the sad-case (which I openly admit I am and can easily provide referees to this effect!!!!!).

Cleared up???

Thank you!

(PS still prefer the red to the green! - maybe we could have a kind of rainbow arrangement?? Personally I think yellow/white/yellow mightn`t look that bad....)

(PPS Can we start a poll for the most desired kerb colour to put with white????.......)
Old 29 Jul 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1050708)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The kerbs have always changed colour in line with the current corporate colour scheme of the owners. In this case ALL signage etc has been (or is being) converted to MSV's corporate colours of red and black. If you look at the pit garages and control tower you will notice the change. Also, all signs arou8nd the circuit have been black and red for some months now.

Personally I like the new colour scheme but then that's just my own opinion. What is important as Falsemob said, is the overwhelming improvements to the general appearance of the circuits. J Palmer knows the benefits of good corporate image better than any of us and I applaud his efforts to date.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 12:05 (Ref:1050789)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
WOAHH THERE X 2!!!!!!

McKay - I was standing up for YOU !!!! I thought Mr Falce was maybe being a little hard on you after your thread starting post.... I was putting MYSELF down for being the sad-case (which I openly admit I am and can easily provide referees to this effect!!!!!).

Cleared up???

Thank you!

My post about the colours was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek, I don't realy care what colour the kerbs are as long as I stay trackside of them.
I just don't see any point in keep knocking MSV until they have had at least a year or two to prove themselves. You can't always turn a failing business round overnight. These things take time so give JP a chance, after all he is not a charity, he has a business to run.
Old 29 Jul 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1050830)   #15
Elio
Veteran

I agree!!

Pheww - this thread is getting a bit tense given that all it`s about is kerb colours!!!

I must admit that I am presuming that Mr Mckay was probably being a bit tongue-in-cheek himself in the "loser" quote.... I assume he apreciates what you say (falcemob) about MSV - I certainly do.

If he genuinely thinks they are losers because they change kerb colours then he`s due a bit of critiscism but I don`t expect he really thinks that....
Old 29 Jul 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1050886)   #16
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't like the red and white kerbs at Oulton; the old green and white always said "Oulton" to me (in the same way as yellow and green says "Croft" and red, white and blue says "Thruxton") - sometimes I need reminding which circuit I'm at! But they've only altered half the kerbs at Oulton - some of them are still green and white. If MSV's coperate colours are red and black, why not do them that colour - it could work...
Old 29 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1050898)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Black would clash with the tarmac. Hang on, why not change the colour of the tarmac? A nice mauve colour would look attractive. Why not get Changing Rooms/Ground Force in to sort it out?
Old 29 Jul 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1050912)   #18
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green tarmac (Shellgrip type stuff) with tarmac run off - then CoCs would have to say "the green stuffs yours, the black stuff is ours..."
Old 30 Jul 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1051831)   #19
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I liked the green curbs at Brands and Oulton, but it's hardly the end of the world... They used to be like orange and red didn't they at Brands?
Old 30 Jul 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1051845)   #20
McKay
Racer

Yellow and Slightly Pinky Red.
Elio is right, i dont actually think that MSV are losers, i was just rather annoyed because i believe it makes the track look ugly and doesnt make me think of brands. Im not so bothered as to break in over night and repaint them

Last edited by McKay; 30 Jul 2004 at 10:54.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1051920)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
...the old green and white always said "Oulton" to me
Agree entirely. If I see a race on tv by coming in in the middle,if it's in Britain I can usually work out the circuit very quickly from the kerb colours. I couldn't tell you what they are, but I recognize them instantly when I see them. It's a shamce if they all become the same.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1053456)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were Red and white years ago at Brands....went there on Friday for WSB...i thought it looked great .
Old 2 Aug 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1053670)   #23
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As my dad said, the circuits look a lot smarter (although he's only been to Oulton Park once, so how does he know hehe), which is no doubt a good thing.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1066261)   #24
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think they look great and I think that all kerbs should be red & white irrespective of surroundings
Old 14 Aug 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1066307)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apart from at Le Mans. I like the difference there.