Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Jan 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1816382)   #101
Salvador
Rookie

European Union
U.K. and Spain
Salvador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Its an age thing mate sorry, I meant Quarry, sounds a bit like Coram does'nt it, does'nt it???
Well Al, sorry but I cannot remember the incident at Quarry. If I recall Castle Coombe, the 2 places where I tasted the grass where the exit of Quarry and by the start line coming too wide after the fast bend (do not remeber the name). Anyway looked in my album last night and found indeed a picture at Quarry on that day, I am in front, you are just behind (no. 26) and then Dave Jones in his MkII Golf GTI, those were the days.

I will send you the picture to your e-mail

Take care
Salvador
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1816503)   #102
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nice one Salvador!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1818031)   #103
Salvador
Rookie

European Union
U.K. and Spain
Salvador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me know if you receive the picture ok. The message has been returned to me once. I have just tried again to your e-mail address given in the profile

Salvador
Old 18 Jan 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1818193)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Try sales@cadart.com Salvador, thanks.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1855781)   #105
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh yeah.... Simon Light, appeared on here as "Sarnie" not seen for a while...
That was one well piloted rapid Capri!
Cheers Rob....hehe

I did the Supers for 3 seasons 92,93,94 then did the ModProds until 97. Still have the car, in the hope I'll get out again one day or eventually trade it in for a go-faster zimmer frame

If anybody wants any info from specific races I have the results sheets for the years I did, and lots of pics which I'll have to upload sometime, any special requests ?

I've just started to download some vids onto Youtube, many more to follow from Road Saloons, Supers, Modprods plus some from other races at the same meetings like Modifieds & Thundersaloons.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyg2Uo_EMhE
Old 2 Mar 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1855829)   #106
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Splendid stuff!

So come on then, when are you returning from your.. hhem 10 year sabbatical?

Did you ever get that cone out from under the front of it. Well thinking about it, you seemed to collect more cones with that thing than anyone else ever did in Super's!

Special requests? Has to be Cadwell, since I doubt I'll ever take my animal(s)around there, as much as I'd like to. I really will have to resurrect the ol' Nova.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1855883)   #107
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't believe it's been 10 years already, hope it won't be another 10 before I get out again!

Ah yes that cone, well I collected it on purpose for extra grip in the rain, honest

Were you doing the old Russells here

Cadwell......

Have you been out in the Belmont ?
Old 7 Mar 2007, 06:38 (Ref:1860333)   #108
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh well, I can explain...
Snetterton - 94, carbon pads, late braking par excellence, or should I say, the brakes far exceeded the tyres,(and the driver!) and off it went.
Ahhhh Cadwell 93.

Have I been out in the belmont - a few times. No finishes yet, but it's getting there. Three problems to fix - one cracked head, flex in the front suspension legs, and a leaky fuel tank. Just a case of time. The ASCAR is priority No.1 at the moment.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1860965)   #109
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Excuses eh Rob; No mention of sponsorship by Shell Oils then!!
Old 8 Mar 2007, 11:39 (Ref:1861366)   #110
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Shell? Shell? I'll have you know that it (the Nova) ran on "Uncle Festers Exilihar No.1", and it only leaked it when a conrod made escape plans.

Ahhh, you mean the Belmont. Again, no shell, just a 205L drum of Valvoline VR1 in the workshop, and an oil system that thought it was an aerosol at one point (now sorted). Just that the water system has taken over the aerosol job (so I can squirt Belgian observers at Druids Out)

Rob.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1861377)   #111
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1871289)   #112
davidhjones
Rookie

United Kingdom
Aldington, Kent
davidhjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al - it might have been me!!!!!!

Al/Sal et al
Good to see so many people still around I think it may have been me that was driving like a nutter at Coombe - I had a big off and roll at quarry during one round of RS there, Terry Back also parked his Alfa 33 next to me on a subsequent lap!! - I might still have the video of it, I'll take a look......
Regards
Dave
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1871712)   #113
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hi David, thats a name I remember. No it was Salvador that came past me on the grass i am sure, he never did send me the piccies though!
Old 23 Mar 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1874700)   #114
stegeo
Rookie

stegeo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Im new to the forum but great to see the super raod saloons mentioned. I competed reguarlly between 1988-1993. I first started struggaling to catch rob in his nova at oulton park in my then black Saab 9000 and ended up watching simon light disapear away from me far too often in my then white/green/purple saab. Only used to get revenge in the wet.
I sold my car to Don Craig (drove tremendously with only one arm), who was going to use the car in the Castle Coombe series. Id love to know if it is still going.
My brother Weston also used to race a Saab 900 he sold that car to Stuart Imber who I beleive sold the car on to Spain befor moving on to his Historics with an old Merc.
It was good to here that some of you are still competing.
Regards
Steve
Old 24 Mar 2007, 22:53 (Ref:1875327)   #115
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Hi Steve, Welcome to the mad(ing) crowd.

Oh yes....beating Simon(?) at Brands when you threw it into the kitty litter at Paddock taking the win!!! I'll never forget that!! The finish line had "moved" due to the rebuild of the pits.

As you can see. I've been busy.

Mostly talking sphericals on here! Though I admit to spending this afternoon in the workshop doing paintwork on the new toy - have to get it ready for Rookie Training on Good Friday/Easter Saturday at Rockingham.

I remember once asking you what spring rates you ran on the 9000. Your answer "Black, round, and coily". Never forget it. I often use it these days!!!
Usually when I forget what rate spring I put in there!!

Regards

Rob.
Old 30 Mar 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1879858)   #116
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Roger Lott was the best exponent of "use of the grass". While most of us when slower on the green bit, Roger was faster on it, than off it!
I used to fancy Roger Lott's daughters when I was younger and unattached! They used to hang around in the paddock when we used to run a 2cv at Mondello and when they came up to Knockhill!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2056729)   #117
Vince Mitchell
Rookie

Spain
Ronda, Spain.
Vince Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everybody, i found this link by accident & i'm glad i did. Its nice to hear you all keep in contact & it brings back some very good memories. The super road saloons '89 - '93 was very good years for me, i bet you where glad i moved on!! He He. I loved my Sunbeam & between us we had some good results. I hope you are still logging on to this site, would be nice to chat to you all.
Vince Mitchell Racing.

Last edited by Vince Mitchell; 1 Nov 2007 at 11:06.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 21:16 (Ref:2057237)   #118
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Blimey! Ronda? Spain? Where's that in Leicester exactly?

Or is it that you have had to emigrate to find the only rot-free Sunbeams left in existence?

Hello mate! Hope you're doing well. Last time I saw you, you were covered in Audi gear.

I've learned how to turn left, left, left, and left again. Though next year, I shall be turning both left AND right again.

And remember - there is NO substitute for cubic inches!

Rob.
(yes - I still have that ruddy (rusty) Nova!)
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:19 (Ref:2057281)   #119
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hi Vince and welcome to the site. I liked my little Sunbeam, we still have a Ti out with us and Joss of course in his awesome Lotis variant.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 01:27 (Ref:2057365)   #120
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
blasts from the past!

Hi Alan, and all
found this thread by chance after you gave me the web address
blimey! i remember some of those names must be 10 years or so since i last raced the falken tyres series but what a great series it was
the class D only races with full fields were fun but i prefered the later multi class races mixing my humble mini with the cameros and rovers etc
if anyone has any video of my car it would be great to see it
origionally blue and yellow with flouresent pink wheels and bumpers No 97 i think
then the later car red with yellow bumpers and cage N0 7 (which is still in my garage)
would agree biggest cause of low grids is finance i only had very limited sponsorship from a friends company, when that came to an end so did the racing!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 08:42 (Ref:2057502)   #121
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Mick, great to see you here, now you know I am going to start working on you to get that fabulous Mini out with us dont you :-)

I may have some old video as you know James loved you and your brother Johns cars and would film more of those than my old Chevy, I need to edit them all properly one day definitely on my list of to do things.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:12 (Ref:2057840)   #122
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
Hi Al
didnt feel that i could ask about James films but if thats ok i would love to see them
cheers Mick
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2057882)   #123
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
just looked back at those names again and Roger Turner with that ridiculously quick Lada wot a nice bloke him and his mecahics were. after i took out a tyre wall broadside at brands very hard in practice i was going to take my badly damaged car home till they just jumped on it and started to strip the thing we dropped the subframe fitted a new rack hub steering arms rear camber plates straighten lots of bodywork and as the grid lined up after warm up lap i managed to get to the pit lane amidst much cheering and applause went on to finish well up the field with no side glasses - wheel arches from gaffer tape and god only knows what tracking and geometry front and rear!
he also did a 100 mile round trip to lend me his trailer to get home from oulton park after i had driven the mini there from A1 stevenage where id left my broken trailer with the AA and then collected his from potters bar.
theres not many like that about.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2057883)   #124
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell, lots of old names coming out of the woodwork
Old 2 Nov 2007, 14:56 (Ref:2057901)   #125
Vince Mitchell
Rookie

Spain
Ronda, Spain.
Vince Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just go south of Leicester for a few hundred miles till you reach the med! The only Sunbeams I have found here is in the sky! I wish I knew were my old two tone blue Falken Sunbeam was. Is it still out there?
Hello Rob, nice to hear from you mate. How's that left hand turn coming on?
When I worked at RML we did Ascar racing, I had so much fun. Very competitive. We won 2 years running. I was crew chief on Kelvin Burt & Ben Colllins car.