Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 Dec 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2799592)   #1
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Streets of Lynn

Well, this is part of my contribution towards "4 Tracks"

Here it is, a street circuit based in Lynn, a town whose neighbour is Boston. The back straight goes along a road which would need developing, widening and resurfacing, as well as having strong armco barriers there to prevent accidents involving water. A few other roads would need preparing for race-track status, mainly widening, but this isn't a problem as there's enough space to move pavements and so forth.

I've done a Wikipedia style map, and some close-ups done in Sketchup as to what the circuit might look like. I've also done a Gmaps Pedometer version too. Link is http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4175479

The Sketchup picture on the left is that of the pit-entry, whilst the one on the right is of T7 and a bit of T8 (the thick yellow line in that one is the racing line). That pcture blends in with the Google Earth picture, to give you a better idea of scale. I didn't do that with the pit-entry screenshot because it looked worse due to the pit-entry lines and so forth. The series I had in mind was IndyCar.

Its 2.2 miles, and goes clockwise.

Feedback is appreciated as usual
Attached Thumbnails
Basic outline circuit map.png   pitentrypicture.png   t7combo.png  

Last edited by dyewat808; 4 Dec 2010 at 18:02.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2799655)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, that's a pretty little track you have there! Especailly love the fact that - save the mid-top "infield" section, you couldn't tell it was a street circuit.

bio

PS:Judged from the last image, it's the first track i know of that's been partly built on a cloud
Old 5 Dec 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2799741)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I like it alot.
It would be very fast especially the turn 8 to 12 section. How much room is there for run off or a safety road at turn 11?
May be the IRL or ALMS should be looking to host a race near Boston....
Old 5 Dec 2010, 00:41 (Ref:2799742)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I went to google maps and checked out Lynn. Found the area in about 20 seconds.
Riley way is fine (turn 10-11) and the turn into hanson street ahs a car park at the end of it. This is the sort of area that a street circuit should be built in as a long term event centre for a city, as there is little that would inhibit the construction and tear down after the event you it would provide a great backdrop to an event.

The only concern is that you pit straight is State Highway 1A and closing that may be a stumbling block but you're right, there is little or no hindrance to the creation of a great street track there. If one looked at the original layout for Long Beach in the late 70's it wasn't a whole lot different.