Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 May 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3822221)   #176
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I agree to disagree, and move on.
yawn, you come here with no opinion, fact or evidence, but some how you think i am wrong

did you watch those two bits of footage or are you just having a troll?

Last edited by peckstar; 13 May 2018 at 23:42.
Old 14 May 2018, 00:04 (Ref:3822228)   #177
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yawn, you come here with no opinion, fact or evidence, but some how you think i am wrong

did you watch those two bits of footage or are you just having a troll?
Read my post... I did not say anywhere you are wrong. I just said I disagreed with your opinion. I have my own opinion which I made clear. My only 'sin' is I dare to have a different opinion to yours.
Yes I did see watch both of the clips.
Old 14 May 2018, 00:15 (Ref:3822230)   #178
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Read my post... I did not say anywhere you are wrong. I just said I disagreed with your opinion. I have my own opinion which I made clear. My only 'sin' is I dare to have a different opinion to yours.
Yes I did see watch both of the clips.
two bits of footage. you havent discussed them, but somehow you disagree

woeful, I can accept that word as opinion ( the autocensor would censor the word i want to use) but poor commentary even DRT agrees with that (and according to history on this thread so do you)

Last edited by peckstar; 14 May 2018 at 00:21.
Old 14 May 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3822232)   #179
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im pretty confident im correct and everyone agrees with me. Its just they dont want to say it because that does not support their long term agendas. even DRT agreed with me.
Well now I've seen everything.

For the record not everyone agrees with you.
Old 14 May 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3822234)   #180
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
two bits of footage. you havent discussed them, but somehow you disagree
I mentioned my dislike of excitable commentary, specific to Crompton.
Quote:
Im with you DRT. When Neil becomes Squeal Im always quite happy to turn the volume down. Its the sight of the racing that excites me.... not the frenzy of the commentator.
Old 14 May 2018, 02:06 (Ref:3822240)   #181
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Well now I've seen everything.

For the record not everyone agrees with you.
yeah they do, like i said they just dont want to admit it because it upsets their agenda
Old 14 May 2018, 02:31 (Ref:3822241)   #182
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yeah they do, like i said they just dont want to admit it because it upsets their agenda
No they don't. Case in point, me.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 14 May 2018, 02:57 (Ref:3822242)   #183
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Im pretty confident im correct and everyone agrees with me. Its just they dont want to say it because that does not support their long term agendas.
Umm, no.

I have no agenda whatsoever. I think the current Supercars commentary is pretty good and doesn't deserve the flogging it gets on social media. It has areas to improve but it's hardly horrendous and supremely knowledgable.
I think the RLM commentary is also very good, the guys are knowledgeable too and also infectiously keen on the series they commentate. I've watched both pieces of supplied footage, both seem good, both serve their purpose. Crompton does a great job of building the excitement of what turns out to be a historical event. The RLM guys don't detract from Chaz's hotlap, which wasn't as exciting as Scotty's, or probably as significant, but they did a decent job.
All IMO.
Old 14 May 2018, 03:03 (Ref:3822243)   #184
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
No they don't. Case in point, me.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
100% confident that you are just saying that to make a point rather than you actually preferred the 12 hour shoot lap commentary. but then hey. you were against the whole idea of a shoot outy at the 12 hour because the 12 hour doesn't need to repeat what the 1000 does. Oh look an agenda

should be easy to prove me wrong, but no one has even tried

anyway Greg rust, was he calling Gt3 on the weekend?

Last edited by peckstar; 14 May 2018 at 03:10.
Old 14 May 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3822244)   #185
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I sensed a great injustice had occured and I was drawn back to the dark lands of the troll called shane, the one who calls himself peckster. As a member of the free world I feel a strong sense of responsibility to set the record straight. Shane after years of watching you single handidly wipe out a forum I can say we have never agreed with you and can confidently say never will. Never tar us with such filth again.
Old 14 May 2018, 03:15 (Ref:3822245)   #186
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Umm, no.

I have no agenda whatsoever. I think the current Supercars commentary is pretty good and doesn't deserve the flogging it gets on social media. It has areas to improve but it's hardly horrendous and supremely knowledgable.
I think the RLM commentary is also very good, the guys are knowledgeable too and also infectiously keen on the series they commentate. I've watched both pieces of supplied footage, both seem good, both serve their purpose. Crompton does a great job of building the excitement of what turns out to be a historical event. The RLM guys don't detract from Chaz's hotlap, which wasn't as exciting as Scotty's, or probably as significant, but they did a decent job.
All IMO.
here, here

Loved the coverage from N24 over the weekend - I don't mind the V8 Coverage but shouting about something that I'm seeing live is just not needed - Skaife is the worst - he was nearly in the fence comments etc...
Old 14 May 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3822246)   #187
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
100% confident that you are just saying that to make a point rather than you actually preferred the 12 hour out lap commentary. buty then hey. you were against the whole idea of a shoot outy at the 12 hour because the 12 hour doesn't need to repeat what the 1000 does. Oh look an agenda
I am making a point, but that is I have no problem with either call.

Rather than spout rubbish, can you please find where I have said the above re against the idea of a shootout, and provide a direct quote.

I'll save you the time, I've never said that, so don't bother. Stop dragging irrelevant and untrue crap into a conversation to avoid the spotlight of being proven to be wrong. Or is your name James Phelps?
Old 14 May 2018, 03:35 (Ref:3822249)   #188
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
I sensed a great injustice had occured and I was drawn back to the dark lands of the troll called shane, the one who calls himself peckster. As a member of the free world I feel a strong sense of responsibility to set the record straight. Shane after years of watching you single handidly wipe out a forum I can say we have never agreed with you and can confidently say never will. Never tar us with such filth again.

Didn’t the troll have a canine companion of which he would forget where it was located from time to time?

Last edited by rich07; 14 May 2018 at 03:44.
Old 14 May 2018, 03:36 (Ref:3822250)   #189
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
here, here

Loved the coverage from N24 over the weekend - I don't mind the V8 Coverage but shouting about something that I'm seeing live is just not needed - Skaife is the worst - he was nearly in the fence comments etc...
so you are just making the same point, I really like the RLM coverage and thats your argument, but that wasnt what i said, was it. never discussed the coverage during the race or other events, which was adequate at times, crap at times and really good at other times (same as supercars)

then here is the key, "radio" Didnt even discuss the lap untill 50 seconds (nearly half way) into it. dribbling on about other stuff. No excitment unto 1.30 (3/4) ho hum dull and uninterested. I would have said no experince, but apparanty

But if you are watching it, why do you need any commentary, let alone excitment. Same as every other sport
Old 14 May 2018, 03:50 (Ref:3822254)   #190
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My head hurts!
Old 14 May 2018, 04:14 (Ref:3822258)   #191
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Single handily wiped out the "ghostdown" I did, what a win

thanks for dropping by, maybe next time you can talk about motorsport. greg rust even or maybe larko or some other replacement. but please someone exciting and relevant to the discussion

Last edited by peckstar; 14 May 2018 at 04:23.
Old 14 May 2018, 05:26 (Ref:3822265)   #192
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so you are just making the same point, I really like the RLM coverage and thats your argument, but that wasnt what i said, was it. never discussed the coverage during the race or other events, which was adequate at times, crap at times and really good at other times (same as supercars)

then here is the key, "radio" Didnt even discuss the lap untill 50 seconds (nearly half way) into it. dribbling on about other stuff. No excitment unto 1.30 (3/4) ho hum dull and uninterested. I would have said no experince, but apparanty

But if you are watching it, why do you need any commentary, let alone excitment. Same as every other sport

My Law/Commerce degree just isn't up to arguing our discussing with you - IMO I think V8's need a refresh of the team like AFL commentators - Larkham, Crompton and to a lesser extent Murphy & Skaife have been out of the car in their current form - there is a place for them but I like the way AFL radio stations have picked up Bartel, Ling, Judd and a few others who have recemtly retired - but for the life of me I cant thing of anybody to fill the void if the abovementioned left.

If you watched any of the live You Tube feed from N24 (did you catch any ?) with Radio Lemans commentary again IMO it was great reading out tweets from around the world and answering questions via tweets and having quests drop by like Bernd Schneider who was racing with journos

Glad I wasn't there this year in the rain have been once before and was blessed with clear weather
Old 14 May 2018, 07:57 (Ref:3822270)   #193
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
IMO I think V8's need a refresh of the team like AFL commentators - Larkham, Crompton and to a lesser extent Murphy & Skaife have been out of the car in their current form - there is a place for them but I like the way AFL radio stations have picked up Bartel, Ling, Judd and a few others who have recemtly retired - but for the life of me I cant thing of anybody to fill the void if the abovementioned left.
Look I agree with you there, was dissapointed when Larko came back, not because i have an issue with Larko, just hoping for a fresh face

I imagine we will see a new face in 2020 after a certain veteran retires
Old 14 May 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3822272)   #194
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am posting in support of the RLM crew, because I believe they do an exceptional job.

My $0.02, and mine alone.
Old 14 May 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3822275)   #195
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I am posting in support of the RLM crew, because I believe they do an exceptional job.

My $0.02, and mine alone.
I think most posters, except for nafe!, agrees with that comment. At least no one has said anything different

Last edited by peckstar; 14 May 2018 at 08:51.
Old 14 May 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3822276)   #196
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes RLM are probably one of the best commentary team out there, certainly as long distance races are hard to follow at times. I think we should leave it at that