Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 31 Aug 2003, 19:33 (Ref:704196)   #1
Karolingerheinz
Rookie

Karolingerheinz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Search of an historic racing-film of 1935

Hello,
I am new in this forum but after a short overview I find it very good.
I am from Germany and since more than 45 years interested in pre-war Grand-Prix-Racing. From time to time I am on search in the archive of Daimler-Benz. Last time there I found some written material about an Racing-Film of Daimler-Benz, produced by UFA-Film at Berlin in 1935.
The title of the film is:
"Sieg für Deutschland"
One could see Rudolf Caracciola, Manfred von Brauchitsch, Luigi Fagioli and Hans Geier and, of course, Alfred Neubauer.
Musik came from Alfred Perak, the man behind the camera was Albert Kling, sound came from Doelle-Braun and the speaker was Fritz Albert. Regie: Siegfried Seher.
Unfortunaltely this and many other film rolls were burned during an air-attack against Stuttgart in 1943.
But old people told me, that this film was shown in all German towns and in Austria and perhaps also in Switzerland. Maybe that this film survived out of Stuttgart or out of Germany.
Therefore my question:
Is there anyone who knows something about this film?
It would be nice to hear good news in this affair.
Best whishes to you from
Karolingerheinz

PS: My English is not the best, but I hope anyone could understand what I ask for.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 20:47 (Ref:704253)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forum!

I am a great enthusiast for these early German films and I am quite sure that one print must have survived somewhere.

I wonder if David Weguelin Productions might have it? They recently released a three-part video of Mercedes racing history and their Motorfilm Quarterly production has recently shown a 1938 (?) film entitled "Sieg, Rekord, Meisterschaft". Perhaps they would be a source for the film?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 20:48 (Ref:704255)   #3
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your English is a lot better than my German!

Et je parle Fancais comme une vache Espagnole.

Good Luck in your search.

Steve McQueen.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 20:59 (Ref:704260)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Francais eclectric fRancais!!

Good luck with your search, only pre war video I've got is some coverage of the Auto Unions that I got with Motorsport magazine. Fantastic stuff!
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:44 (Ref:704495)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a film of the 1937 season-title translated into 'Battle against Time'which I saw at a film show in the 60s.It was borrowed from the British National Film Archive,so I would hope that they still have it,though I have not seen it since.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 12:18 (Ref:704757)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have sieg rekord mietsershaft (dodgy spelling) on video. It covers the 1938 / 39 seasons in detail (and in german)
Old 1 Sep 2003, 15:35 (Ref:704867)   #7
Karolingerheinz
Rookie

Hello,
the video "Sieg, Rekord, Meisterschaft" with the events of 1938 and 1939 I know very well. On the tape you can see and hear (!) the 3-Liter-Recordcar on the new Dessau-Reichsautobahn in february 1939. For a very short moment one can also see, that Daimler-Benz was there with two Record-Cars, one with the successfull 3-Liter-engine and one with the 5,6-Liter-12-Cylinder-engine. This engine did not run very well. The weather was cold and much water in the air, so it was extremly difficult to bring the engine to good running. It was planned to conintue to drive later in 1939 or on february 1940. But unfortunately at this time there was a speed-limit on all Reichsautobahnen and other vehicles on the street. You know: tanks, camions and so on. But this is another story.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 16:58 (Ref:708217)   #8
Karolingerheinz
Rookie

Hello TimD,
thank you for the information about David Weguelin Productions. But unfortunately I was not able to come in contact with David Weguelin Productions till now. I tried it with GOOGLE, but without success. I got some adresses from dealers, offering videos from David Weguelin Productions, but not the videos you have written to me.
Therefore my question: Has someone the adress of David Weguelin Productions for me? Would be very nice.
Best wishes to you all