Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1052874)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone Group 4 Accident

Any word on the drivers..I wont mention the names here in case family isnt aware and see it.
I know one was taken to hospital with burns but I don't know the extent
Old 31 Jul 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1052895)   #2
A. C. E. motors
Rookie

England
Leicestershire UK
A. C. E. motors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been told he was able to walk into the medical centre.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1053138)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK I have been contacted by Mark Green's father.
Mark is in Stoke Mandeville with 10% burns to both sides, abdomen, and forearm but he is apprently in good spirits.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1053883)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad to hear he's okay. I was somewhat alarmed to be told this morning that Tom Delaney also had a spill on Saturday. Apparently he's got away with not much more than a grazed hand, but it's not what you need at 93 years of age. Hope it doesn't make him think twice about his sport.

Shame really - I gather that it was an innocent spin being turned into a roll by means of a gravel trap.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1053902)   #5
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom's incident was a 1/2 spin, then slowly coasting to a halt followed by falling out of the car. There was no Gravel Trap and the car remained upright at all times.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 10:58 (Ref:1053915)   #6
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I hear that Tom is ok which is great news because he is a real hero to many of us who campaign pre-war cars. I must say my heart was in my mouth when I went past the medical crew but they gave the thumbs up a lap later so we knew Tom was ok.

Mark Green is a fellow FJ man who I know as he and his dad have been really friendly since I started running the Cooper. I learnt about the incident from one of my friends who saw it happen. I was so pleased when Steve Worrad told me that Mark had walked into the Medical Centre.

Here's to Mark and Tom getting back on their feet.

Old 2 Aug 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1053959)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
G Tanner, I'm delighted to hear the LeaF didn't go over. Another case of "chinese whispers" I suspect.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1055198)   #8
taylov
Rookie

taylov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read of the Tom Delaney mishap at Silverstone. I too hope this does not put Tom off racing - well nothing has in the last 70-odd years. Perhaps it's a matter of genes - wasn't it his uncle who upturned the #125 De Dietrich in a ditch in the 1903 Paris-Madrid race - I have a postcard photo which is claimed to have been taken by the driver just after he had crawled out the ditch!!!!!
Old 3 Aug 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1055461)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I should point out that Tom is on the final list for the vote in the heroes of club racing tread in national and club