Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 10 Nov 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4133162)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mexican Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2022 - Round 20 of 22 - Results

Congratulations to title leader BTCC frog on winning the Mexican Grand Prix and on extending his margin. Apologies to everyone for messing up three competitors' points and not counting properly. I have rectified them and will go back to double checking in future. So sorry.

BTCC frog is now level with steve_r on four wins and holds a good lead over him going into the closing two rounds, a not insurmountable gap, but it's looking tough for everyone else. Having said that, we have our final sprint race in Interlagos this weekend, so there are more points on offer, which offers a delicious opportunity to close the margin.

What happened in Mexico City

Winner Verstappen was the driver most acurrately predicted, with 6 of the 11 entrants choosing him.

Bottas and Ricciardo were the two top 10 finishers least picked, only by Gnussi (in his rightful position of 10th) and Born Racer Fan (three places off in 10th), respectively.

All predicted Verstappen on pole, but only smellysocks and Gnussi got any of the other qualifying positions correct, both for Hamilton in 3rd.

After his fastest lap in the US, only TrapezeArtist and wolfhound got that he would repeat the feat in Mexico.

No-one went for Ricciardo in either of the two driver pollls, while seven people chose Red Bull as Team of the Grand Prix.

The only competitor to predict one of the three possible Rate the Grand Prix scores was smellysocks, with a 6.

No-one went for McLaren for fastest pit stop.

Nine of the eleven predictors got 8 out of 10 top 10 finishing drivers in there, most of them erroneously picking Alonso and Vettel (incidentally, Alonso was chosen by everyone), but with me picking Gasly instead of Vettel, BTCC frog Tsunoda and wolfhound Albon (both in 10th spot).

The Mexican Grand Prix winner Gnussi only had Alonso wrong.

Of the eleven winners this season, more now have multiple wins than a sole one.

Mexican Grand Prix Results

1. Verstappen
2. Hamilton
3. PĂ©rez
4. Russell
5. Sainz
6. Leclerc
7. Ricciardo
8. Ocon
9. Norris
10. Bottas

Qualifying
1. Verstappen
2. Russell
3. Hamilton

Fastest lap: Russell
Fastest pit stop: McLaren
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Ricciardo
Driver of the Grand Prix: Ricciardo
Team of the Grand Prix: Red Bull
Rate the Grand Prix: 6 & 2 (mode) & 3 (mean, rounded down from 3.2).

Mexican Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. BTCC frog - 99
2. smellysocks - 96
3. steve_r - 95
4. Gnussi - 94
5. Beau2 - 91
6. Aysedasi - 89
= wolfhound - 89
8. Born Racer - 87
9. crmalcolm - 83
10. TrapezeArtist - 72
11. Born Racer Fan - 69

Championship standings after Round 20 of 22

1. BTCC frog - 1755
2. steve_r - 1683
3. Beau2 - 1677
4. Born Racer - 1652
5. smellysocks - 1623
6. Gnussi - 1615
7. TrapezeArtist - 1588
8. crmalcolm - 1545
= Born Racer Fan - 1545
10. wolfhound - 1498
11. gert - 1441
12. Notso Swift - 1304
13. Aysedasi - 1160
14. chunterer - 1106
15. Teretonga - 109

Number of wins so far this season

steve_r - 4
BTCC frog - 4

Beau2 - 3

Born Racer - 2
wolfhound - 2

TrapezeArtist - 1
smellysocks - 1
gert - 1
Aysedasi - 1
crmalcolm - 1
Gnussi - 1

Winners by event

Bahrain: TrapezeArtist
Saudi Arabia: steve_r
Australia: steve_r
Emilia-Romagna: steve_r
Miami: steve_r
Spain: smellysocks
Monaco: Beau2
Azerbaijan: Beau2
Canada: BTCC frog
Great Britain: gert
Austria: wolfhound
France: Born Racer
Hungary: Aysedasi
Belgium: Born Racer
The Netherlands: BTCC frog
Italy: Beau2 & BTCC frog
Singapore: crmalcolm
Japan: Gnussi
United States: wolfhound
Mexico: BTCC frog

The next round

Predictions for the Brazilian Grand Prix are now open: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...61#post4133161

Please use the following format:

Sprint

Qualifying

Fastest lap:
Fastest pit stop:
Weather:
formula1.com Driver of the Day:
Driver of the Grand Prix:
Team of the Grand Prix:
Rate the Grand Prix:

Remember to do these before qualifying on Friday.

Last edited by Born Racer; 23 Nov 2022 at 14:01.
Old 10 Nov 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4133166)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Sorry to be that guy, but I thought I would have won the Mexican GP round so checked the results and I believe, while my score is correct, steve_r should have 95 and Gnussi should have 94. Apologies if I have misinterpreted the scoring system, but would you mind checking this? I know this is very petty but I am very keen to win the mug.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4133726)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm terribly sorry.

You're absolutely right. I feel terrible. I need to double check.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4133734)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm terribly sorry.

You're absolutely right. I feel terrible. I need to double check.
Thanks again for administrating this competition, I very much enjoy being part of it and really appreciate all the work you do. Please take it as a complement that I care enough about your competition (and the grand prize, as my Colin Turkington mug is in need of a friend) to count up the scores of all my competitors to make sure I don't lose any points.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 04:44 (Ref:4133998)   #5
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I get promoted to P2 place with 96 points!