Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Sep 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1415425)   #1
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Burnout 4 Revenge

If you guys and girls did'nt know Burnout Revenge was relesed yesterday in the U.k and all i can say is that you MUST get this game it is simply amazing. It's not really that much of a jump from Burnout 3 but still the game is amazing simply a must for your gaming collection. please discuss.........
Old 24 Sep 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1415478)   #2
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any clue as to what it's actually about? not a series i'm familiar with
Old 24 Sep 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1415509)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's an arcadey game, where you gain points for racing more daringly etc.....

It sounds rubbish to all you sim heads no doubt, but trust me. For all out fun, the Burnout series is unrivalled!

Having said that, I can't afford the new one because I'm moving into a place of my own soon.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1417187)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
burnout 3 is ausome!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1418284)   #5
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, Revenge is something of a disappointment (in my eyes, anyway). The great thing about the Burnout series has been the need to go flat out, while remembering that contact with virtually anything that isn't a rival car will result in a crash - it's something that Takedown managed especially well.

Taking the latter element away by removing the crash element when you hit traffic going in the same direction has the effect of culling a lot of that demand for instinctive reactions and leaves the battle gameplay exposed, resulting in the game as a whole feeling slightly out of balance and lacking in depth and satisfaction.

It's ok - "good", even - but not "great". Frankly, if you've got Takedown, I'd give this a miss.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1418652)   #6
Chris Peacock
Rookie

Wales
Wales
Chris Peacock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<edited for content -attack the post not the poster- EP>

Markules, that crap mate. Ok its your opinion, but revenge is meant to be more destructive with the ability to takeout rivals by punting traffic onto them. This version has more options, tracks, jumps, shortcuts etc. If your saying keep BO3 then you obviously didnt play it enough. BO3 was/is superb but after playing it alot you know every truck/bus/tram on every track. Onlining was wearing thin as most got bored of the same tracks. If you want to play BO online then revenge is a must and its a superb game.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1418818)   #7
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burnout 3 is probably, after PGR2 and both the Halo games, my most played Xbox game - indeed, I've probably racked up more hours with Takedown on Live than any other title.

While I appriciate what Criterion has set out to achieve with Revenge - including the ins and outs of the battle system, which in themselves aren't enough to carry the game - after playing it for nearly two weeks straight, I was left feeling slightly indifferent to the whole game. It's good, but not enough to merit spending £30-£40.

All opinions, though.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1419157)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got it yesterday and agree that it isn't as good as Burnout 3 (although i haven't played it much).

I must say it is darn close though. And those graphics! Rich in detail and oh-so-fast!
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1420832)   #9
sib668
Rookie

England
teesside
sib668 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only had the game for about 12 hours but i dont think i've blinked yet. Love it
Old 5 Oct 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1424810)   #10
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I got it yesterday and agree that it isn't as good as Burnout 3 (although i haven't played it much).
yeah i have to agree with his because it really is'nt that different from burnout 3. for those of you who are familar with the series, you will know how much better Burnout 2 was than Burnout and how much better Better Burnout 3 was then Burnout 2...but like we have said earlier on that Burnout 4 is a bit of a disappointment
Old 7 Oct 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1426250)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll side with those who simply love it. I also think there are some really nice improvements over Burnout 3 (which I played a lot as well, mind you).

I think the reason some love it and some don't is the fact that quite a few of the changes comes down to personal preference, and for me the following is what makes, IMHO, Burnout Revenge a lot better than Burnout 3 (which I still think is a great game as well):

- The improved graphics and scenery. The scenery in particular feels more detailed and more "alive", somehow. The sense of breakneck speed is better than in Burnout 3 as well, and quite often I think that comes down to the better-looking scenery. The addition of all those alternate routes and short-cuts have taken the tracks to a new level as well.

- The soundtrack which IMO is a lot better than that of Burnout 3.

- The revamped crash mode. The pile-ups feels bigger and badder now, and removing the need to go for multipliers have taken it to a new level.

- The traffic checking mode is just fantastic, and whomever came up with the idea to be able to crash those going the same way without penalty is a genius. For me and a couple of buddies who every so often get together for some crazy Road Rage duels in Burnout 3 the traffic checking mode in Burnout Revenge has definitely taken it to a higher and a lot more intense level. I'm surprised the neighbors haven't complained yet after all the shouting and screaming we've been doing at eachother so far
Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1428712)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm undecided on the traffic checking aspect really.

On one side, it has taken away a lot of challenge in that there is nothing to hit.

The good thing is that it means there is more density of traffic placed on tracks now, which is nice. And you can be ploughing through a ton of traffic only to meet a ruddy great truck, which you can't check at all. Smash!

Crash mode feels much the same, but you have to think about things a bit more. However, I preferred B3's crash mode, trying to bounce into the right areas for multipliers and cash icons. I loved that.

Graphics are better, I agree. It's amazing, as with the speed of the game therer is no need to apply such detail!

The soundtrack is inherently gay.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1429855)   #13
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
It's an arcadey game, where you gain points for racing more daringly etc.....

It sounds rubbish to all you sim heads no doubt, but trust me. For all out fun, the Burnout series is unrivalled!

Having said that, I can't afford the new one because I'm moving into a place of my own soon.
Its definitley arcadey. And I don't like arcadey games at all.

Yes, I am a sim-head and you're right in saying, knowlesy, that it would sound rubbish to me (and other sim-heads). I played #1, #2 and #3. I'll admit that in #1 I enjoyed crashing into the odd bus and watching the replay but that got boring in 5mins and the other had nothing appealing to me about them. Fair enough.

Good luck on settling into your own place, by the way.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1430030)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's fun for the first few minutes but boring afterwards IMO.

The original Burnout at least had a hot chick in the passenger seat, even though she was just a blonde blob of pixels...

Oh wait,... that was Outrun!
Old 10 Oct 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1430075)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Thanks Paddy!
Old 23 Oct 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1441389)   #16
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1
If you guys and girls did'nt know Burnout Revenge was relesed yesterday in the U.k and all i can say is that you MUST get this game it is simply amazing. It's not really that much of a jump from Burnout 3 but still the game is amazing simply a must for your gaming collection. please discuss.........
I'd say that Burnout Revenge is a better game than Burnout 3, but Burnout 3 is more enjoyable to play. I haven't played on the game for a few weeks because I'm trying to complete Burnout 3, and I prefer that by a mile!
Old 23 Oct 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1441453)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm renting it now and... God, it's boring...