Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Nov 2001, 21:26 (Ref:171635)   #1
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest Autosport ETCC news

While I am careful to not treat what I read in Autosport as gospel, did any of you see the article concerning the agreement between all five makes who are to run the ETCC?

-Autosport says, in the Nov.1 issue-which we got today, that Alfa,BMW,Honda,Nissan and Volvo have agreed to using the SuperProduction Plus rules for the next three years.

There was no indication in the article that the S2000 rules will be brought in for 2003 as had been discussed. So it would seem that there will be one class in 2003 and '04 as well.

-While Alfa and Volvo would have liked the proposed S2000 rules to be used in 2002 (and certainly put into effect by 2003 as one assumes that they had spent a fair amount preparing for these rules already) they went ahead and bent to BMWs demands. The cars won't even have sequential boxes but instead an H pattern box.

The good news is that there should be even more cars racing next year than might have been forecast.

-The article goes on to say that Honda are building eight Civic Rs. This is a bit of a surprise as the cars and most of the R&D work will only be good for one year as they will have to run a four door in 2003. (maybe it will be a Civic 4 door????)

-In the Touringcar late news section they mention that the new Alfa 156 will be testing by December and that there are many who are looking to buy one according to the head of Nordauto.

If there are six Alfas and a similar number of BMWs, Nissans,Volvos and Hondas, I for one will be buying a big damn dish so I can watch Eurosport from here in Indy.

Kurt Maxwell
MaxSport
Indianapolis,IN USA

Last edited by MaxSport; 7 Nov 2001 at 21:32.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 10:10 (Ref:172407)   #2
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm glad that us Aussie's aren't the only ones who can't watch the ETCC on TV!
Old 9 Nov 2001, 11:08 (Ref:172418)   #3
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but you do get OZ V8s

MH- I will use that dish just as much for OZ V8 Supercars!

KM