Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jun 2000, 13:40 (Ref:16303)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Is there a website or a book that can be purchased that would have this information?
Old 8 Jun 2000, 15:05 (Ref:16311)   #2
Chris S
Rookie

Chris S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might help

There is a great book about Road America (purchased it from Amazon.com last year) that has quite a bit about SCCA in it. Another option might be to try contacting Peter Hylton through the National Office in Denver. Peter is the SCCA Historian and may have some good ideas. I might try putting this request on the W2W mailing list (the editor of SportsCar is on the list, as are many long-time SCCA members) to see if they have any ideas.

Chris Safranek
Old 9 Jun 2000, 16:44 (Ref:16462)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chris, thanks for the tips. I somehow believe that there has got to be a book available somewhere that has detailed race result information.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 19:55 (Ref:16485)   #4
Chris S
Rookie

Chris S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Fan -- I've got a good one for you, I think. Recommended by a W2W list member.

American Sports Car Racing in the 1950s by Michael T. Lynch, William Edgar and Ron Parravano. c. 1998. List $39.95, ISBN 0-7603-0367-3. Edgar is the son of John Edgar, Parravano the son of Tony Parravano, both big time entrants and sponsors (Shelby, Hill, Ginther, Gurney, etc) in Cal Club and SCCA stuff in the 50s. Very, very good book.

Chris Safranek
Old 9 Jun 2000, 20:08 (Ref:16487)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Chris Thanks but I am already aware of that book. It cocentrates on three top teams and I think that it does list the winner of each race and the result of each teams cars but I am looking for more detailed results. However, this may be the best that there is in print.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 09:56 (Ref:18455)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just wanted to bring this topic back to the top, in the hope that someone new might see it.

Because, Joe, I have been hunting for SCCA results for a long time, too. And I'm trying to get them while based in the UK, so I only have a fraction of the clues to work on.

I can't even find a definitive list of all the races there were under SCCA jurisdiction.

By the way, the Lynch, Edgar & Parravano book is an absolute cracker. I had it shipped over when it came out. But you're right. It's by no means the definitive reference we're looking for.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 12:46 (Ref:21110)   #7
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last week I went to the Road America website to check the results of the June Sprints SCCA event.

I didnt link to it, but the site did have a hotlink to the SCCA website. If they do not publish results of all past races, they may be able to set you in the right direction.

If I have a chance, I will find the address of the SCCA site and post it here.

Good luck.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 18:07 (Ref:21435)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

I got an e-mail from the author of "Time and Two Seats" which stated that he is working on a book that will have SCCA race results from the 50's and 60's (and I assume all of the major races up to now). It is scheduled to come out late next year.