Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2001, 02:28 (Ref:177101)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little bro's is making it a habit

Quote:
Williams driver Ralf Schumacher believes that he is not as close to team boss Sir Frank Williams as the team's newest driver Juan Pablo Montoya.

"I don't know exactly why, but Frank and Montoya are closer," Michael Schumacher's younger brother told Germany's Motorsport Aktuell newspaper Tuesday.

"Frank loves Juan. But that hasn't detracted from the atmosphere on the team. Montoya was new to us last season. Perhaps that's why he is enjoying more attention."

After approximate equal performances in the first two thirds of the season, Montoya had the edge over his team-mate in the final stages of the season.

"The rivalry between Juan and me has not yet resulted in a collision," said Ralf, who has a contract with Williams to 2004. "We have the same goal in front of us. We want to bring the team forward."

"The defeats at the start of the season had a positive effect on Juan. He realized that life in Formula One isn't as easy as he thought it would be."
What is with this guy. Does he know the meaning of "SHUT UP". He has something to say every week. Even Irvine is looking smart compared to little bro...LOL

Sir Frank is said to like Real racers. Wonder why little bro has not figure that one yet.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 04:24 (Ref:177118)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is turning into a real sook. No wonder Sir Frank likes JPM better. He does his talking on the track.

IMO Sir Frank sees in JPM what he saw in Alan Jones, Nigel Mansell and the like - a real charger and trier.

Ralf used to be the golden child in the team, but since he's had competition from JPM (and dare I say it, Button), that mantle he used to hold has been whipped out from under his feet, and he don't like it!
Old 21 Nov 2001, 05:31 (Ref:177136)   #3
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine Frank Williams ringing up Alan Jones and asking "What do you think of this Ralf fellow who is driving for me?".

Anyone care to venture how interesting that would be?
Old 21 Nov 2001, 11:48 (Ref:177196)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
"G'day mate, err sorry I meant Sir Frank. So what's with this guy you employed who can't keep his trap shut. You wanna take him round the back of the garage and set Patrick on him. I mean mate, if he doesn't like the car mate, then get rid of the little twerp mate."
Old 21 Nov 2001, 12:38 (Ref:177211)   #5
srinimax
Racer

srinimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well if ralf keeps shooting his mouth off asking for preferential treatment without any basis for it, its only going to make things worse. given his recent statements, he's been bad pr for williams while montoya has done the opposite. jpm actually said that he didnt expect to do as well as he did and gave a lot of credit to the team and the car. so ralf, anyone in frank's place would like jpm more than you. watch and learn, and shut up.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 13:17 (Ref:177222)   #6
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Passing Beyond Belief

After this interview. I am resolved to be surprised by nothing Ralf says any more. Wonder what Sir Frank is thinking?
Old 21 Nov 2001, 13:22 (Ref:177226)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
He's scratching his head, dialling Patrick Head and going through Ralphy's contract with a fine tooth comb!
Old 21 Nov 2001, 14:29 (Ref:177264)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

This kind of comments might give some hope to Button for 2003. I don't see how little bro might think that this kind of comments are going to help his cause.

Just thinking how some people around here still believe that little bro was the winner in 2001 compared to Formula Juan makes me wonder what are they looking at other than the final point standings. I don't recall a case where a new commer to the team has rattled his experimented teammate in the way Formula Juan has. Probably Senna in 88 was somehow similar but even then Prost gave him a fair battle all the way to the last races.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 15:43 (Ref:177291)   #9
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we should all club together and buy Ralf "The Plot" for christmas, 'cos he seems to have mislaid it....
Old 21 Nov 2001, 16:22 (Ref:177308)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
hahaha what a good idea! It's a bit like the old sketch 'The Presidents Brain is Missing'
Old 21 Nov 2001, 20:53 (Ref:177435)   #11
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

Just thinking how some people around here still believe that little bro was the winner in 2001 compared to Formula Juan makes me wonder what are they looking at other than the final point standings.
Hmmm...I'm looking at pretty much the entire season leading up to the Monza GP....will that do .

But while were on the subject, I use the term "winner" extremely loosely. I really don't think it's fair to clasify either one the winner while labelling the other a loser. They both prooved they could perservere with top qaulity equipment. Therefore they are both winners at this survivors game .

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 21 Nov 2001 at 20:54.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 00:54 (Ref:177551)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"I really don't think it's fair to clasify either one the winner while labelling the other a loser."

Well...RD...something i finally agree with you!
Old 22 Nov 2001, 09:19 (Ref:177617)   #13
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Imagine Frank Williams ringing up Alan Jones and asking "What do you think of this Ralf fellow who is driving for me?".

I'd tell him Ralf is a ****er and Moff agrees

I'd also suggest he sacked him and give Paul Tracy the seat

Seriously though, how stupid is Ralf ???
He's acting like a beaten man when he actually beat JPM points wise this year!!
Notice I said pointswise

Ralf, give it up.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 14:44 (Ref:177711)   #14
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is the same as when you have a pet dog.
You pay attention to it when it begins barking, but if it keeps doing so for a long while you just ignore it....
If Ralf keeps nagging the team... he should do this
Old 22 Nov 2001, 17:32 (Ref:177780)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Little bro's is making it a habit

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Frank loves Juan. But that hasn't detracted from the atmosphere on the team. Montoya was new to us last season. Perhaps that's why he is enjoying more attention."

It's impossible not to love a latin

PS.: No modesty. Brazilians are not exactly latins...
Old 22 Nov 2001, 17:59 (Ref:177798)   #16
facco
Racer

Re: Re: Little bro's is making it a habit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Brazilians are not exactly latins...
Who told you so? I learned at school that I am latin and so are you brazilians ... at least for Language matters.

Last edited by facco; 22 Nov 2001 at 18:01.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 18:23 (Ref:177811)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, ask an argentinian
Old 22 Nov 2001, 21:55 (Ref:177882)   #18
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by srinimax
well if ralf keeps shooting his mouth off asking for preferential treatment without any basis for it, its only going to make things worse.
Um yes, I can see from that interview that he is clearly asking for team orders:

Quote:
"I don't know exactly why, but Frank and Montoya are closer," Michael Schumacher's younger brother told Germany's Motorsport Aktuell newspaper Tuesday.

"Frank loves Juan. But that hasn't detracted from the atmosphere on the team. Montoya was new to us last season. Perhaps that's why he is enjoying more attention."

After approximate equal performances in the first two thirds of the season, Montoya had the edge over his team-mate in the final stages of the season.

"The rivalry between Juan and me has not yet resulted in a collision," said Ralf, who has a contract with Williams to 2004. "We have the same goal in front of us. We want to bring the team forward."

"The defeats at the start of the season had a positive effect on Juan. He realized that life in Formula One isn't as easy as he thought it would be."
It's one thing to comment on something he has said - it's quite another to put words in his mouth.

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 22 Nov 2001 at 22:01.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 21:56 (Ref:177884)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
And by the way - I doubt I'll reply on this thread again as I just get a lot of rubbish (seeing as I can't use a stronger word) from people on this forum whatever I say.

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 22 Nov 2001 at 21:59.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 11:00 (Ref:178040)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Steph don't mind with BBKing... he just does that to get you on your nerves

BBKing stop playing the blues...
Old 23 Nov 2001, 13:19 (Ref:178081)   #21
facco
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Well, ask an argentinian
What for, hon, sorry, bon? If they say you are not latin is just because if you are off the list they can be in a higher level in ranking.

RG, talking about being mature enough......
coughs
Old 23 Nov 2001, 14:58 (Ref:178106)   #22
BBKing
Veteran

The last time I met an Argentinean we talk about being or not latin/latino. He said that people from Argentina are not "Latinos", they are "Italo Southamericans". I still laugh about it everytime I remember. How much more latin can one be if one has Italian origins?....LOL

Since little bro is making the case against himself I am not basshing him as I used to. I think RG is not complaining about me in this case. Even if she does I can understand where is she comming from. I am sure little bro is making hard for her to remain loyal...LOL
Old 24 Nov 2001, 11:36 (Ref:178411)   #23
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know a year ago, I would rubbish Ralfie by going over his poor results in '97,'98, etc.

Now I can sit back and watch Ralf do the business on himself.

Beautiful mate!
Old 24 Nov 2001, 12:38 (Ref:178436)   #24
Wiki
Racer

Wiki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Little bro's is making it a habit

Have another look at what Ralf actually said (that's the bit in quote marks) and tell me what isn't true ....

"I don't know exactly why, but Frank and Montoya are closer."

fair enough, some drivers are closer to team owners than others, but where in the interview does Ralf say this is a bad thing? Where does he complain that it affected his season? Where does he say "frank should love me more, I've been here longer??"
If he had said "Frank and Montoya are closer AND that mean's he gets better equipment" then you could accuse him of being a sook, but not one word he says in there is a complaint.

in fact ... he says it doesn't make a bit of difference to him if Frank and Monty get on well
"Frank loves Juan. But that hasn't detracted from the atmosphere on the team.

"The rivalry between Juan and me has not yet resulted in a collision ... We have the same goal in front of us. We want to bring the team forward."
Which for those of you who don't understand English so clearly means: "Yes we compete, but not to the detriment of the team yet ...." And show me a team where the team-mates don't compete?? (Ferrari being notable exception)

Er so was this the moaning bit you were talking about?? Because if it is then I'm confused because Monty admitted the self-same thing. He DID come into F1 thinking it was easier than it looked, he did find the early season defeats hard, so he worked hard to overcome them ... and he did!

Why do so many people on here find it impossible to admit both Ralf and Monty had a really good season ... you know more than one driver in a team can score points in the same race. To build one up does not mean you have to knock one down!

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see a Williams 1-2 at the top of the WDC next year - but my money is still on Ralf to take the top slot. I might be wrong, but I'm not going to delve into pointless character assasinations to try and justify myself.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 19:44 (Ref:178541)   #25
BBKing
Veteran

Yeah. Sure. Other drivers are talking about their teammates getting along "being loved" by their team bosses therefore what little bro is saying is nothing out of ordinay. They are also consistently taking about teamorders.

Like it or not little bro is making a fool of himself.