Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Mar 2004, 22:32 (Ref:906429)   #26
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hear, hear - Matra everytime! Go www.matrasport.dk
Old 15 Mar 2004, 23:14 (Ref:906476)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
Matra...
Yes, I can't disagree with that, although I was never actually at Le Mans when it raced there.
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
Anyone got any MP3's or .wavs to share?!? I'd love to hear some in action
Nick Mason's book into the red has a CD with it that has the sounds of many cars recorded in action. Most are lapping Silverstone. You get in car, from the trackside and starting up. There are many Sportscars in the book: Frazer Nash Le Mans replica, D-Type, Maserati Birdcage, 250GTO, 512S , Ferrari 365 GTB/4, 935 K3, Ferrari 512BBLM, Lola T297 am a 962.

They all sound wonderful. There is also a decent mix of single seaters on the disk (including a BRM v16 - yes the manage to get it to run for long enough sorry off forum topic).

I like the D-Type noise too - it is remarkable that so many road cars come with the same engine. I also think straight 6s are under rated in the noise sense.

I like the 512s. It is not only scarey, but also the peak of automotive noise, I think.

I think I may have to put that CD on now...

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Mar 2004 at 23:15.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 23:24 (Ref:906497)   #28
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Matra best because the sound is kind of like a combination, of scream, rumble, and wail...and the narrow angle and wide angle motors sound different. The narrow has more of a scream and the wide more of a rumble.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 00:27 (Ref:906543)   #29
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't been to Le Mans, but at the Bathurst 24hr GT race, the'03 Rollcentre Mosler on overrun, backfiring etc. also, mosler on Pit limiter.... Thump thump thump!
Holden monaro 427 changing from full throttle to brakes, made a real doomp noise... enough to stop your heart. Although they may be clumsy, the aural presence of big-cube V8s cannot be doubted.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:56 (Ref:906705)   #30
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
P.S.: Oh, I see that Fab also said Mazda and Matra - I am in good company...
I'm am too

For those who appreciate engine's sounds : ACO edited two years ago a CD of sounds, including the Matra engine...
Old 16 Mar 2004, 05:59 (Ref:906706)   #31
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ummagamma
Matra Simca MS 670!!!!!
I don't think that Matra and Simca were linked for this race program ; M.A.TRA = Mécanique, Aéronautique, TRAction (if I can remember) was a warfare maker, Jean-Luc Lagardère says that he wanted to make it look younger to attract new talents (ingeneers)... Matra and Simca were linked afterwards to built road cars...

Quote:
Originally posted by gfm
Hear, hear - Matra everytime! Go www.matrasport.dk
Oops, sorry, everything is said here !

Last edited by Fab; 16 Mar 2004 at 06:00.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:38 (Ref:906780)   #32
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
late 50's DB Panhard !!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 16 Mar 2004, 20:37 (Ref:907466)   #33
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I don't think that Matra and Simca were linked for this race program ; M.A.TRA = Mécanique, Aéronautique, TRAction (if I can remember) was a warfare maker, Jean-Luc Lagardère says that he wanted to make it look younger to attract new talents (ingeneers)... Matra and Simca were linked afterwards to built road cars...
Oops, sorry, everything is said here !
Fab, Matra-Simca was the official mark in championship and on entry lists.
Roll on Matra-Simca revival !
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:31 (Ref:908484)   #34
fmhc
Rookie

fmhc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here are some of the best sounds I have recorded
250 TDF, 512 S, 365 GTB4 GRIV
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:33 (Ref:908488)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those are terrific fmhc - thanks for sharing them with us and welcome to the forum....
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:45 (Ref:908511)   #36
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
late 50's DB Panhard !!!
Impressive two cylinders !
Old 18 Mar 2004, 18:31 (Ref:909530)   #37
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the DBs too!

The Moretti 750s from 1956 (yes, I'm that old). They were capable of turning a lot of revs for that time period; something like 8000...
Old 20 Mar 2004, 19:14 (Ref:912565)   #38
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz pushrod Ford engine.

-Jamie Hyneman