Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Mar 2020, 22:30 (Ref:3963178)   #4751
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
While a nice thought and brief chance for rumour, Cole stepped in as Adam wasn't available and he'd been lined up on standby. So nothing g more to it than that. He did enjoy his run out so maybe the desire for a return is still there?
Thanks for confirming, didn't think there would be much substance in it as Rowbo seems to have his funding covered and obviously it's Adams family team, just a bit of a surprise to see him driving
Old 11 Mar 2020, 22:34 (Ref:3963182)   #4752
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Thanks for confirming, didn't think there would be much substance in it as Rowbo seems to have his funding covered and obviously it's Adams family team, just a bit of a surprise to see him driving

Adams family team, sounds a bit spooky if you ask me! (I know slightly different spelling)
Old 11 Mar 2020, 23:07 (Ref:3963192)   #4753
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
dont' make sense

if he wanted out, business wise it would have made much more sense to try and sell/loan his TBL or find a pay driver (or more) to drive his Civic
Yes, I think TOCA came to an arrangement with him so he didn’t sell it on.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 01:24 (Ref:3963210)   #4754
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can keep quoting that, but I guarantee you that if the right entry offer came along that situation would change. There's already provision in the regulations to offer two additional entries.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 05:59 (Ref:3963266)   #4755
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
You can keep quoting that, but I guarantee you that if the right entry offer came along that situation would change. There's already provision in the regulations to offer two additional entries.
My reason for posting it was to highlight that the statement on their own website specifically included the line that it will not be reissued. If they wanted to retain the option, why bother to include that remark?

I wonder if it was intended to avoid such rumours? Gow has repeatedly said he wants a smaller grid, and they have been clear that it will not be reissued. If they go back on that, they will be questioned on their integrity.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3963275)   #4756
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Completely agree, yes Gow wants to reduce the grid but he also changes his mind now and again and its his perogative to do so if he feels its right for the series.
There have always been the 2 spare licenses and if he's that keen to reduce the grid why wouldn't he just say "we scrapped 3 TBLs"?
If circumstances came about that were in the benefit of the championship I'm sure they would be considered a guest entry.
Maybe a major manufacturer wanting to join in 2021 wanting to run a non point scoring entry with a prototype? Or giving the hybrid test vehicle a run in race conditions.
Yes TOCA have said they won't re release it this season but it would not be the biggest shock in my lifetime to see it used at some point
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:40 (Ref:3963283)   #4757
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Random shower thoughts, probably nonsense:

There was a recent TOCA press release saying that Cosworth would be starting testing the 2022 hybrid system this year using an existing race car. There are a few unused spare cars that could be acquired for that purpose, notably Moffatt's old Merc. Could this be Cole getting a bit of mileage in a non-hybrid car ready to take up a testing role?
I was wondering about this 'test car' - is a team lending Cosworth an existing car (that isn't being used for the 2020 season) for the hybrid development with the aim of getting some early set up info?

What cars are (mostly) whole which could be used?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:46 (Ref:3963285)   #4758
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I was wondering about this 'test car' - is a team lending Cosworth an existing car (that isn't being used for the 2020 season) for the hybrid development with the aim of getting some early set up info?

Simpsons Civic
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3963291)   #4759
AJ.fan
Rookie

AJ.fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post

Simpson's Civic, The Subarus, Moffatts Merc, the Alfa, a Team Hard VW, a Motorbase Focus RS

No way the Subarus will be used tho
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3963292)   #4760
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
If circumstances came about that were in the benefit of the championship I'm sure they would be considered a guest entry.
Maybe a major manufacturer wanting to join in 2021 wanting to run a non point scoring entry with a prototype? Or giving the hybrid test vehicle a run in race conditions.
Yes TOCA have said they won't re release it this season but it would not be the biggest shock in my lifetime to see it used at some point
If all those cases are non point scoring, technically a TBL wouldn't be necessary, so not necessary to issue one.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3963293)   #4761
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR livery -

https://twitter.com/bmwukmotorsport/...485145089?s=21

Looks really good in black, reminds me of the eBay 1 series days.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3963294)   #4762
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a yes from me 😎

http://www.btcc.net/2020/03/12/team-...back-in-black/
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3963296)   #4763
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
It looks awful in black. Although at this rate no one is going to get to actually see it in person anyway. Pretty certain no public are gonna be allowed at round 1 or the launch day test next week.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3963298)   #4764
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Looks good IMO.

Different colour-scheme, but broadly similar in style to the HARD. RCIB cars this season.

No one referring to them as WSR Team BMW First Racing with Allianz Assistance and cinch yet?

Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3963299)   #4765
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.fan View Post
Simpson's Civic, The Subarus, Moffatts Merc, the Alfa, a Team Hard VW, a Motorbase Focus RS

No way the Subarus will be used tho
I was wondering whether a Subaru might be considered an option for comparison between RWD and FWD?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3963301)   #4766
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
There's already provision in the regulations to offer two additional entries.
Where in the regulations is that please?

I have looked and the only reference I can see is:

'Guest Competitors may be permitted to compete in the Championship. Please refer to Regulations 1.6.1, 1.11.1.a and Commercial Undertaking 6.5.4.'
'Guest Competitors may be permitted to make guest appearances at the sole discretion of the Administrator and subject to such conditions as he may stipulate from time to time but subject to meeting the requirements of Sporting Regulation 1.3.2. The Administrator, as a condition of registration and entry, will always stipulate that no guest driver may score points or be awarded prize money in the Championship and that his/her Race results will not be used for the determining of weight handicap.'

I might have missed it - but I can't see anywhere that refers to a guest requiring a TBL, or that two TBLs are retained for guests.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:29 (Ref:3963302)   #4767
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.fan View Post
MG6s and the original Infinitis. Dynamics have a Civic, although that might be used in TCT again. BTC still have 2 Civics they haven't used since 2018.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:30 (Ref:3963303)   #4768
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
MG6s and the original Infinitis. Dynamics have a Civic, although that might be used in TCT again. BTC still have 2 Civics they haven't used since 2018.
Time for the Proton to comeback? 😂
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:31 (Ref:3963304)   #4769
Pickles
Veteran

Gow does usually reference the fact that 2 (now 3) TBLs are held by TOCA and can be issued. If he was that hell bent on reducing grids they wouldn't keep these extra licences available, they'd just write them off
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3963310)   #4770
Pickles
Veteran

Hyundais breaking cover at Snetterton today:

https://www.facebook.com/12069743796...qcCvBNL9o778K6
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3963311)   #4771
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
WSR livery -

https://twitter.com/bmwukmotorsport/...485145089?s=21

Looks really good in black, reminds me of the eBay 1 series days.
It looked better in white.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3963313)   #4772
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Hyundais breaking cover at Snetterton today:

https://www.facebook.com/12069743796...qcCvBNL9o778K6
Look great so far. Brilliant that they also have both cars running before Media Day.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3963315)   #4773
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gow has repeatedly said he wants a smaller grid, and they have been clear that it will not be reissued. If they go back on that, they will be questioned on their integrity.
You mean like happened with Andy Neate?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3963323)   #4774
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Look great so far. Brilliant that they also have both cars running before Media Day.
WICK-ED!
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3963326)   #4775
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd prefer the BMW if they ran silver or white rims. Never really liked black rims on race cars or road cars.