Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1999309)   #1
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport and GT2

On Armchair Enthusiast; "I've Cancelled Autosport" thread the editor says that they are to run a special GT2 feature in a few weeks time, what would you like to see in it experts?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1999320)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Personally a comparison between the actual street car and the GT2 version for each of the cars raced.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1999321)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The cost of running a 430 GT against a 997GT3 RSR campaign..... in the Fia , LMS or ALMS would be interesting .
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:02 (Ref:1999376)   #4
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Personally a comparison between the actual street car and the GT2 version for each of the cars raced.
YES!

Add in a comparison with GT1 also then any fan who reads Autosport will know just what is, and is not.

Bob
Old 29 Aug 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1999438)   #5
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think what the autosport guy has in mind is more like 'what GT2 car would Lewis Hamiltion have in his garage'
Old 29 Aug 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1999450)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is unfair; there will be a lot of "Expert View"s I am sure. However I am thinking of changing the title of this thread to what GT2 car would Lewis Hamiltion have in his garage to attract more readers.

He promises that it is a good article, and I look forward to it. What I would like to see in it? I doubt I'm being realistic, it is probably just about one aspect, but here goes:

An article on a team that races GT2, a comparison of the cars, a track test of the 911. A review of the year so far. A discussion on the future of GT2. And a retro 911s at Le Mans through the year, with amateur racer Adam Ashmore testing them all!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1999475)   #7
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
A brief review of the evoloution of GT2 over the years, then maybe a section on the likely cars of the future.

An article on a team that races GT2 would be good, highlighting their problems getting exposure in the motor sport press!

(If the name Hamiltion appears I hope it is attached to Adrian or Duncan first!)
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2000397)   #8
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
Sean Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ Badger, do you really want to know the cost, you will probably die of a heart attack, the budgets in GT2 are too big...

@AdamAshmore, I asked Lewis and he did not know all the cars in GT2, when I told him the list, he said that he would like the Ferrari(dam you lol)!

@Nordic, Tell me about it, if you win or are on the podium in FIA GT2, ALMS GT2 or LMS GT2 you get about 4 lines, it is like we dont exist... And GT1/LMP1 get 2 pages, when most of the time the GT2 race has been better, sucks.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2000438)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'd be interested in something covering the evolution of GT2 through the ages, as it were.

On a more realistic note, a proper breakdown/analysis of the major GT2 racing stuff going on this year would be cool. The comments before RE a comparison of the racing GT2s with the road going versions I would personally find thoroughly interesting.

In the end, given it is Autosport, I expect a few massive pictures combined with a few largely true if unspectacular sentences stuck somewhere where there is space. All in all, it will probably be disappointing: but, apparently, this will be because I a numpty who should be ignored because I am not the editor of the magazine (thus, my opinion, whilst keenly wanted, should, and will, be ignored, since, you see, I am neither a Hamilton obsessive nor in agreement with the editor).

Yeeeeeehaaaa!

Last edited by Dutton; 30 Aug 2007 at 22:03.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 22:18 (Ref:2000452)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Edwards
@AdamAshmore, I asked Lewis and he did not know all the cars in GT2, when I told him the list, he said that he would like the Ferrari(dam you lol)!
Actually Lewis is more of Merc GL man; at least that is what we told me!

Not really a GT2 kind of car, more LMP1.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 06:35 (Ref:2000616)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
I don't think you know Lewis (or Lou to his close mates) as well as you make out.

When I met him for lunch at McDonalds to Tuesday, I asked him what GT2 car he likes most, after a brief phone call to Ron (Dennis not McDonald) he asked what GT2 was.

Jenson Button on the other hand is trying to get a seat in a GT2 car for next year.

So far no team has expressed an interest.

Last edited by Nordic; 31 Aug 2007 at 06:41.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:06 (Ref:2000896)   #12
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[quote=Sean Edwards
@Nordic, Tell me about it, if you win or are on the podium in FIA GT2, ALMS GT2 or LMS GT2 you get about 4 lines, it is like we dont exist... And GT1/LMP1 get 2 pages, when most of the time the GT2 race has been better, sucks.[/quote]

Mr Edwards, have you read the "Ive Cancelled Autosport" thread on Armchair enthusiast? Your coments would be very apposite
Old 31 Aug 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2001089)   #13
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
@Nordic, I only karted with him and messed around with him and Nico Rosberg (our dads know each other from when they raced F1 in the 70's together and me and nico lived beside each other in monaco and went on many holidays together). Lewis also instructed me in formula renault in 2004, so no, I don't know him at all

Ps, he defo don't go to Mcdonalds haha!

LOL at JB comment!

@old man, no I have not seen it, link?
Old 1 Sep 2007, 02:01 (Ref:2001154)   #14
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
@Nordic, I only karted with him and messed around with him and Nico Rosberg (our dads know each other from when they raced F1 in the 70's together and me and nico lived beside each other in monaco and went on many holidays together). Lewis also instructed me in formula renault in 2004, so no, I don't know him at all

Ps, he defo don't go to Mcdonalds haha!

LOL at JB comment!

Didn't realise you were a member here Sean.

How'd you like the 24 Hours of Spa?
Old 1 Sep 2007, 07:01 (Ref:2001198)   #15
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
I don't know him at all

There, told you so!

Is he more of a Burger king kind of bloke?

(I guess your dad is Guy Edwards? if so I remember watching him in in Group C and Grp 5 plus the odd F1 race)

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97401

ere is the the other thread old man mentioned.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 09:32 (Ref:2001224)   #16
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
Yes, I pop in every so often when I have some spare time. Spa was great and finally we got the podium we deserve, as we should have had 3 already...

Yep, burger king, spot on!

Yeah that's him, group C was proper racing, wish it was like that these days!

Cheers, will look later.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 11:43 (Ref:2001274)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Sean Edwards]@ Badger, do you really want to know the cost, you will probably die of a heart attack, the budgets in GT2 are too big...QUOTE]

Yeah ..... Id like to know where the differance is between running a 997 against a 430 .... where the parts differ in expense and why so ?
Old 1 Sep 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2001280)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I guess your dad is Guy Edwards? if so I remember watching him in in Group C

Nice pic of Edwards-Keegan in a Fitzpatrick 956 .....

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-04-23-055.jpg