Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Jul 2000, 17:48 (Ref:26993)   #1
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just about had enough of the appalling coverage of the Champ Car series this year by Eurosport on Digital Cable TV or Analoge Cable/Satalite. It seems that the only way to watch it is to fit a hugh dish on your house that can pick up amercian tv such as ESPN! (If that is possible??)

I urge all Europeans to register their disgust by emailing them via their website. It's about time a premier series like this got unedited live coverage including qualifying, pre and post race interviews and took precedence over recorded tennis and football matches of the under 16's championships!!
Old 30 Jul 2000, 17:57 (Ref:26995)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's no better in Canada. Most of the races are live, but we usually have to listen to half-witts Paul Page and Parker Johnstone.

I would take the Eurosport guys any day over ESPN/ABC's coverage.

ESPN/ABC usually doesn't have any pre/post race stuff anyway. And they still interupt Cart races with Golf/Tennis/baseball.

They do show qualifying in the US, but if you've ever been to a Cart race, you know that Cart qualifying is no more exciting than practice. F1 quali is more interesting. In Cart you might as well just get the timing sheet when it is all done.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 19:11 (Ref:27009)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i couldn't be bothered. they won't change it.
and anyway, i'm used to it now.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 19:50 (Ref:27027)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Jay.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 20:27 (Ref:27038)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
European Eurosport is not replying to whatever e-mail you send them.
What's worse, they don't even stick to their broadcasting schedules.
I wanted to see the 1 hour summary of the last Champ Car race which was Thursday from 22.00 to 23.00 hours.
I was busy so I taped the race.
Much to my annoyance they started at 22.45 and all I saw were the first 20 minutes.
But maybe, with another European in Champ cars next year (Johnny) and races at the Lausitzring and Rockingham, they will change their attitude.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 13:26 (Ref:27227)   #6
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
I know now why PDC (Program Delivery Control) was invented on VHS videos. Except I don't think Eurosport supports it!!
Old 1 Aug 2000, 10:39 (Ref:27467)   #7
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason that the coverage is **** this year, is that the american network who sold the rights to Europe, just wanted to make money. They were not interested in the future of the sport in Europe, i have heard that even the american coverage is not very good. The good news is that Bobby Rahal has made it his main priority for next year to get the tv coverage right. This will deffinetly mean live coverage and possibly qualifying, it is not deffinet that it will be on Eurosport. It would be good if it went to sky sports, because there coverage of IRL, NASCAR and NASCAR Busch is very good. It shows how dedicated they are to motorsport during the indy 500 coverage, they stayed with the program for an extra 3h30min longer than scheduled, can you really imagine eurosport doing this?
Old 1 Aug 2000, 18:06 (Ref:27597)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABC stayed with the Chicago race until the Christiano crossed the line and then left imediately. They were already showing the credits on the final lap!

Incidently, this shows what a sad site Cart is. It's highest ever audience for any race was for the Golf cut US 500. People who were watching Tiger woods put a ball in a hole(ok that didn't soun good) continued watching the US500 and Cart got its biggest rating ever.

That's pretty pathetic.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 21:28 (Ref:27644)   #9
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Thats appalling! I live in the UK so I kind of expect it. But in the US I thought the coverage would be a lot better. In the US they seem obsessed with credits on programs at the start, during and before the end!. I bet NASCAR get's great coverage, I have never understood why so many people like it? It so boring, slow and outdated.