Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3558586)   #26
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just looking thru the race card and got to the 90's GT Legends, only one McLaren but a Merc CLK-GTR, well happy . The whole program looks great.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3558592)   #27
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am so looking forward to this. We've got a stand but you may not find us there very often it all looks so good.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3558610)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Superb entry for a lot of the races, particularly the super tourers. Shame there are no BMW 320s, but it's a massive field, really good to see. I hope the Volvo turns up, not seen one yet in the STCC.

On the group C, I was kinda hoping to see a XJR9, so it's a bit of a shame one isn't listed, there are a couple of 962s though, so that's great to see.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3558724)   #29
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had an email from Masters saying rest of the entry lists will be up online on Friday
Old 15 Jul 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3558747)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Superb entry for a lot of the races, particularly the super tourers. Shame there are no BMW 320s, but it's a massive field, really good to see. I hope the Volvo turns up, not seen one yet in the STCC.
Volvo S40 won't be there; the car is ready but the engine isn't. Jason Minshaw will be out in the M3 instead.

If you mean E36-shape BMWs there there is one, the Fielding / Morgan car, although technically it's a 318 rather than a 320. There might be an ex-South African 318 to be added to the list.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3558748)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Thanks.

Is there a printable version of that at all?
Old 15 Jul 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3558779)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks.

Is there a printable version of that at all?
Heavens! I did not think it was THAT bad!!!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3558803)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Sorry, I don't understand.

I was just after a printable version of that Silverstone Classic guide?
Old 15 Jul 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3558804)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just looking thru the race card and got to the 90's GT Legends, only one McLaren but a Merc CLK-GTR, well happy . The whole program looks great.
Two Listers, GT1 Lotus and Porsche 964 RSR down as 'static displays' only for 90s GTs - disappointed, loved seeing the Storm again last year (hope they keep up this idea despite fewer 'mobile' entries this year). Also not too sure why they put the Marcos photo there, when one hasn't even been entered!?

I noticed the Mazda on the Group C entry list - is this likely to be more hopeful than confirmed?

Otherwise grids looking fantastic in every event, can't wait - best spectator event of the season!
Old 15 Jul 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3558812)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand.

I was just after a printable version of that Silverstone Classic guide?
Sorry to confuse, blame a warped sense of humour.

Your post made me think there could be an 'un-printable' version.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3558818)   #36
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what time the woodlands site is open till? We are travelling down from Leeds Friday night and won't be there till going on 9:30 and would like to pitch our tent up.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3558833)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was manned 24/7.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3558842)   #38
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Sorry to confuse, blame a warped sense of humour.

Your post made me think there could be an 'un-printable' version.

Cheers,

Bob.
Ah yes, I had a sense of humour bypass. Very good. Touché...
Old 16 Jul 2015, 05:40 (Ref:3558889)   #39
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought it was manned 24/7.

Cheers for the reply, I hope it is!
Old 16 Jul 2015, 07:35 (Ref:3558905)   #40
NGAutoArt
Rookie

NGAutoArt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We are there exhibiting. Stand 35 in the tented retail area. Besides our racewear stuff, there will be a seriously good artist sharing the stand, chap called Neil Garner. Come along and say hello. All being well we will have HANS devices to try ready for next year.

Unlike Race Retro we won't have biscuits but as I don't have to drive back at night feel free to bring beer. Who knows how the discount will be affected by alcohol? ????
Hi Max. Thank you for inviting my work into your stand! I'm really very grateful, and looking forward to it!

Neil
Old 16 Jul 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3558946)   #41
midgetman
Veteran

Looking forward to seeing you there Neil.

For those who would like to see his work and can't make it to the stand, this is MinMM on his Alonso, captured by Neil.
Attached Thumbnails
Alex-pencil-sketch.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3558987)   #42
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Anyone know what time the woodlands site is open till? We are travelling down from Leeds Friday night and won't be there till going on 9:30 and would like to pitch our tent up.
There is security 24/7! I don't believe there is a certain pitch up time, but if you're concerned I'd just give them a call, but I'm 99% sure you can go whenever you please
Old 16 Jul 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3559003)   #43
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm afraid it's my humour street as well!
Old 16 Jul 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3559041)   #44
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A simple search on Google tells you they are open 7am till 11pm for new arrivals.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3559043)   #45
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
A simple search on Google tells you they are open 7am till 11pm for new arrivals.

I'd rather put my faith in you fine gents.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3559108)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'd rather put my faith in you fine gents.
.....who have probably just looked it up via google!
Old 18 Jul 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3559301)   #47
Nick Ellis
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Nick Ellis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,
Hurrah! tickets for Saturday just arrived.Really looking foward to seeing (at last) the
LEC CRP1 out in Masters F1.
I never actually saw the late-great David Purley race the LEC in period so am happy there are possibly 2 appearing next weekend.

At the British GP in 1977 i was there for the race only,DP had his shunt at Becketts
in Fridays practice so we never saw the car race.
Anyhow,lots to keep us all interested with Bentleys and other lovely Pre-war sportscars,big grids of U2TC,F1`s,Historic sportscars and GT`s galore.

Super Touring entry seems a little diluted this year,with far fewer Group A or Group 2 cars on the list although Steve Soper in i assume an ex-TWR Rover along with the JD Classics XJS should prove interesting.Where are all the RS500`s hiding this year?
James,my son and i will be at Mallory Park this Wednesday morning where there are usually 1 or 2 cars which are entered for Silverstone having a last `shake down` before the weekend.

All the best to all `tenthers` racing at the Classic,we will be around the paddocks on Saturday so we might get to say hello to a few of you and find out how your all getting on.
Old 19 Jul 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3559550)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We will be in Multi preparers park at the superior old pit end of paddocks.
Have two Talbots,Alta,Porsche and a very odd Morgan.Some mine and others owned by mates.
It will be touch and go with the Alta as the usual machining problem with final bits
Blokes only has them ten months
If anyone knows a decent machinist in East Anglia let me know as we have used the same bloke for years who is brilliant but doesn't know sbout calendars and time.
Pre War race Saturday, TT on Sunday
Will travel up daily
Old 19 Jul 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3559564)   #49
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Tickets arrived! Can't wait, missed last year so hope it's a good one with plenty of sun
Old 20 Jul 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3559672)   #50
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
We are in the international paddock, come say hello if you're there!