Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Aug 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3568733)   #1
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oulton Park Gold Cup Meeting Aug 2015

As I cannot find a thread for this one and it's 3 days away I though I had better start one - just in case it is needed.

The HSCC web site has a timetable but no entry list. That seems unusually late.

http://hscc.org.uk/images/Provisiona..._V1_130315.pdf

That having been observed the clashing Zandvoort meeting has neither entry list nor Timetable.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3568815)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
As I cannot find a thread for this one and it's 3 days away I though I had better start one - just in case it is needed.

The HSCC web site has a timetable but no entry list. That seems unusually late.

http://hscc.org.uk/images/Provisiona..._V1_130315.pdf

That having been observed the clashing Zandvoort meeting has neither entry list nor Timetable.
Great pity that the event clashes with Zandvoort! (BTW Masters have their entry lists for latter on website, plus timetable....)
Old 26 Aug 2015, 08:03 (Ref:3568846)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list from Gold cup website
http://www.oultonparkgoldcup.co.uk/n...-revealed.aspx

We are giving the meeting a miss this year, hope to return in the future.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3568875)   #4
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking the S type to Oulton for the Jaguar Heritage Challenge and HTC, 2nd race of which is the last race on Monday

Just checked the forecast
Old 26 Aug 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3568879)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. Strange I posted and the list link turns up on the HSCC web site ....

http://hscc.org.uk/images/Provisiona...old_Cup_V1.pdf
Old 26 Aug 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3568881)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Taking the S type to Oulton for the Jaguar Heritage Challenge and HTC, 2nd race of which is the last race on Monday

Just checked the forecast
As I recall this meeting is often a bit wet and windy. Delta's big truck awning was taken out a few years back iirc.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 12:10 (Ref:3568895)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR there on Monday running The Blaster Bates Trophy. Disappointing entry again though! Too much other stuff going on and holidays!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 26 Aug 2015, 14:57 (Ref:3568929)   #8
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and the Chev Camaro will be there for the Road Sports race. 20+ entries thank heavens, tho' still not as many as we have mustered in previous years.

Met Office weather is dry all day Sat and light rain Sunday morning. So we get a dry practise and a damp race at 1205 Sunday. The Meteo site forecast for Sunday is a bit more optimistic than Met Office....
Any Tenthers attending, come by & say hello,
Nick
Old 26 Aug 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3568933)   #9
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer those forecasts, BBC is giving heavy showers, thunder, locusts & frogs
Old 26 Aug 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3568935)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Nick,

I see the official web site has you in the latest promotional shot.

Colin,

I don't think the BBC are right about the Locosts but there seem to be a few Frogeyes entered.

Maybe also one or two of our friends from across the channel. I do miss the old standards when Nationalities or Towns were included in the entry lists so one knew where people seemed to be from.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3569017)   #11
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
Grant,
Thanks for pointing this out .... fame at last ! after 25 years racing !!

350 c.i. Chevrolet - gets to the parts that other cars can't reach ...
Nick
Old 27 Aug 2015, 05:46 (Ref:3569087)   #12
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure there's a market for a weather forecast search engine - put in your preferred weather choice and it finds an appropriate forecast...
Old 27 Aug 2015, 06:53 (Ref:3569092)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I'm sure there's a market for a weather forecast search engine - put in your preferred weather choice and it finds an appropriate forecast...
Just put in the weather for the post code, its been there for years !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Aug 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3569100)   #14
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Fords racing Monday pm, big entry, lots of fun. Some guy called Tiffany Eedle entered. Be sure to watch the race afterwards on our web site yootoobe coverage.

Have good one all.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3569129)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Always were a miserable set of so and so's at the beeb perhaps the forecast's will improve now they split with the met office, was Carol with the beeb or met office? be sadly missed if she was......
Old 27 Aug 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3569252)   #16
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in the Guards GTs. After Silverstone Classic I laugh in the face of the weather gods! Outboard motor attached and Hans substituted for life preserver.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3570223)   #17
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
How can you not enjoy yourself racing at Oulton ? Saturday and Sunday were dry, cloudy, with some sunshine - by the look of it, Monday has been a bit drizzly/slippery.

There were 22 on the Roadsports grid, not as many as we have mustered in previous year's Gold Cup meetings but it made for a very energetic race. The Ginetta G4s of Patrick Ward-Booth and Dave Boland were terrific and finished 3rd and 5th each with a 2m 02s best lap. There were good tussles going on throughout the field.

The Chev Camaro just beat John Shaw (911) to the finish line by 2/100ths - neither of us were sure who was ahead until the results came out. The spectators seemed to have enjoyed it as well.

It was well organised by HSCC and on the 2 days I was there, ran a tight schedule. What we need now is a few more Historic Road Sports entrants to bring their cars to such a good track - how could you miss it ?
Nick
Old 1 Sep 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3570439)   #18
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any photos from the Jaguar Heritage Challenge?
Especially cars #26 and #27 pretty please?
Old 1 Sep 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3570626)   #19
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always try and make the Gold Cup event - it's a great meeting. Was pretty busy this year but there's quite a bit gallery online now. Particularly enjoyed the Touring Cars race. Shame the weather wasn't nice and sunny but that's good old blighty. Oh and I enjoyed the rally stage, The Audi and 205 were awesome :-)

Here's some pics - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...n-park-photos/

cheers
Az
Old 2 Sep 2015, 07:45 (Ref:3570682)   #20
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az View Post
I always try and make the Gold Cup event - it's a great meeting. Was pretty busy this year but there's quite a bit gallery online now. Particularly enjoyed the Touring Cars race. Shame the weather wasn't nice and sunny but that's good old blighty. Oh and I enjoyed the rally stage, The Audi and 205 were awesome :-)

Here's some pics - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...n-park-photos/

cheers
Az
Brilliant shots there Az! good weekend for us, weather kept us on our toes with a last minute tyre change in "will it rain, wont it rain" conditions, but nice to have a run on slicks in the end. Shame we shipped some damage to one car, combined grids often lead to these sort of things when cars have different strengths and weaknesses. Still smiling though
Old 2 Sep 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3570724)   #21
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed this year's Gold Cup, shame about Monday's weather, but it was a fun 3 days all the same!

Here are some images of the closed wheel cars in action, open wheels to follow...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...57657650901648

Thanks for looking!
Old 2 Sep 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3570730)   #22
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson View Post
Brilliant shots there Az! good weekend for us, weather kept us on our toes with a last minute tyre change in "will it rain, wont it rain" conditions, but nice to have a run on slicks in the end. Shame we shipped some damage to one car, combined grids often lead to these sort of things when cars have different strengths and weaknesses. Still smiling though
Why didn't you stop off for a cuppa, you could have waited till it cooled and still won at a canter.
The entire meeting had the guys on my post spell bound by the racing, skill and were amazed at the lack of contact and respect given to each other. Comments from Oulton marshals saying it was the best races they'd seen in years are an accolade to you all. Well done, HSCC at its best AGAIN!!!!
Old 2 Sep 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3570832)   #23
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chigley I gave all the guys on your post the classic Gerry Marshall salute as a sign of my respect for all your hard work and got hauled before the Clerk of the Course.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 20:38 (Ref:3570843)   #24
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh911 View Post
Chigley I gave all the guys on your post the classic Gerry Marshall salute as a sign of my respect for all your hard work and got hauled before the Clerk of the Course.
Oh dear, that was unfortunate. I hope the clerks realised that the gestures were in jest because that was the way we took and returned them.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3570867)   #25
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was no problem you had already put in a good word--they also let me off for 2 collisions and exceeding track limits