Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: And the Bathurst winning driving combination will be....
#2: WAU Mustang : Percat/Coulthard 0 0%
#3: BRT Mustang : Hazelwood/Blanchard 1 3.45%
#4: BJR Camaro : Smith/Evans 0 0%
#5: Tickford Mustang : Courtney/Best 0 0%
#6: Tickford Mustang : Waters/Moffat 2 6.90%
#8: BJR Camaro : Heimgartner/Wood 0 0%
#9: Erebus Camaro : Brown/Perkins 1 3.45%
#11: DJR Mustang : De Pasquale/D’Alberto 0 0%
#14: BJR Camaro : Fullwood/Fiore 0 0%
#17: DJR Mustang : Davison/Davison 1 3.45%
#18: T18 Camaro : Winterbottom/Caruso 0 0%
#19: Grove Mustang : Payne/Estre 1 3.45%
#20: T18 Camaro : Pye/Luff 0 0%
#23: PremiAir Camaro : Slade/Webb 0 0%
#25: WAU Mustang : Mostert/Holdsworth 1 3.45%
#26: Grove Mustang : Reynolds/Tander 3 10.34%
#31: PremiAir Camaro : Golding/O’Keeffe 0 0%
#7: BRT Camaro : Love/Kostecki 0 0%
#34: MSR Camaro : Le Brocq/Ojeda 0 0%
#35: MSR Camaro : Hill/Robotham 0 0%
#55: Tickford Mustang : Randle/Jacobson 0 0%
#56: Tickford Mustang : Fraser/Everingham 0 0%
#88: 888 Camaro : Feeney/Whincup 4 13.79%
#96: BJR Camaro : Jones/Boys 0 0%
#97: 888 Camaro : van Gisbergen/Stanaway 7 24.14%
#98: DJR Mustang : De Silvestro/Allen 1 3.45%
#99: Erebus Camaro : Kostecki/Russell 6 20.69%
#888: 888 Camaro : Lowndes/Goddard 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Sep 2023, 06:06 (Ref:4178016)   #26
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As much as I hate it, I can't see a Ford on the podium. Camaro is a better package and 888 and Erebus making the most of it.
Picked 97 for the win, but really it will be one of the Red Bulls or Erebus Cars on the top step.
Old 24 Sep 2023, 06:43 (Ref:4178025)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel maybe that despite Jamie maybe having the yips at Bathurst, none of the codrivers hold a candle to either of 888s codrivers. Tander probably the next best.

Certainly both of the Erebus codrivers contributed heroically but the race was lost in the opening stanza.

Codrivers in Mustangs other than Kevin Estre seemed to only contribute offs and crashes.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4178334)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Estre didn't take long to get the hang of things.

He and Payne could be the strongest Ford next weekend.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4178344)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Estre didn't take long to get the hang of things.

He and Payne could be the strongest Ford next weekend.
Agree, Estre is a talent and I doubt that he'll let them down.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4178416)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great livery for the #98 DJR Ford Mustang.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 00:18 (Ref:4178449)   #31
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Agree, Estre is a talent and I doubt that he'll let them down.
Seen the Porsche doco 'Endurance'? He (and Matty Campbell) feature in that, its a bit old now but a good watch on a decent screen.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 01:04 (Ref:4178453)   #32
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Seen the Porsche doco 'Endurance'? He (and Matty Campbell) feature in that, its a bit old now but a good watch on a decent screen.
OK, I must take a look at the doco.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 03:23 (Ref:4178462)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Great livery for the #98 DJR Ford Mustang.
Why is the Shell yellow wrong though?

Also I can't help feeling that with all the other wildcards and teams having Sandown under their belts to work out the kinks, that this car is at a disadvantage.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 04:03 (Ref:4178465)   #34
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Also I can't help feeling that with all the other wildcards and teams having Sandown under their belts to work out the kinks, that this car is at a disadvantage.
I believe the #98 Silvestro / Allen DJR Shell Wildcard have a couple of days testing scheduled in the next days, previous testing plans postponed due to Simona's Appendix surgery.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4178485)   #35
Mixer
Veteran

Seems the Mustangs at Bathurst will be sporting new door panels to help them get down to minimum weight, and net them lower COG by doing so:'

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/27...s-for-mustang/

Interesting they have Tickford doing the bits... Maybe they should have had them to do the whole Mustang...
Old 27 Sep 2023, 23:52 (Ref:4178571)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Seems the Mustangs at Bathurst will be sporting new door panels to help them get down to minimum weight, and net them lower COG by doing so:'

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/27...s-for-mustang/

Interesting they have Tickford doing the bits... Maybe they should have had them to do the whole Mustang...
Rear panels as well.......great news.

https://www.supercars.com/news/modif...s-for-mustangs
Old 28 Sep 2023, 00:55 (Ref:4178574)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any testing on track of the new Ford parts before Bathurst?

Hope is not a strategy after all…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Sep 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4178624)   #38
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Any testing on track of the new Ford parts before Bathurst?

Hope is not a strategy after all…
I hope so, the violins are getting noisy
Old 29 Sep 2023, 04:52 (Ref:4178719)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to read the technical mob at V8Supercar are compromising on the final drive ratio for the race because the supplier can’t make enough in time for the event.

How long has this series been going?

I suppose the teams could do what WAU did at Sandown and put the wrong final drive unit in

More seriously.. Will we see engines pop if they are bouncing off the limit for too long into the Chase?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Sep 2023, 07:36 (Ref:4178731)   #40
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting to read the technical mob at V8Supercar are compromising on the final drive ratio for the race because the supplier can’t make enough in time for the event.

How long has this series been going?

I suppose the teams could do what WAU did at Sandown and put the wrong final drive unit in

More seriously.. Will we see engines pop if they are bouncing off the limit for too long into the Chase?
Maybe a speed hump before the chase? Cheapest option. A stop and go line halfway down Conrod? That would be interesting? And even cheaper. Sigh
Old 29 Sep 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4178740)   #41
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Test before Bathurst.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/09/28...at-qr/?image=4
Old 29 Sep 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4178746)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Coming to grips......I think there are new front panels on the car too.

https://www.supercars.com/news/de-si...-with-djr-ford
Old 29 Sep 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4178759)   #43
Mixer
Veteran

I'm fine with the door panels because that is enabling the current parity to work given DJR's porky Mustang parts, but but they seriously cannot hand the Mustang a new front bar at Bathurst without it being triggered under the parity rules.

If they do it's an absolute shambles where political tantrums override rules and science.

May as well just give the Fords participation trophy's and ballast everyone who wins until Tickford's latest cash cow can win by default.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 00:56 (Ref:4178832)   #44
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I'm fine with the door panels because that is enabling the current parity to work given DJR's porky Mustang parts, but but they seriously cannot hand the Mustang a new front bar at Bathurst without it being triggered under the parity rules.

If they do it's an absolute shambles where political tantrums override rules and science.

May as well just give the Fords participation trophy's and ballast everyone who wins until Tickford's latest cash cow can win by default.
A new front bar will be on the mustang and rightly so.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 01:21 (Ref:4178835)   #45
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are lining up and setting up camp sites already.

Sigh I wish I was going this year...........I think
Old 30 Sep 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4178850)   #46
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
They are lining up and setting up camp sites already.
Given the amount of people who still say “I thought Bathurst was on the long weekend” (not that the Supercars-run race ever was), I’m not surprised a few are there already
Old 30 Sep 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4178937)   #47
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Camaro is a better package
That's what the urgent interim parity changes will be there to address and why Chevrolet Racing will be fully in support of increasing their shift cut to 125ms.

Tander & Reynolds should be on for the victory. David always goes well at Bathurst, as does Garth.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4179031)   #48
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting how the entire season has panned out with the parity changes, and how long it's been dribbling out these changes. Then after the last race Sandown, where six Mustangs were in the top ten, with most of the front runners taken out early. Supercars have collected all this data from somewhere? To make all these changes before the very next race? The biggest race of the year.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4179044)   #49
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Interesting how the entire season has panned out with the parity changes, and how long it's been dribbling out these changes. Then after the last race Sandown, where six Mustangs were in the top ten, with most of the front runners taken out early. Supercars have collected all this data from somewhere? To make all these changes before the very next race? The biggest race of the year.
That's the way supercars do things, manufacturers and teams are not allowed to make changes themselves.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 02:49 (Ref:4179084)   #50
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Tander & Reynolds should be on for the victory. David always goes well at Bathurst, as does Garth.
Reynolds form at Bathurst is in the past, as is his form in general. Why do you think Grove flicked him and he's off to pay driver land with Team18. Not even Alistair Mcvain is going with him.