Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2023 Repco Championship Series?
Brodie Kostecki 12 70.59%
Shane van Gisbergen 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Nov 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4186756)   #26
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I had to look up what Channel 7 is.
hahahahaha

Foxtel FTW
Old 21 Nov 2023, 23:51 (Ref:4186804)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I had to look up what Channel 7 is.
The channel that has all the horse racing on it.
Except the Melbourne Cup
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Nov 2023, 03:40 (Ref:4186834)   #28
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Larkham: Erebus would be worthy champions

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/11/21...thy-champions/
Old 22 Nov 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4186843)   #29
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The channel that has all the horse racing on it.
Except the Melbourne Cup
No sacred sites.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:42 (Ref:4186971)   #30
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
It was only practice 1 but surprisingly there were more blue cars at the pointy end, if the track was wet then that may have helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2qIxybm90

Last edited by bluesport; 23 Nov 2023 at 07:05.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:55 (Ref:4186972)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
It was only practice 1 but surprisingly there were more blue cars at the pointy end, if the track was wet then that may have helped.
There were two Super3-spec Nissan Altimas at or near the top of the Super2 as well
In the old days of bespoke hand made chassis, it used to suggest the cars were soft and floppy..
Old 24 Nov 2023, 00:56 (Ref:4187061)   #32
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KAYO - I wish they had a Push Notification feature to let me know when the UTES have finished. I turn off when they come on, but would like to know when to turn back on again.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 02:40 (Ref:4187085)   #33
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Randle, Waters Brown top the chart in practice 2.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 07:25 (Ref:4187101)   #34
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Kostecki, Reynolds and Payne top qualifying.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 07:55 (Ref:4187103)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It’s getting a bit serious huh..
Still steering issues at #97, a lunched engine in #88… something seems off balance over there…
Old 24 Nov 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4187112)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Still steering issues at #97, a lunched engine in #88… something seems off balance over there…
KRE builds the engines, doubt that it's the teams fault.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 10:00 (Ref:4187113)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
KRE builds the engines, doubt that it's the teams fault.
The team admitted to having a problem with the engine at a ride day and they persisted on running it on a championship race weekend?

Seems odd..
Old 24 Nov 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4187139)   #38
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oops! They should be running the new Tickford steering rack, but 888 hubris makes that rather unlikely just as they refuted the Erebus gear lever mount...

Quote:
The team admitted to having a problem with the engine at a ride day and they persisted on running it on a championship race weekend?
You are only allowed to run the engines in the sequence Supercars intends AFAIK. I.e., you can only change the engine with approval.
Old 24 Nov 2023, 22:39 (Ref:4187191)   #39
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Seems odd..
Oh I see, I wasn't aware of that.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 00:05 (Ref:4187197)   #40
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If SVG is still having steering troubles, why don't some 888 representatives go down to the Tickford truck and buy some Tickford steering racks at emergency pricing?

It's an approved part now, so there's no legality issue.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 01:00 (Ref:4187203)   #41
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
If SVG is still having steering troubles, why don't some 888 representatives go down to the Tickford truck and buy some Tickford steering racks at emergency pricing?

It's an approved part now, so there's no legality issue.
That's a good idea, I'd like to see that.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 04:30 (Ref:4187226)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No need.
Game over

Congratulations to Brodie Kostecki, 2013 Repco V8Supercar Champion
Old 25 Nov 2023, 05:18 (Ref:4187229)   #43
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I watch Ford running in 7 of the top 10 places I can’t help thinking of the poster here who maintained that the poor performance of the Mustangs had nothing to do with technical parity issues but was simply because the Ford teams were doing a bad job.
Miraculously and by the greatest of coincidences can we now assume that the Ford teams are suddenly doing a better job once the parity was adjusted?
Old 25 Nov 2023, 06:12 (Ref:4187231)   #44
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t know if Adelaide is overhyped or these new cars are too easy to drive but there never seems to be as much drama in the races these days as the past. Don’t get me wrong it’s still a decent race at the front but it all feels slightly processional, same for most races this season.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 06:44 (Ref:4187234)   #45
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
As I watch Ford running in 7 of the top 10 places I can’t help thinking of the poster here who maintained that the poor performance of the Mustangs had nothing to do with technical parity issues but was simply because the Ford teams were doing a bad job.
Miraculously and by the greatest of coincidences can we now assume that the Ford teams are suddenly doing a better job once the parity was adjusted?
Yes, it's most curious to say the least.

Somehow Ford runners seem more competent when they have equal or superior parity, just as Chevrolet runners seemed more competent when they had equal or superior parity. Who'd thunk it!

Not being at a disadvantage makes you seem more competent?! What a revelation.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 06:48 (Ref:4187235)   #46
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I don’t know if Adelaide is overhyped or these new cars are too easy to drive but there never seems to be as much drama in the races these days as the past.
The centre-of-gravity is lower (and track is wider, more inherent roll stiffness) so the Gen 3 cars don't roll as much nor jump as high over kerbs, but that is no reason to create less action in and of itself.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4187238)   #47
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I don’t know if Adelaide is overhyped or these new cars are too easy to drive but there never seems to be as much drama in the races these days as the past. Don’t get me wrong it’s still a decent race at the front but it all feels slightly processional, same for most races this season.
A bit less desperation on the first lap by a couple of young guns may have made for a better spectacle.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 07:51 (Ref:4187239)   #48
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kostecki's Teamate Takes Out Title Contender SVG screamed the headlines!

Not since John Cotter ran into John Smith has there been such controversy.

Fortunately, it was far more innocent than that.

Well done Brodie!
Old 25 Nov 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4187240)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
How did the Ford homologation team go?
Old 25 Nov 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4187242)   #50
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Kostecki's Teamate Takes Out Title Contender SVG screamed the headlines!

Not since John Cotter ran into John Smith has there been such controversy.

Fortunately, it was far more innocent than that.

Well done Brodie!
.........and well done Erebus.