Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2023 Repco Championship Series?
Brodie Kostecki 12 70.59%
Shane van Gisbergen 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Nov 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4187245)   #51
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Erebus. For Shane, one day m8 and it's all over, I know you can't wait, one more sleep. The DQ in round one was a setback, I know the team is still dirty on that, get it in writing next time guys. But the on on on going issues with the 97 car this year is all 888. For whatever reason the team has been dishing up rubbish round after round? I don't know if some of it may have been Shane not in a good headspace with the new car, or Supercars in general? It was like watching the star player carrying and injury all season. Anyway Brodie has done a good job all year, well done.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4187269)   #52
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How did the Ford homologation team go?
DJR were mediocre, unfortunately.

Fortunately, Tickford, Grove and WAU were strong, and it may not even be necessary for Ford Performance to urgently sign Erebus Motorsport for the 2024 season? It could be that Erebus Motorsport do not have such an inherent skill advantage over these other teams after all, despite many pundits claiming that?
Old 25 Nov 2023, 22:45 (Ref:4187336)   #53
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Not much talk about the Ford 1,2,3 in race#27.
Old 25 Nov 2023, 23:04 (Ref:4187339)   #54
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Will Brown car will on the grid today?
Old 25 Nov 2023, 23:14 (Ref:4187344)   #55
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Wonder if Will Brown car will on the grid today?
It will be a great effort by the team if they get it onto the grid, the car looked a mess.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 04:16 (Ref:4187372)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All 3 of the damaged cars (MSR 35, 888 97 and Erebus 9) are on the grid..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Nov 2023, 04:17 (Ref:4187373)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go Todd!
Old 26 Nov 2023, 06:21 (Ref:4187377)   #58
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Race #28 another win for Ford with Matt Payne unstoppable.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 06:40 (Ref:4187378)   #59
Ares
Racer

Nine Mustangs in the top twelve. Are we still talking about the Mustang needing more engine. Engine looked pretty strong today.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 06:56 (Ref:4187379)   #60
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Nine Mustangs in the top twelve. Are we still talking about the Mustang needing more engine. Engine looked pretty strong today.
It certainly doesn't appear to be the case but the off-season testing is still going ahead, most of the camaro teams are somewhat off the pace of Erebus and T8 though.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 07:13 (Ref:4187381)   #61
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very controlled win from Payne today. Similar to Feeney's breakthrough last year. The changing of the guard to the younger brigade is about the only positive thing I have say about this season. It's been a total ******** from beginning to end.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4187382)   #62
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Very controlled win from Payne today. Similar to Feeney's breakthrough last year. The changing of the guard to the younger brigade is about the only positive thing I have say about this season. It's been a total ******** from beginning to end.
Agree it hasn't been good, hopefully next year will be better.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4187396)   #63
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erebus Brilliant.
Said it a few weeks ago Payne amazing. He will get courted!
Kostecki Flawless and humble.

Is it just me or does it seem like SVG threw the toys out of the cot the past 6 months.
Seems a little dirty about the whole series and deal to me.

Last edited by Sandgroper; 26 Nov 2023 at 14:25.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4187443)   #64
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Erebus Brilliant.

Is it just me or does it seem like SVG threw the toys out of the cot the past 6 months.
SVG didn't have the best of seasons this year compared to previous years, he was prepared to give it a red hot crack on saturday but everything went south very quickly.
Old 26 Nov 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4187444)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Mystery issue.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/van-gisb...cars-swansong/
Old 26 Nov 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4187446)   #66
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There were 11 Camaros in the top 20 so everything is fine. /sarcasm

It's funny how some have gone quiet on this topic, and the miracles of inept Mustang runners suddenly becoming competent and taking 4 from 4 victories once a package backed by comparative CFD to the rival vehicle was implemented (and vice versa for Chevrolet runners suddenly going backwards in races and tripping over themselves).

The cynic would say Mustang runners had perfectly competent skills at engineering and driving a race car all along, but had a parity disadvantage...
Old 26 Nov 2023, 23:14 (Ref:4187452)   #67
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How did the Ford homologation team go?
Did they outscore the Chevrolet homologation team this weekend?
Old 26 Nov 2023, 23:45 (Ref:4187456)   #68
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
There were 11 Camaros in the top 20 so everything is fine. /sarcasm

It's funny how some have gone quiet on this topic, and the miracles of inept Mustang runners suddenly becoming competent and taking 4 from 4 victories once a package backed by comparative CFD to the rival vehicle was implemented (and vice versa for Chevrolet runners suddenly going backwards in races and tripping over themselves).

The cynic would say Mustang runners had perfectly competent skills at engineering and driving a race car all along, but had a parity disadvantage...
You could go as far to saying that the Mustang may have an advantage.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 07:16 (Ref:4187466)   #69
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Erebus Brilliant.

I don't think he's thrown his toys, I'd say behind closed doors he would be displeased with the car he has been given this year, who could blame him for that. Supercars have blacklisted Shane since he spoke out earlier in the year. Blacklisted him all this weekend, no interviews, not even a few words on the grid before his last race in the series. He wasn't even given a chance to thank the fans when he received the award on the grid. Very strange. Contrast Shane's final round with how CL was sent off, Black&White. Interesting how a guy can go from loving SC to wanting to get the **** out in a matter of a couple years. Verstappen can speak his mind in F1, do that in SC and Skaife is sending you messages to shut your mouth, Management is also putting pressure on everyone to sing only from their song sheet. Looking like a toxic dictatorship. All the window dressing will not hide it forever. There is more politics in motorsport than actual on the track racing. the sport is mostly passion driven, which is why things can become very toxic very quickly.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4187489)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

I genuinely don’t think SvG felt the love..
That’s actually very sad..
Old 27 Nov 2023, 09:50 (Ref:4187490)   #71
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very poor form by the Supercars Gods not to recognise SVG’s last weekend in the championship.

Hopefully Shane can give them the middle finger when he his on the podium next year in NASCAR land.

SVG just hasn’t looked happy this year in my opinion.
Old 27 Nov 2023, 09:51 (Ref:4187492)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post

SVG just hasn’t looked happy this year in my opinion.
He did in Chicago…
Old 27 Nov 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4187515)   #73
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think he's thrown his toys, I'd say behind closed doors he would be displeased with the car he has been given this year, who could blame him for that. Supercars have blacklisted Shane since he spoke out earlier in the year. Blacklisted him all this weekend, no interviews, not even a few words on the grid before his last race in the series. He wasn't even given a chance to thank the fans when he received the award on the grid. Very strange. Contrast Shane's final round with how CL was sent off, Black&White. Interesting how a guy can go from loving SC to wanting to get the **** out in a matter of a couple years. Verstappen can speak his mind in F1, do that in SC and Skaife is sending you messages to shut your mouth, Management is also putting pressure on everyone to sing only from their song sheet. Looking like a toxic dictatorship. All the window dressing will not hide it forever. There is more politics in motorsport than actual on the track racing. the sport is mostly passion driven, which is why things can become very toxic very quickly.
I totally agree = Blacklisting