Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:58 (Ref:561558)   #26
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVRfan, were you there???

The funniest bit was the CDL TVR leaving the pits for 3 laps behind the safety car during the lunch break on sunday and spinning straight onto the grass at Redgate!! Good result for them tho.

Good finish from them, and although you sorta have to feel for Rob Barff, all drivers want to win, and to lose it because of a back marker was gutting, but that was race one on the year.

Looking forward to Snett now.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:29 (Ref:561740)   #27
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
The funniest bit was the CDL TVR leaving the pits for 3 laps behind the safety car during the lunch break on sunday and spinning straight onto the grass at Redgate!! Good result for them tho.
I missed that! Who was driving?
Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:36 (Ref:561743)   #28
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i missed that too, whoops! ill be starting my work experience at snetterton, hopefully, shoulda been at donnie but Martin Short was in barca. could turn out to be a good season this. did anyone else think that the clio didnt look like it belonged. gotta feel sorry for the ultima guys tho, what a great first lap, now they have to keep it up for 75mins, god help them at spa
Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:48 (Ref:561751)   #29
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at MST, how can I tell who was driving and when, and therefore which driver was quicker, eg. Le Bas and Cole.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 16:18 (Ref:561796)   #30
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can't, even the circuit commentators rely on the teams telling them
Old 7 Apr 2003, 16:28 (Ref:561820)   #31
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just as an side. One of the Le Mans TVR's well be out in the next round........
Old 7 Apr 2003, 17:00 (Ref:561857)   #32
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Actually probably both - albeit one only as a shakedown
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:53 (Ref:561965)   #33
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piglet, it was an eventful lunchbreak...

TVR spun (I think Steve was driving) and the Ultima broke down.

Perhaps Dave was driving the Seat Safety Car too quickly for them?
;-)
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:59 (Ref:561970)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Looking at MST, how can I tell who was driving and when, and therefore which driver was quicker, eg. Le Bas and Cole.
peter Le Bas startedx the car and went through to around 35 minutes if I remember correctly. Ricky certainly recorded the slowest lap!!!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:03 (Ref:561973)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Actually probably both - albeit one only as a shakedown
Cool, it just a shame I can not get there
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:35 (Ref:562025)   #36
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
It has to be said that Shane Lynch has will have made a bit of a name for himself with that performance. I was working Post Two (Redgate) and I was impressed at how long he kept the screws on the Moslers without doing anything rash then taking his chance with some aplomb.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 20:26 (Ref:562100)   #37
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what happened to the girl power car? oops...i see it in another thread. sorry

Last edited by kdr; 7 Apr 2003 at 20:30.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:08 (Ref:562596)   #38
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know why the vette was so slow on that last lap, when it went past the chicane it cut out, pretty much and was very spluttery before, sounded to me like lack of fuel? anyone elaborate, also did it lose any places?
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:18 (Ref:562603)   #39
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Yep - out of fuel, lost several places - The road car engine coupled with the racecar ecu led to something of a miscalculation
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:28 (Ref:562612)   #40
ben owen
Rookie

ben owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For people who think the Clio does not belong's in the GT cup class it is a GT car that is how Renault advertise the car. We only got the car finished on Tuesday night and it will not be on the pace till Knock Hill. We looked at running a GT3 but we wanted something different. watch this space
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:15 (Ref:562647)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Clio is a nice (I have a 1.2L Clio) and powerfull car and indeed it's different. But in my imagination a Clio is not a GT. But I wish you very luck in the season.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:28 (Ref:562657)   #42
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
peter Le Bas startedx the car and went through to around 35 minutes if I remember correctly. Ricky certainly recorded the slowest lap!!!
It doesn't look like that from MST's PDF booklet. Are you sure? Was Cole quick or slow in general?
Old 8 Apr 2003, 13:41 (Ref:562807)   #43
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Sorry JR - just checked again it was the other way around Ricky started and Peter finished! (note to self, read what you wrote yesterday before posting!!)

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 8 Apr 2003 at 13:43.