Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 May 2004, 19:46 (Ref:971220)   #26
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Tim you need to understand that Italian fans watch nothing but F1 and Rallying.

In the Group C years, the crowds were tiny in the early years, and only grew by staging the race at Monza year after year, and building the support through word of mouth.

I would expect Silverstone and Nurburgring to be big success' and to attract 25,000+ and Spa anything upto 40-50,000+

If Italian fans watch nothing but F-1 and WRC, then they don't DESERVE to host a race that was a good as this race was (I followed it on this site -- courtesy of Fab! -- and the LMES Timing and Scoring....)

I'll be that you could pick just about any other European country on a given weekend and the LMES would have drawn more than 3,000 fans....

I understand about building an event and the value of word of mouth, etc....

but Sorry...that's just plain pathetic....and they even had some "Prancing Horse" entries in GTS and GT to cheer for!!!

I totally agree with the assessments of the other three LMES races....and the crowds in the U.K. could be even bigger than that....look at how many British contributors there are on this Forum alone...and how many go across the Channel to Le Mans each year...

I see the Silverstone event as a BIG success.....the German crowds love good racing, too...and Spa is Spa....if sportcars there don't motivate a gearhead to go there to see a race, then the gearhead must have died...therfore he COULDN'T go...

Just to make sure I'm clear on this:

I'm not bashing the LMES...it's the alleged Italian racing fans that I'm giving a shot to on this one....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 May 2004, 20:21 (Ref:971252)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Monzq is more for the teams than the fans. If fans come to the event, its a bonus.

They had a DTM event somewhere in Italy that drew less than 5,000 last year.
Old 14 May 2004, 20:32 (Ref:971263)   #28
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree that monza was a race for the competitors. in my mind monza is a GREAT sportscar track and images of the LMP1 cars blasting through parabolica are just beautiful... can't wait to see these wonderful cars at the other tracks this year.
Old 14 May 2004, 20:35 (Ref:971270)   #29
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't wait to see the highlight show on June 6th....

especially that finish!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!