Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What is your favourite class?
GT1 21 39.62%
GT2 1 1.89%
GT3 0 0%
LMP 1 9 16.98%
LMP 1 GTP 18 33.96%
LMP 2 2 3.77%
LMP 2 GTP 0 0%
DPs 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jan 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1194552)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is your favourite class of Racing?

Just wondering what everyone's favourite class of racing here is, so here goes. For me its the GT1 class, purley because the cars IMO look great and added to that u can identify them to a degree with the road cars they originate from. With a LMP u cant do that IMO, all they are to me is a dressed up F3000 level single seater with bodywork and happen to weigh a little more.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1194566)   #2
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 years ago i never would have voted for GT1, but i just have to at least for this year, because I will be very excited to see the Mazzas, the AMs, the Ferraris, Corvettes, Saleens and Lambos race all in one category!
Old 6 Jan 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1194571)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I voted for LMP1 GTP

BTW Where are the DP's?
Old 6 Jan 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1194589)   #4
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'am going to have to go with GT1. I think this is where people will be looking at as the new future of Sportscar, and GT racing.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1194594)   #5
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP2 I guess, maximum performance with a roof over your head
Old 6 Jan 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1194607)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm fond of GTP and old Group C.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1194644)   #7
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted lmp1 GTP but i prefer DP.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1194653)   #8
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick B

Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1194660)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMP1....

Fast, sexy, high-tech....the whole package is by far my favorite

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1194686)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's very easy for me - Both.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1194694)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LMP's with rooves - that's the ones for me.....
Old 6 Jan 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1194839)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
My favourite class of racing, is multi-class racing.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1194881)   #13
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dps for me...though I liked the old GT1, but didnt see any when they were out...just watched LM recaps with them...
Old 7 Jan 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1194920)   #14
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I voted for LMP1 GTP because I really do think that the closed roof cars are the ones that will be remembered long after, and they look like a million bucks (these days I guess, what, $25 Million?). I just hope the grid has the open LMP's too, since I still also love the driver being out there in the elements a bit.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1194970)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
BTW Where are the DP's?
Fair enough ; I edited the poll (not too late this time, I hope...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick B
Argh ! Too late again ! Patrick, I voted for Dps above to balance your own vote (I'd vote for LMGTP myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
My favourite class of racing, is multi-class racing.
I'll second that... variety, variety...

Last edited by Fab; 7 Jan 2005 at 06:40.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1195055)   #16
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well i vited GT1 assuming that u ment the new GT1 regs for 2005. otherwise if u ment GT1 back in the days of the CLK GTR i would have said GT2 with the vipers. at first i liked the old GT1 with the Mclaren F1 but when porsche came in with ite special 911 i thought the class went downhill
Old 7 Jan 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1195264)   #17
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Notice that a lot of pilots prefer LMP1 that GTP because of the heat inside the cockpit. For spectators it's also easier to recognize the helmets.
But, the aero of GTP makes them gorgeous.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1195461)   #18
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest It's thecomplete package only Gt1 wouldn't be nice and only Lmp would not be nice either. I'll love the realworld look of GT1 But I love it to see an LMP slicing trough a field of gt's. I like the porsche's RSR cause if if would win the lottery I have a chance of buying such a car for real from a factory and win class victories and I just love the noise they make.
Old 8 Jan 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1195952)   #19
racer11
Rookie

United States
florida
racer11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMGTP for me as well, its as close as I can get to old group C racing from back in the day. BTW since when is there P2GTP? Wouldn't that be a DP with a little more speed?

Last edited by racer11; 8 Jan 2005 at 16:59.
Old 8 Jan 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1195954)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktsax
well i vited GT1 assuming that u ment the new GT1 regs for 2005. otherwise if u ment GT1 back in the days of the CLK GTR i would have said GT2 with the vipers. at first i liked the old GT1 with the Mclaren F1 but when porsche came in with ite special 911 i thought the class went downhill

But from an eye-candy point of view, it has never been better since...... (IMO)
Old 8 Jan 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1195957)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, some suprising results so far. I expected the GTS/GT1 class to be popular, but I didnt expect it to be as popular as its proving to be here! Perhaps GT1 really is the class of the future..
Old 9 Jan 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1196829)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, of course you've split prototype voting into GTP and P1 (which is now both closed and open), and it's unclear whether by GT1 you meant the late-90's or 2005-onward.

I voted for P1 because I prefer prototypes. I'd love for someone to do some closed-cockpit P1s, but I still love the P900s we have now...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jan 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1196844)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
LMP's with rooves - that's the ones for me.....
Absolutely.
GT1 cars are nice, but they're not racing cars in the strictest sense to me. That doesn't mean they can't make good racing, enter races etc. I class touring cars, rally cars and motorbikes in the same way. They look like road going vehicles, converted to racers.
I do think that is what gives the race the gentleman racer, good fun, fairly relaxed in many ways feel about it. Le Mans would definitely be the poorer without them. But the prototypes is where the real race is...
Old 10 Jan 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1197498)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well ..... LMP-1 used to be my favourite until they came out with this stupid looking ride height . So its GT1 for me !!! They are really spectacular looking cars ..... when they zip past doing 200 plus on the Mulsanne where im normally hiding for an hour or so in the race ..... hee hee !!!