Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3762132)   #76
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well that was coming. Two bulls running down a narrowing alley...
Yeah. Was a little ugly by both but the alley was made more narrow by the Ford.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3762133)   #77
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Once again Milner takes out the #3s competition for the championship in the last minutes.bull ****
Devils advocate here, but if the 66 didn't drive the 4 off the road and then wide in the corner, he'd have never spun on the dirty tyres. They were both at fault for that one.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:10 (Ref:3762135)   #78
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Hindy noticing the BMW Bonnet. It does it on all the M6s, GTD included.
In this race - John Hindhaugh notices something he's been looking at all year.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3762138)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Devils advocate here, but if the 66 didn't drive the 4 off the road and then wide in the corner, he'd have never spun on the dirty tyres. They were both at fault for that one.
^this.

It's late in the race, both were pushing, shat happens and the 66 gets a warning for blocking so that's that.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3762139)   #80
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The warning was for Briscoe blocking Fisichella though, not the #4/#66 incident.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3762142)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Bowties
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3762143)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
The warning was for Briscoe blocking Fisichella though, not the #4/#66 incident.
Oh. Thanks. I misheard that.

EDIT: The warning was given to the 66 for the incident with the 4. Just went back and confirmed it. The incident was investigated and Mueller (not Briscoe) received the warning, per fox broadcast.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 27 Aug 2017 at 20:26.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3762146)   #83
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I expected the corvette to win because bop but not like this so good for them.was not expecting the BMW to take off like they did but to bad they had a tire issue in the last minutes,not Porsche for once.

Gtd was good,glad to see the factory teams have miserable races were they don't belong.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3762153)   #84
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Once again Milner takes out the #3s competition for the championship in the last minutes.bull ****
The 66 caused that incident!

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3762327)   #85
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
VIR always seem to provide great races - this year was no exception, very enjoyable to watch.

It's just awesome to see the cars hopping the curbs and getting some air!

An additional, separate prototype race would be welcomed though.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3762330)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
VIR always seem to provide great races - this year was no exception, very enjoyable to watch.

It's just awesome to see the cars hopping the curbs and getting some air!

An additional, separate prototype race would be welcomed though.
If they were to send prototypes that's the only way but with the old PCs gone a just DPi/P2 race might not look so great. And adding LMP3 would be tough since I think a few of the PC series teams run both LMP3 and Lites cars
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3762375)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The 66 caused that incident!

L.P.
Looked like the Ford thought he was ahead going into that right hand turn. Neither wanted to yield but the Ford's nose was ahead of the Vette from the onboard. I think it's a racing incident.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3762436)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not sure how the Ford being ever so slightly ahead of the Corvette tells us anything here.

The actions of Mueller blocking / double move on the straight and then moving the Corvette wide into the dirty portion of the track attributed to the incident more than anything Milner did.

I guess Tommy's mistake was trying to pass him and Mueller's was trying to not let him. I agree, it was mostly a racing incident, once it got to the actual breaking zone.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3762438)   #89
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not sure how the Ford being ever so slightly ahead of the Corvette tells us anything here.

The actions of Mueller blocking / double move on the straight and then moving the Corvette wide into the dirty portion of the track attributed to the incident more than anything Milner did.

I guess Tommy's mistake was trying to pass him and Mueller's was trying to not let him. I agree, it was mostly a racing incident, once it got to the actual breaking zone.
Agreed. Could argue that if Mueller had driven cleanly then the accident would never have happened.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3762930)   #90
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I got to see the race finally from the youtube replay. Could not follow it on Sunday. Some thoughts:

1) TV quality broadcast just awesome. VIR is a very very TV friendly track.

2) Great to have Owen T on the broadcast. He is good as I have heard him a lot on the Sportscar Unleashed podcast which I highly recommend (scunleashed.com)

3) Very interesting race. Even with all of the contact. Big props to race control to keep it green flag the whole way. Really helps make the all GT races look very good and proper. Big showcase for all GT racing once again. There has not been a bad one yet.

4) I had a feeling despite the domination that BMW was in trouble with their fuel in the last hour. The contact with the #4 which I did not know until I read the post race report was not the ultimate reason why it did not win.

5) Can't blame BoP for this one. The #3 Corvette executed a flawless race. They are the deserved winners.

6) The Porsche GT team has some work to do for sure! Seemed to be struggling to run ahead of the #16 Change Lambo in the early stages. Let alone running with the GTLM's.

7)Great to see the Change team finally get the victory. Well deserved and overdue.

8) Hey Lexus: Fire Sage Karam. He is a hack. Alon has to go too.

9) Katherine Legge's career is looking shaky too. She has NOT been impressive at all. I thought this year was her chance to shine. And she has simply not gotten the job done. I am gutted for the MSR Acura team. 2 straight double DNF's is not deserved.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3762932)   #91
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Credit to IMSA, they did their best to avoid the FCY. How times have changed.
Great job from B Barfield I agree. I wonder if he intentionally holds back the yellow flag a bit more in these all GT races and treats the situations differently than if the prototypes were in it. I do think in particular he wants to make sure these all GT races go full green the whole way. Which is fine. It makes the all GT races look much better because of it.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3762962)   #92
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looked like the Ford thought he was ahead going into that right hand turn. Neither wanted to yield but the Ford's nose was ahead of the Vette from the onboard. I think it's a racing incident.
The 66 got a yellow card from IMSA (blocking) for the incident. Hence the cause of the incident.

L.P.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3763042)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I got to see the race finally from the youtube replay. Could not follow it on Sunday. Some thoughts:

1) TV quality broadcast just awesome. VIR is a very very TV friendly track.
Wish they had showed more of the straight on shot of the "high point" of the esses instead of behind; we can see the front wheels come of the ground at full tilt. Just the coolest part of the coolest section of one of the coolest purpose built circuits in the world. I found myself yelling "show the other angle!" numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Great job from B Barfield I agree. I wonder if he intentionally holds back the yellow flag a bit more in these all GT races and treats the situations differently than if the prototypes were in it. I do think in particular he wants to make sure these all GT races go full green the whole way. Which is fine. It makes the all GT races look much better because of it.
If we're talking about the Lexus in the tires at Oak Tree, it's rare to see a car there and is one of the (if not) slowest corners on the track. Not much of a danger, especially when the drivers heed the local yellow.

But I agree. Was happy that there was the appearance of sitting on the double yellows for a little while, allowing drivers time to remove themselves from danger.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 03:12 (Ref:3763096)   #94
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Mueller deserves a penalty for intentionally accelerating into the #3 when they were already slowed down in the grass as much as anything. This isn't NASCAR, nobody's making enough money from TV drama to pay for that chicken ****.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3763144)   #95
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Mueller was just trying to spin the tires to rotate the car a bit to get past the front of the Corvette so he didn't have to wait.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3763168)   #96
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It looked more ugly than it was. Damage was done by then and it was really just ever so slight insult to injury at that point.

Mueller knows what he did - I can see how people might see it both ways...
Old 8 Sep 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3765307)   #97
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Is anyone else annoyed by all the talk of teams trying to outperform each other on pit stops? With the fueling being what everyone is waiting on at the end, there is no competition amongst teams to be fastest or whatever. It's just who's fuel flow is faster. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is, so all the excitement over pit stop performances are pointless.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3765308)   #98
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Just finished the race today. Had to avoid the forum till then. Was a good race. Corvette keeps getting good results despite not being the fastest, which is fun to see. Sage karam seems kinda dumb. I guess he fits in on a team run by gentilozzi. Risi seems cursed, but still a good finish.

Beautiful track. Never been, wish I had when I lived in Virginia beach. Always prioritized petit obviously, and also it was mostly a grand am race when I lived there. Maybe some day. Why couldn't they put up some fencing with a small area in the middle for fans to walk back to oak tree and view from inside the track? There's a lot of open space there that could be made a viewing area. Same for any small area on the outside of the front straight or something to provide a view of that section. Otherwise it's a gorgeous track. It, mosport and road atlanta all have similar shapes, and all three are beautiful.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3765319)   #99
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Just finished the race today. Had to avoid the forum till then. Was a good race. Corvette keeps getting good results despite not being the fastest, which is fun to see. Sage karam seems kinda dumb. I guess he fits in on a team run by gentilozzi. Risi seems cursed, but still a good finish.

Beautiful track. Never been, wish I had when I lived in Virginia beach. Always prioritized petit obviously, and also it was mostly a grand am race when I lived there. Maybe some day. Why couldn't they put up some fencing with a small area in the middle for fans to walk back to oak tree and view from inside the track? There's a lot of open space there that could be made a viewing area. Same for any small area on the outside of the front straight or something to provide a view of that section. Otherwise it's a gorgeous track. It, mosport and road atlanta all have similar shapes, and all three are beautiful.
There's more racetrack on the inside.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3765431)   #100
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There's more racetrack on the inside.
Yeah, but some movable wall sections could be sst up over them. Like at road Atlanta where there's a track turn that cuts between turn 5 and the back straight that is walled off to allow spectator movement.