Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3831909)   #626
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK, we camp at TR every year, and it is a very popular site, unlike the other sites it is marked pitches but on a first come basis so you choose your pitch, for that reason it is usually the first choice for early arrivals and by tuesday is already very full, after that it is hard to find a good spot. Access in and out is easy apart from the slow travel alongside the circuit during busy periods. You can easily walk to the TR corner entry point and catch the tram into the city, and only a short trip to the huge carrefore for supplies. You can also walk to shops or to the decathlon for equipement. Yes it is noisy during the race and qualy sessions but security is good and you can see the track from the campsite. However getting camping tickets is very difficult and you will need to get your order in with an agency soon to get a chance of one, the ACO and tourist office have waiting lists for the passes they have. Other sites are also good with Houx and maison Blanche having allocated spaces if you arrive Wednesday or after. Beermountain has good discriptions of all the sites so have a look on that site.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3831913)   #627
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah beermountain is familiar and excellent quide. I thought the tickets ACO is having for tertre rouge, is coming available at the same time they start to sell tickets for the event? So is there now some waiting list already for next year? This year we arrived tuesday so that would be ok. Yes the tram is very handy but we used it just once during the week. Travelling by car is more important. Would be awesome to catch up with some veteran goers at TR
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3831917)   #628
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO ticket sales is a strange system on opening (for aco members) most of the sites already show as sold out, but i know they reserve some for regular members, The tourist office does a similar thing. I know that first tickets seem to have TR tickets but aware that there allocation sells out very quickly too. Not sure i have ever meet any Fins on the site, mostly Brits, Dutch and French, with quite a few Danes/Germans/Belgiums and Norwegians thrown in, so very international, most groups now seem to be very mixed as most people camp in the same spot next to the same people every year.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3831924)   #629
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have met couple of finns during the years, this year we didn't tho. Hope we can be first finns u meet on TR. Maybe i'll put some email to ACO about the tickets. Don't believe it makes any difference but lets see. Noisiness in the campsite is just a plus for me to be honest.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3889896)   #630
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Could anyone confirm if the Flexotel Village is where the Antares Parking is shown in this map please?

Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3889995)   #631
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What’s the Village? I must admit I haven’t heard of it before
Old 12 Mar 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3890001)   #632
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What’s the Village? I must admit I haven’t heard of it before
It is the "hotel" with those 3x2 rooms for 2 people that look like containers from the outside. Or, as I found out, the most expensive place to sleep in the circuit.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3890006)   #633
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
It is the "hotel" with those 3x2 rooms for 2 people that look like containers from the outside. Or, as I found out, the most expensive place to sleep in the circuit.

If I look at these pictures http://www.flexotels.com/en/fotos.php?album=14
I think it is here
Attached Thumbnails
FLEXOTEL.jpg  
Old 12 Mar 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3890011)   #634
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
If I look at these pictures http://www.flexotels.com/en/fotos.php?album=14

I think it is here
Excellent. Thanks!

Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3890131)   #635
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly sounds like there will be a lot of fun there
Old 13 Mar 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3890171)   #636
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not to be confused of course with the more commonly known 'Village' which contains shops, eateries etc and runs between the Dunlop Bridge and the steps down to the paddock.

Quote:
Certainly sounds like there will be a lot of fun there
It's Le Mans. That goes almost without saying.....
Old 13 Mar 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3890186)   #637
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Fun! At Le Mans? No we all go down and spend large amounts of money to be bored senseless for a week, and we do it every year. Lets be honest Le Mans is a drug that once it enters your system it is impossible to overcome, all petrol heads(can we say that now) need to do le mans once and the chances are it will be the first of many.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 06:26 (Ref:3892647)   #638
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The cost of joining the ACO is rather expensive if you do not take full advantage of the discounts on tickets/camping/grandstands but if you join whilst you are there then you will get the discounts for next years tickets. The VIP area's are good if the weather is grim, with the use of better toilets and food in b oth the ACO grandstand and the area close to the dunlop bridge. You also get a welcome pack that includes programme and stickers. Next year you will also get discounts on the Classic tickets
Old 22 Mar 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3892735)   #639
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's up to your own expectations, I find it worth the money if only for the privat areas. Descent toilet, affordable food and drinks and less crowdy. If you also buy tickets, you get better prices, acces (tour) to the privat area at scruteneering and to me it feels good supporting the organisation wich organises the race I 'love'.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3892816)   #640
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Im sold.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3892922)   #641
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Make sure you get, Racing Auto membership.
Old 25 Mar 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3893359)   #642
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good man. Even if you don't have a seat in T17/T18, you can still use the superclean loos, showers and the cafe upstairs.
Not forgetting charging points, tv, hourly timingsheets and a warm place to sit during the night (often used to sleep - why I never understand, so I walk by)
Old 25 Mar 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3893374)   #643
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sleep? Computer says no.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3897703)   #644
S griffin
Veteran

That sounds right. Probably the best thing you can do. Le Mans at night is one of the best, especially down Mulsanne
Old 17 Apr 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3898206)   #645
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Definitely get out to the back of the circuit.

Our plan is generally

Grandstand for free practice
Arnage or Mulsanne for 1st qually
Grandstand again or Tertre Rouge for 2nd qually
Mulsanne or Arnage for 3rd qually.

That way we not only get out to both enclosures at the back of the circuit during qualifying, we get to see qualifying from there twice in the dark - which is not to be missed.

Quote:
That sounds right. Probably the best thing you can do. Le Mans at night is one of the best, especially down Mulsanne

But unless you have your personal cloaking device handy, or you are clever at sneaking around or know a marshal or have a table looking out from one of the restaurants, you won't get to watch from the Mulsanne....
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3898217)   #646
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But unless you have your personal cloaking device handy, or you are clever at sneaking around or know a marshal or have a table looking out from one of the restaurants, you won't get to watch from the Mulsanne....
Definitely no spectating where I'll be (8/9bis, driver's left, roughly from where the tram passes under the track near Decathlon/Antares down to about 100m short of the first chicane). 1.3km of flat chat acceleration!

When the track's live though it's an awful long drive to practically anywhere for us, so I suspect I won't be moving very far - which means I might get some piccies taken, especially at night when I'm off shift.

I'm not remotely excited. Nope.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3898271)   #647
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What date will the camp sites be open from this year?
Old 17 Apr 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3898272)   #648
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Definitely no spectating where I'll be (8/9bis, driver's left, roughly from where the tram passes under the track near Decathlon/Antares down to about 100m short of the first chicane). 1.3km of flat chat acceleration!

When the track's live though it's an awful long drive to practically anywhere for us, so I suspect I won't be moving very far - which means I might get some piccies taken, especially at night when I'm off shift.

I'm not remotely excited. Nope.
I'm seriously envious of that view! (Although I wouldn't want to be stuck in the same place for as long as you!) Some video would be good!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3898466)   #649
S griffin
Veteran

LM has some great vantage points and yes a few videos wouldn’t go amiss
Old 19 Apr 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3898549)   #650
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am now a member of the ACO. Alors!