Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Aug 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3285187)   #16
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 494
Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official word from Ferrari from, err...Top Gear.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/f...mp1-2013-08-01
Thaw Daggerslash is offline  
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3285339)   #17
The Badger
Veteran
 
The Badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Innsbruck , Austria
Posts: 13,763
The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Ferrari coming in won't change the equivalency.
Wanna bet .
The Badger is offline  
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3285391)   #18
MoMedic9019
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 2,470
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wanna bet .
Toyota didn't. Why is Ferrari any different?
MoMedic9019 is offline  
__________________
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3285395)   #19
Mal
Veteran
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
England
London
Posts: 4,199
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Toyota didn't. Why is Ferrari any different?
Because Ferrari is the biggest single marketing coup that the ACO could dream of coming to Le Mans.
Mal is offline  
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3285404)   #20
Maelochs
Veteran
 
Maelochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,983
Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I firmly believe FIA Did play with the equivalency before Toyota announced its intent to enter the sereis---in fact I firmly beklieve Toyota execs approached FIA execs and said, "Keep tweaking if you want a third team in WEC."

FIA had been dialing back diesels for quite a while, after even the most casual fan noticed that the diesels had an impossible advantage.

The new regs are Entirely new. I do not doubt at all that if it turns out FIA didn't get some of the equivalencies right they will revisit them, Ferrari or not.

Would they give Ferrari a huge break? I doubt it. Even though we all talk about the huge breaks Audi got, we seem not to talk about the fact that Peugeot, a French team, got those same breaks. In fact, Diesels got huge breaks, not any specific team.

I doubt FIA would help out Ferrari because there would be too many other teams involved---how could FIA help Just Ferrari? If FIA made blatantly specific pro-Ferrari rules, it would cause massive problems with the other teams, and if they just boosted energy equivalency to help petrol cars, Porsche and Toyota would also benefit.
Maelochs is offline  
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3285427)   #21
The Badger
Veteran
 
The Badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Innsbruck , Austria
Posts: 13,763
The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If Ferrari blow their horn , the ACO will jump to attention .

The best the ACO really could do , is balance the diesel/petrol issue , and give everyone a real chance . I expect this will happen if Ferrari come along .
The Badger is offline  
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3285428)   #22
Dario911
Veteran
 
Dario911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Posts: 1,054
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now by now, I think these are just rumors. It's not the first time it happens. First of all Autosprint, wich is the main italian motorsport magazine (very, very well introduced in Ferrari) has never talked about this. No rumors, no news about Ferrari P1 project.
Then, we have to consider Maranello has always played about Le Mans interest when things were not going right in Formula 1. They shown interest in Le Mans every time they need a change or rules in Formula 1, as it happened few years ago. As it was with Indy, too.
Do you remember?
Then I don't think Ferrari may be interested in Le Mans in a bad situation like the one they're living in Formula 1. First to be involved in P1 program, I think they must recover the gap from Red Bull, Lotus and co. They must come on top in their main field, before to come back in Endurance.
Otherwise, it would sound as an escape for Ferrari and not as a new challenge for italian manufacturer.
"For over 60 years, Formula One has been a part of Ferrari's DNA and our commitment to the sport will continue so long as it remains a relevant platform that can guarantee the highest level of technology, research and development for our road cars, while providing a fair and genuine sporting contest."
These words reported in TG article, were by Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, interviewed from Auto magazine.
Auto magazine is one of the main italian car magazine, and is the owner of Autosprint magazine...
If someone had talked about P1 project, I bet they would have reported the news on Autosprint..............
I think these are just summer talks.
Dario911 is offline  
__________________
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Quote
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3285512)   #23
MoMedic9019
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 2,470
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
If Ferrari blow their horn , the ACO will jump to attention .

The best the ACO really could do , is balance the diesel/petrol issue , and give everyone a real chance . I expect this will happen if Ferrari come along .
I think we will see how it all lays out with a petrol powered Porsche. If there is still a lopsided balance, which there will be, Ferrari won't matter.
MoMedic9019 is offline  
__________________
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 00:44 (Ref:3285535)   #24
jimclark
Veteran
 
jimclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
Posts: 1,090
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BLAAAHH, Blaaahhh, blaaaahhhh....

I haven't "felt" a real Ferrari sportscar effort since the sixties...
jimclark is offline  
__________________
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3285545)   #25
FstrthnU
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
United States
Boston, MA
Posts: 1,569
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There may be a little connecting of the dots with F1 silly season.

If Ferrari is looking for a new 2nd driver to support Alonso (like Kimi), then they could be making plans to move Felipe Massa to the LMP1 project to help test in 2014.

Ferrari would probably use Felipe Massa, Marc Gené (2009 LM winner), Giancarlo Fisichella and someone else for the full-season effort in 2015.
FstrthnU is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3285546)   #26
jimclark
Veteran
 
jimclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
Posts: 1,090
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Sorry...been outa the loop. What is the evidence of even a thought of a Ferrari return???
jimclark is offline  
__________________
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3285548)   #27
MoMedic9019
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 2,470
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Sorry...been outa the loop. What is the evidence of even a thought of a Ferrari return???
There is none other than a baseless rumor.
MoMedic9019 is offline  
__________________
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3285573)   #28
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 13,903
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Everything starts as A RUMOR until it becomes reality or not.
TF110 is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3285575)   #29
Maelochs
Veteran
 
Maelochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,983
Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right ... sort of. Some rumoprs are in fact people talking about things they have heard that are actually in planning, while some are started by people grasping at straws or merely trying to write entertaining articles for a quick buck.

The kernel of this rumor was someone saying, "Well, no one from Ferrari ever expressly stated that they wouldn't enter P1."

Nor did they say they wouldn't enter the Kentucky Derby, NASCAR the Iditarod, air racing, or Nathan's hot-dog eating contest, so I guess those are all valid rumors?

Or maybe, we hear rumors of stuff happening and also rumors that are wholly fictional, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a whole lot of time on the wholly fictional?

So, some people are trying to determine if this one is wholly fictional.

So, regardless of whether everything starts as a rumor ... as you say, lots of rumors are not reality. No problem pointing out that this rumor isn['t supported by a single iota of evidence.

And really, even if Ferrari started a P1 program ... this current rumor wouldn't be a rumor of that. if Ferrari started a P1 program, and someone noticed the beginning stages, or learned that Ferrari had called Dallara and then deduced that they might be considering P1 ... but this is just some empty nothings based on the fact that some guy somewhere really wants it to happen. Even if it happened, this rumor would be unreality, because ti si not based on anything but imagination.

We'd all love to see it, but deluding ourselves doesn't help anything.

As for diesel/petrol balance ... I'd bet FIA jumps pretty quick for Toyota and Porsche, just as they have been giving Toyota increasing advantages since they started. FIA knows it need more than just Audi on board. Why someone thing FIA would suddenly bend over backward for Ferrari ... remember, we have new management there. Care to tell me what (ex-Ferrari manager) Jean Todt has done for Ferrari since he took over?
Maelochs is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Aug 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3285590)   #30
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 13,903
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
They are already in the WEC in GTE so its not like their not involved. All those GT3s they sell plus the fact theyll develop the 458 GT on their own points to more sportscar involvement. The rumors aren't out of the ordinary, plus they persist when a simple denial could put an end to it. I think its something on their minds and only time will tell us if they have plans for lmp1.
TF110 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P1 Racing Off at Paddock National & International Single Seaters 1 29 Aug 2009 10:43
Ferrari rumours spice up Xmas break Racenut7 Formula One 1 31 Dec 2008 01:18
Rumours of a new P1 Team? alwayswatching Sportscar & GT Racing 70 9 Jan 2008 21:35
Lindsay P1? pirenzo Sportscar & GT Racing 15 24 Feb 2003 12:05
Lindsay P1 Osella Sportscar & GT Racing 2 10 Jan 2002 19:09


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.