Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the Singapore Grand Prix 2015?
10 0 0%
9 3 6.00%
8 9 18.00%
7 9 18.00%
6 12 24.00%
5 9 18.00%
4 3 6.00%
3 4 8.00%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3575359)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2015

How do you rate the Grand Prix?
Old 20 Sep 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3575374)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9/10, purely for the joy of watching Hamilton fail.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3575386)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'll give it a 6. Nice to see a new winner. Interesting to see how Ferrari will fare in the races ahead.

I did find the race quite sluggish though.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3575388)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was kinda exciting to see STR catching up to Lotus and trying to catch up to PĂ©rez and Sauber catching up to both Lotuses.
Vettel's pole to win was the exciting part of the race too IMO.
And Verstappen and Nasr did great overtakes against several drivers.

So, the score will be a 9/10 from me.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3575392)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
8/10
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3575398)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow 9, 6, 9, 8
Were Sky UK showing a different race ?????????
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3575403)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
easy 8 for me. lots off good stuff from good tire selection, Ferrari win, LH retirement, Maldonado hi-jinx, some quality overtakes, and crazy dude on the track.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3575410)   #8
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. Quite entertaining and I like the event.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3575415)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Not a thriller for me, but there was some good racing in the pack. The Toro Rosso pair were the most entertaining.

I wondered whether to up my score a bit for the fact that it was Ferrari and Red Bull on the podium rather than Mercedes, but I don't feel like that fundamentally alters the facts of the race. Kimi was cast adrift, and Ricciardo just didn't have the pace to threaten Vettel. I thought it was a very straight forward race for Vettel.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3575418)   #10
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, it was a refreshing change that Mercedes couldn't dominate.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3575421)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It wasn't a total borefest, but it wasn't the best race i'd ever seen either.

I gave it a 5. No real battle at the front, a few skirmishes towards the midpack, but that's about it. I don't mind the circuit, it is a challenge as such with no 100 acre tarmac run off zone at every corner, so for that it gets a more favorable mark.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3575432)   #12
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9/10. Needed more Priest catching marshalls though
Old 20 Sep 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3575451)   #13
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5/10. Okay - not the most exciting race - but, the Mercedes not being able to challenge for the win did shake things up a bit. There were some battles down the field : Nasr, Ercission, Verstappen, RoGro and Button almost had a decent race until he hit Maldonado.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3575468)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't riveting but there have been worse races this season 5.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3575471)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Didn't really light my fire much at all.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3575476)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Satisfied with the results, nonetheless what happened to Hamilton.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3575490)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
5. Dullness with interspersed moments of interest.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3575495)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some good stuff and some very boring bits, gave it a 6
Old 20 Sep 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3575503)   #19
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result, mediocre race
Old 20 Sep 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3575510)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
A 6 will do.
Not enough action at the front.
The midfield battles were quite entertaining though.

For me, having different winner and misfortunes for the usual winners doesn't influence my vote.
I'd rather have a good entertaining race where Mercedes wins again than a rather boring one with a different winner.

It's better for the championship, I get that - but that does nothing to change the on-track action.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 23:08 (Ref:3575549)   #21
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was going to be a 6 but purely for the use of the the word potentiometer. it gets an 7.
Old 21 Sep 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3575625)   #22
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 4 from me because I like street circuits, I saw some sparks coming off the skid plates and the cars look very shiny under the lights........
Old 21 Sep 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3575654)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!

Nice to see Ferrari and Red Bull beat Mercedes, although ironically Hamilton's retirement robbed us of what could have been a good race, where it only threatened to get exciting. Midfield battles kept it alive
Old 21 Sep 2015, 11:37 (Ref:3575682)   #24
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty poor. Monaco is bad enough but at least it has a history. Why build another for the modern era? Even racing under lights has lost its appeal. 3
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 21 Sep 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3575712)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
A 4 from me because I like street circuits, I saw some sparks coming off the skid plates and the cars look very shiny under the lights........
Sums it up nicely! 10/10 for littleman.

I even find myself agreeing With JT. Another 10/10.