Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2021, 06:12 (Ref:4073542)   #151
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
The Shoey is back.
A triple bunger.. one for Mr Ricciardo, one for Mr Norris.. and another for Mr Brown.,

As for the result.. unbelievable, fancy doing that!
So glad the result came when it looked lost for so long..
I thought it was over… glad that it isn’t!!

More please
(Humble pie is best served with tomato sauce…)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Sep 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4073547)   #152
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Lando spitting out the shoey was a massive highlight for me.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:19 (Ref:4073568)   #153
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
He has an athlete's foot phobia........
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4073570)   #154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Chessy fizzy wine may not be to his taste, it certainly would not be to mine
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4073577)   #155
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
and in the current C-19 situation, I'm not sure I'd be keen on sharing any drinking receptacle.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4073633)   #156
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great race (and overall weekend) for Ricciardo. It's good to see him back on the podium. I hope we see more of him and Lando up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I laughed at that. First... I don't know if I want to drink out of my own shoe let alone someone else's. But... dude, if you go that far, you might as well swallow it!

Richard
Old 15 Sep 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4074041)   #157
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Fizzy wine and cheese is de rigeur for every art gallery or book launch
Chateau sparco a cheeky number with hints of berry and overtones of toejam
Old 15 Sep 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4074062)   #158
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
and in the current C-19 situation, I'm not sure I'd be keen on sharing any drinking receptacle.
Rosberg was the only driver with a fit response to the shoey.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 00:18 (Ref:4075340)   #159
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Now that’s what I call a turn around.As I have posted on several occasions this year there hasn’t been a multiple race winning driver in F1 in the last 40 years that has suffered such a sudden and seemingly inexplicable loss of pace.People saying the car would have to change if he was going to get back to the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Yesterday nothing changed technically yet he drove a flawless winning race.The way he comfortably held off Verstappen in the first phase of the race was even more impressive than the run from the last VSC.
It makes the rest of the year even more of a puzzle.Hopefully there has been some kind of mental breakthrough that will carry on to Sochi.
Hold your horses. Monza was mainly straight, flat out running. That takes away whatever advantage Norris had over him. I would expect Norris to resume his "superiority" on more conventional circuits like at Russia this weekend.

What we saw was what happens were Ricciardo to gets a grip of everything. I didn't expect it to happen this year. But he demonstrated the fighting spirit he has. It was his first opportunity for a big result and he took it like a champ.

Norris' first opportunity, having dominated Ricciardo throughout the season, was actually at Belgium. But he stuffed it in the wall. It would've been a cheap, hollow win on merit of the race, but justified due to reward for the effort this season. He didn't speak like a winner during and post race at Monza. He was gazumped.

Fancy querying about team orders now that it didn't suit him? I didn't expect it to occur this season, but that's the flipside of whining about it at Imola, and basking in the glory of getting on the podium. His best finish so far has been overshadowed and I suspect feels unfulfilling

David Coulthard was way off Hakkinen during 98/99 when he'd beaten him during 97. There would be other examples, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Things are never as they seem with racing.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 03:17 (Ref:4075535)   #160
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Hold your horses. Monza was mainly straight, flat out running. #1

That takes away whatever advantage Norris had over him. I would expect Norris to resume his "superiority" on more conventional circuits like at Russia this weekend. #2

What we saw was what happens were Ricciardo to gets a grip of everything. I didn't expect it to happen this year. But he demonstrated the fighting spirit he has. It was his first opportunity for a big result and he took it like a champ.

Norris' first opportunity, having dominated Ricciardo throughout the season, was actually at Belgium. But he stuffed it in the wall. It would've been a cheap, hollow win on merit of the race, but justified due to reward for the effort this season. He didn't speak like a winner during and post race at Monza. He was gazumped.

Fancy querying about team orders now that it didn't suit him? I didn't expect it to occur this season, but that's the flipside of whining about it at Imola, and basking in the glory of getting on the podium. His best finish so far has been overshadowed and I suspect feels unfulfilling

David Coulthard was way off Hakkinen during 98/99 when he'd beaten him during 97. There would be other examples, but can't think of them off the top of my head. #3

Things are never as they seem with racing.

But it also plays to the cars strengths and minimizes the problems Ricciardo was having. If you took a look at some of the analysis available on some sites about the strengths and weaknesses comparisons between the teams you can understand better where he is losing time to Lando.
Yes but not by so much. You could measure it in a few metres.
So what was going on at McLaren? Was Hakkinen Ron Dennis' 'favourite' over Coulthard?
They never are.....

Last edited by Teretonga; 26 Sep 2021 at 03:23.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 04:05 (Ref:4075541)   #161
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hakkinen was great in 1997. The stronger driver in the team. Didn’t get the results mind, but it was fairly obvious he was better.

Although that was obviously lost on the British media.

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Sep 2021 at 04:15. Reason: Meant media not just press.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4075547)   #162
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Hakkinen was great in 1997. The stronger driver in the team. Didn’t get the results mind, but it was fairly obvious he was better.

Although that was obviously lost on the British media.
Broke down at least twice when he was on for a win iirc. Was it Silverstone where he was miles ahead?
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4075551)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Broke down at least twice when he was on for a win iirc. Was it Silverstone where he was miles ahead?
Three times. Silverstone when he was keeping Villeneuve behind him on old tyres, Austria on the first lap and Luxembourg when both he and DC broke down on consecutive laps in the lead!
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:09 (Ref:4076226)   #164
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
But it also plays to the cars strengths and minimizes the problems Ricciardo was having. If you took a look at some of the analysis available on some sites about the strengths and weaknesses comparisons between the teams you can understand better where he is losing time to Lando.
Yes but not by so much. You could measure it in a few metres.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
So what was going on at McLaren? Was Hakkinen Ron Dennis' 'favourite' over Coulthard?
They never are.....
If there was favourtism, it might be subtle. There's no question there's a political factor in F1 imo, but not necessarily similar to federal politics, politics. But more like a family, small business type politics.

A sibling/worker can get away with doing or avoiding something when the others can't. A parent/boss may be trying to make things equal, but inadvertently become bias towards one. Nt necessarily huge, but creates disharmony in the group if spoken about, and makes it worse for the "victim", so you just put up with it (Imagine if Bottas for instance, publicly cracked it over the way he's been treated with pit strategies/communication at MB?) You're not taught how to deal with that in driver development programs though.

Another factor for me that's huge is there is a massive difference in psychology between driving a car that's best in the field and one that isn't. I'm not talking about where it's close like it is between RB & MB this year. I'm talking about where the gap between the best and the rest is huge.

When you're not driving the best car, you're always attacking, chasing, going for it. Driver's weaknesses are hidden and strengths are highlighted because you're always going all out.

When driving the best car, good results are taken for granted so it doesn't matter how good you are, you've got the best car. All you can do is stuff it up. Not all drivers can deal with that, and maybe not Coulthard?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4076253)   #165
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
A Team who’s Country that’s favours its own countrymen driving for them? That would never happen in this lifetime.