Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 29 Dec 2007, 05:26 (Ref:2096061)   #26
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard it was the death penalty.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 07:16 (Ref:2096084)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1
The future of champ car is with Kevin Kalkhoven who successfully challenged serious charges of fraud and insider trading, but probably spent millions on legal help. I doubt he has thought much of his series in the past few months.

I heard from someone on one of the top IRL teams (I know, rumors) that Kalkhoven had lost interest in champ car.
Probably a good idea to keep posting on relevant topics.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 15:05 (Ref:2096209)   #28
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT!

Mr. Kalkoven was never charged by any criminal court on any charges of either fraud or insider trading! He was a defendant in a CIVIL trial filed by a pension fund in Connecticut.

Using the same warped thinking on the part of some regarding civil cases I ask since Mr. Rahal has been sued by Mr. Sharp and vice versa, HOW MUCH JAIL TIME ARE THEY FACING!
"Four former executives — Kalkhoven and Jozef Straus, both former chief executives, and former Chief Financial Officer Anthony Muller and former Chief Operating Officer Charles Abbe — were accused of acting on that information and improperly unloading more than $500 million of their own stock in JDS Uniphase between 1999 and 2001."
http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news3856.html

You are right, it was a civil court and I never said anything different.

He did spend a lot of money fighting this lawsuit and he has remained mum on champ cars for some time.

Maybe the hobby is not so much fun when it drains your wallet.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 15:06 (Ref:2096210)   #29
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Probably a good idea to keep posting on relevant topics.
In the world of North American open wheel racing is see nothing more relevent, you can't just close your eyes ang ignore it.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 17:18 (Ref:2096257)   #30
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I for one was not seeing anywhere a suggestion that this was a criminal trial either, but, whatever...

I agree with rush1 here in that if KK's eye is off the ball or has had to devote $$ resources elsewhere, then by doing so would be possibly to the detriment of CC. That would be rather relevant, although it needs to be in the other forum...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Dec 2007, 01:31 (Ref:2096406)   #31
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So anyways back onto IRL news and notes
Old 1 Jan 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2097532)   #32
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More news on the Mann Motorsport entry here:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17570&cat=3
Old 1 Jan 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2097553)   #33
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Ahh, modern motorsports! Good to see that they are planning on "delivering value" to their sponsors this season!

Remember when we used to race to win?

Anyways, before I am reminded to stay strictly on topic (Achtung, Baby!), it is good to see a new entry on the grid. With a one-car team these days "delivering value" is more difficult...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 05:20 (Ref:2099043)   #34
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
does anyone have that annoucement in English ?

Ive never heard of this team before , whats their history ?
Old 4 Jan 2008, 06:26 (Ref:2099068)   #35
Peno
Racer

Peno should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They ran occasionally from 89-92. They ran Gary Bettenhausen, Mark Dismore and John Paul Jr. (shared one car) in 89 and stuck with Paul Jr. from 90-92 making Indy one-off attempts. Their best finish was 10th at Indy in '92 with Paul Jr. They then failed to make the 500 for 93 and that was the last we heard from Mann.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2099107)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

So is this one a definite or await further developments
Old 4 Jan 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2099162)   #37
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that as long as the IRL website doesn't make an official statement, it's just about good rumours; btw the same italiaracing.net

http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17566&cat=3

report of Patrick Long entering the series with Luczo/Penske outfit, it's not specified whethedr it would be for the whole season.

It's quite curisous that this little italian website report things that nobody know in the States...
Old 4 Jan 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2099191)   #38
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
does anyone have that annoucement in English ?

Ive never heard of this team before , whats their history ?

If you go to the link marcus, there is a teeny-bitty flag (British, I think) that you can click on to get the site's English language version...
Old 4 Jan 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2099445)   #39
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
I think that as long as the IRL website doesn't make an official statement, it's just about good rumours; btw the same italiaracing.net

http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17566&cat=3

report of Patrick Long entering the series with Luczo/Penske outfit, it's not specified whethedr it would be for the whole season.

It's quite curisous that this little italian website report things that nobody know in the States...
Since that "little Italian website" is (of course) on the web, they're privy to every blog and rumor that you are...no, it's not curious at all. In cyberspace, they could just as well be next door.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2099469)   #40
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a small announcement some time ago about this, I believe in the indy star. Doesn't really seem to be much more than an "expression of interest" at this time.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2099528)   #41
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... and someone is now debunking it elsewhere, stating that Patrick is committed to Porsche.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Jan 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2099536)   #42
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
... and someone is now debunking it elsewhere, stating that Patrick is committed to Porsche.
AFAIK, Pat Long is contracted directly to Porsche. I don't know what or if that has any impact on what he can race elsewhere, but usually drivers signed by them can only race porsches in their home country.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 23:27 (Ref:2099596)   #43
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhh yes thanks John for the English flag bit
Old 5 Jan 2008, 01:52 (Ref:2099664)   #44
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
No worries, marcus!
Old 7 Jan 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2100955)   #45
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've tried to find out more about the Mann Motorsports entry but their isn't alot out there

I think i'll wait for something properly official to be announced before I get excited
Old 9 Jan 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2102784)   #46
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
AFAIK, Pat Long is contracted directly to Porsche. I don't know what or if that has any impact on what he can race elsewhere, but usually drivers signed by them can only race porsches in their home country.
Ryan Briscoe was a factory driver contracted directly to Porsche in 2007.

That was announced before the 2007 season. The Porsche site has not yet (as of today) been updated for 2008, so here is the list...

http://www.porsche.com/latin-america.../worksdrivers/

I think I remember Briscoe driving something with a Honda motor in it near the end of May last year.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2103032)   #47
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
I've tried to find out more about the Mann Motorsports entry but their isn't alot out there

I think i'll wait for something properly official to be announced before I get excited

DB Mann is a developer here in Indianapolis. They don't have any equiptment anymore much less a car. If they get the funds to run Indy it will be with leased cars and equiptment.
Patrick Long is a contracted Porsche driver but the contract has an out if he wishes to race in a different series. Briscoe was a contracted Penske driver with Porsche approval therefore it wasn't as hard to move him from series to series.
Old 11 Jan 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2104023)   #48
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We missed you Team Owner, we all needed some more certainties among this bunch of rumours; now you're back and it shows
Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:18 (Ref:2105189)   #49
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to the Panther website

PJ Chesson is close to agreeing a deal to become their 2nd driver alongside Meira

i predicted this about 3 months ago so let's hope it comes off

it appears they are also strongly considering Brent Sherman for their IPS effort

Leilana Munter and AJ Foyt IV have also been mentioned on their website although if recent rumours are to be believed then Foyt IV will end up back at Vision as they downsize to two cars
Old 13 Jan 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2105198)   #50
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Panther have some decent money this year? As I understood it, last year the Delphi money was not great but the year before they did so much with so little...I would love to see these guys get back to the front...